Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 57 - Fool

Shonen-ai/Slash! For DD_DM. A black-winged angel finds himself caught up in the fate of a young boy that defies existence itself, a boy with paradoxed wings, a boy named 'Iris'...

Chapter 57 - Fool

Chapter 57 - Fool
Iris

+--

“You’re a fool, you know.”
Corryn yawned as he spoke, baring a small, surprisingly vivid pink tongue, shaking his head. The mussed state of his hair didn’t affect him at all, as it had long ceased to for those who no longer had the time nor the energy to care about personal looks.
Valkyre stretched, muscles going stiff. Pain spiked through his body along his spine, aching near the wings, but it was muted and he ignored the discomfort. It was nothing.
“Fool for what?” he asked. Dreamtime was up.
Corryn scratched his arm, picking a little at a small line of ridged scabs, purposefully glancing away.
“For trusting me. At all.”
Valkyre scoffed, lightly.
“Why didn’t you attack me first, then?”
Corryn’s hand dropped to his knee, limp. His golden eyes were distant, gazing out on the road behind them, at the vast stretch of nothing.
“You’re saved,” he replied, at length, glancing back just briefly, a grin on his lips. “…For now.”
The crossbreed arched a brow. “What? From you?”
Corryn made a face.
“I’m here to wait,” he said, “For whoever else comes. It’s your turn to go.”
Valkyre stretched out his arms over his head, feeling the muscles tense then loosen, feeling the strength he still held in them. He ached all over, to be honest, but this was something he had experienced before. He could push down the pain.
Of course, his previous experiences all stemmed from damage he’d taken that could be healed; now, he wasn’t so sure how this pain could ever go away. Power flowed in and out of him, some restricted, some unstoppable, in ways he felt like he couldn’t control. This was different. This new blood burned him, internally. And he couldn’t hold it back, forever.
“…Like who else?”
Corryn shrugged, feigning carelessness.
“Camael is not my problem. Nor is that foolish vampire.”
He paused, glancing over at Valkyre, eyes smiling.
“Raguel… we’ll see. I still think feuds should be left to be properly settled, or else the story gets boring. And…”
Corryn glanced back out into the open, sprawling wasteland.
“Rheis. If he even shows up.”
Valkyre blinked.
“Then Rheis isn’t dead. …Where has he been?”
Corryn chuckled.
“The little black batty is falling apart, Valkyre,” he hummed, “And he was starting to doubt himself. When you do that, you’re going to slip up.”
When the other glanced over, his eyes were bright and excited, almost feverish.
“It should be fun.”
Valkyre sighed, then stood, slowly.
Rheis… Rheis was breaking apart. He knew this, took it in. It was nothing surprising.
However, it was probably less the inorganic aspects wearing down, than something more basic; a conscience, perhaps. After all, hadn’t it been mentioned that Rheis had turned out much more… organic than Eire? He had been based off of Raguel… And now, with no sense of direction, with no orders to follow…
“You seem to be looking forward to it. Is it because you want the satisfaction of taking out both Eire and Rheis yourself?”
Corryn merely made a face, sticking out his tongue.
“You decide,” was all he would say, neither objecting nor admitting to Valkyre’s blatant accusation.
Valkyre stretched his legs, wings curling around him. It’d never occurred to him to pull away his wings, to draw them back into his body; it felt… right, somehow, feeling this weight dragging at his back like it hadn’t ever done before… and also, he supposed, because he wanted to… …show them. To show the world, and to show himself, what he was now.
Because there was no longer any time for doubt or questioning.
There was only moving forward.
Corryn seemed to be following his chain of thought.
“You should go now, angel. Go find Iris. Say your last words. I’m not allowed to kill you until after.”
He grinned, flashing sharp teeth and glinting, mirthful eyes, his black hair falling over his face.
Valkyre frowned, forming his hand into a fist, tightening and loosening his grip, testing his strength.
“…Don’t call me… that.”
The crossbreed glanced up through his black hair at the other’s face, which was still set in a leering grin. “I’m… not…”
Corryn laughed, shaking his head.
“You’re a fool, Valkyre,” he chuckled, “And you still think like a human.”
The other shook his head in exasperation, then stepped away, his violet eyes narrowing to adjust to the brightness that reflected from every slab of stone as he moved away from the shadow of the stone, fading now, slightly, as the sun began to set.
Corryn called after him, in that childish yet impossibly sagacious, aged tone of voice.
“You’re still Iris’ angel, Valkyre.”
And then his voice and his words and his silhouette were all gone, swallowed up by the shadow as Valkyre stepped out into the sunlight.

+--

AN: Another chapter. Hoo boy. Um, I haven't gotten a word written past this. XD; I know, I know, I'm sorry!! ::ducks::
Anyways, midterms are over, so hopefully, somewhere between the crush of homework, the burning need to draw (I haven't drawn anything in even longer, o_o;;) and the alternate writings, musings, and time-wasting, I will try to get some more Iris done. I'm sorry. XD;
THANK YOU ALL~

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Dark_Alchemist on January 31, 2007, 11:37:53 AM

Dark_Alchemist on
Dark_AlchemistCute cute cute! I love Corryn. No, I don't think I can wait for the next one~~~ (dies)

Eh ... can I draw them?