Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Revalations and surprises!

Takes place after Dawn of Sorrow. Soma discovers time travel and ends up on the Titanic! Will he be able to save lives while trying to stay alive himself?

Chapter 1 - Revalations and surprises!

Chapter 1 - Revalations and surprises!
The Titanic Journey


April 14th, 2036, London, England. I, Soma Cruz, age twenty, am currently waiting to unveil my discovery of time travel to the world. Now, you may be sitting there thinking that time travel simply isnt possible. I, however, strongly disagree. Ever since the solar eclipse of 2035, I have had many special abilities bestowed upon me. And it was quite by accident that one day I tried to combine my abilities together. At that time, I merely wanted to know the extent of my powers, and I was pushing them to the limit. I could create fire out of thin air, turn into an animal, and do just about any ability you can, or maybe cant, think of. It was then that I used my powers to stop time. Not a single object or person, save me, moved an inch. Then, I used my power of speed to see how fast I could go. But at the moment of unleashing my power, something amazing happened. The world that I knew just disappeared, and I was surrounded by a tunnel of light. I saw an opening up ahead, so I moved towards it. Just as I passed that point, I reappeared in the real world. But it wasnt the world that I had just left. I saw people in clothing that hadnt been seen since 1912, and object that simply couldnt exist in my time! It was then that I realized that I had managed to move faster than the speed of light, and in the process, reverse the flow of time! I have used my powers to put together a video of my memories. They show all that happened to me during my time in the past. Dont believe me? Why dont you just see for yourself?


Chapter 1: Revelations and Surprises



*April 10th, 1912. 8:00 am*


Hey lad! Are you alright? Cmon my boy, say something!

The white-haired boy slowly opened his eyes, adjusting them to the sudden light.
He tried to sit up, but a rush of dizziness forced him back down again. Ow&my head! Where the bloody hell am I? And what happened?!

The man who had found him stared at him like hed grown another head. Youre in London, England, and its April 10th, 1912. What did you do to your hair? Did you bleach it or something? I havent seen hair like that in all my blooming years, save my mothers&

The young man was getting rather annoyed with this mans blathering. Does my hair really matter?! Anyway, thank you for filling me in on all this. Youve been a wonderful help!

And so Soma Cruz sped off into an unfamiliar world. As he ran on, he could still hear the mans voice ringing in his ears. It cant be 1912& It just cant! Unless&?! I traveled backwards through time! I made a scientific breakthrough by accident! Seriously, what are the chances?!
He was nearing a huge crowd of people and automobiles, so he slowed to a walk. He gazed up in amazement at the massive vessel in front of him. With her four great funnels, she was pretty hard to miss! The R.M.S. Titanic& My God, shes gigantic!

You bet she is, and shes also the most luxurious ship on the open seas! Hey& How come we look so much alike? In fact, we look exactly alike! Are you my long lost twin?!

Soma turned to face the young man who was speaking to him. When their eyes met, they stared at the other like they were a ghost. Bloody hell& Its like Im staring at my reflection! The only difference between us is our clothing!

Soma took a deep breath and stepped towards his look-alike. Tell me. Whats your name?

Adrian Cruz& Why?

Soma started to laugh. There is no way in hell that we can look the same! Its just freaky!

Adrian started to laugh as well. Thats impossible, and yet, here we are& our paths crossed! What brings you to London?

Soma took his double by the arm and sat him down on the nearest bench. You wouldnt believe me if I told you, but I suppose Ill have to in order for you to understand& You might want to prepare yourself for all this!

He then told Adrian about his journey to the past. When he finished, the awestruck man beside him was slack-jawed. You come from the year 2036?! But thats 124 years from now! And what about all those powers you claim to have? Ill bet theyre all illusions and parlor tricks!

Soma closed his eyes and concentrated, forming a sphere of light between his palms. Do you think this is an illusion? Oh wait, I have a better idea. Think fast!

He then sent the ball of light zooming at his unsuspecting friend. Adrian, startled by the sudden move, caught the orb out of mid-air. He stared in shock at what just happened. Its real& Your powers are blooming real!

Soma smiled at his now convinced friend. You can bet your life on it! But anyway, Im just curious& Are you going to America on the Titanic?

Adrian swung out his arm towards the grand ship, as if showing off his most prized possession. Im going to America on the finest ship on the seven seas, and all because some dumb bloke bet his tickets in a game of poker! I won myself two second-class tickets on that ship! This maiden voyage will make headlines in New York!
Soma gazed at his jubilant friend with troubled ocean-blue eyes. No doubt it will, but not for her arrival in America& On April 15th, 1912, the whole world will see the headline describing how the unsinkable ship fell to the bottom of the Atlantic at 2:20 am the previous morning. Theres no mistake about it&

Adrian stared at his tearful friend in shock. Thats not possible! The Titanic is the most secure ship that the White Star Line has ever built! Her sister ship, the Olympic, completed her maiden voyage with time to spare! Why shouldnt the Titanic?!

That drive to arrive in New York early will ultimately cause the Tiatanics demise. In his haste to arrive, Captain Edward J. Smith will send her full-steam ahead into an ice field without thinking twice. Not only that, but that, but shes built towards luxury, not safety. There are only enough lifeboats to hold half the amount of people on board. Over 1500 people will go down with the ship, unless we are able to help prevent them! Please Adrian& I cant do this alone! I need your help!

The troubled young man placed his hand on his companions shoulder. Indeed you do, and Ill give it my all to help save lives on that ship. Come on, grab a ticket and lets go, because the Titanic is going to leave soon!

Soma and Adrian ran towards the boarding dock in great haste. They were waved through, but just as they were about to go to their room, they were stopped by one of the crewmen. Um&Excuse me, but are you twins? And what happened to your hair?! Is that even natural?

The two men looked at each other with a common rapport gleaming in their eyes. Soma grinned at the crewman standing before him. Were not even related, and yes the hair is natural if you dont mind!

They then went away, leaving a very puzzled crewman behind. Hmm& Kids these days!

And so the ill-fated journey of the Titanic began, moving ever closer to a chilling future&

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

TwilightGoddessZelda on September 15, 2006, 1:58:53 AM

TwilightGoddessZelda on
TwilightGoddessZeldaSorry about the wierd way the chapter turned out. How do you get it to appear normal looking? Submit a comment if you know how!