Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Round Two

What happens when Syaoran returns from Hong Kong and finds that something is wrong with Sakura? Please tell me what you think =)

Chapter 9 - Round Two

Chapter 9 - Round Two
Chapter 9: Round Two

Sakura began to walk up to Basha. She looked her straight in the eyes but noticed the smirk on her face. Basha just chuckled to herself then disappeared. Sakura was shocked at the speed Basha had but was not scared. Sakura knew that she also had some tricks of her own. Sakura turned around just in time to see Basha running towards her. She quickly called forth the Power card and blocked her attack. They were head to head, and never took their eyes off each other.

"Do you honestly think the cards can help you? I'm much more powerful than any of them."

Sakura just looked her straight in the eyes and replied,"I don't care how powerful you think you are, I will defeat you anyway I can."

Basha just smirked again and disappeared. Sakura looked around and didn't find her on the ground anywhere. She then looked above her and spotted Basha. She was floating in the air with her arms crossed.

"Come and get me, if you can." She started laughing to herself.

"I'll show you." She then called for the Fly card. Her wings began to grow out of her back and she started to fly into the air.

Basha began to fly away from Sakura, challenging her to some sort of race. Sakura followed but struggled to keep up with her. They flew around the park, and nearly missed some of the trees that were in their paths. Tomoyo, Eriol and Syaoran watched from below. Basha then turned around quickly and started flying towards Sakura. Sakura stopped and smirked at her. As Basha got closer to Sakura, she closed her hand and formed a fist. She started to chant some words and her fist began to glow. Sakura watched and her eyes began to widen. She knew what Basha was doing and knew she had to get out of the way. Sakura didn't know what to do. She knew that Basha was really fast and that she wouldn't have enough time to dodge the attack.

Sakura quickly covered her face with her arms and clinched her teeth hard as the attack made contact. Sakura couldn't hold it for long and soon was thrown back from the force. She fell to the ground and hit it hard. Syaoran tried to get up with what little strength he had left but collapsed.

"SAKURA!!! GET UP!!! Please! Say something!" Syaoran screamed to his love as she laid lifeless on the ground. He began to cry but wiped them away when he seen her move slightly. She shook as she tried to stand up. She almost fell again but was determined to get up. She grabbed her arm for it was in a lot of pain and was bleeding pretty bad. She looked over at Syaoran and the others and gave a weak smile.

"Don't worry my love, I am alright. It will take more than that to kill me. As long as I have you and my friends to stand by my side, nothing can kill the love and strength we share!" Then she turned to Basha. "And with that, we will bring you down!!"

Basha just looked at her and smiled. She then again, took the position that she did before. She formed a fist with her hand and it began to glow once again. But this time Sakura was more prepared. As Basha started to chant the words again, Sakura took out her cards. Basha then launched her attack but it was soon blocked by the Shield card. She was surprised that her attack was actually stopped but she knew she had more tricks.

Basha started to float back to the ground and then started walking towards Tomoyo, Eriol and Syaoran. She stopped about 20 feet from the others and looked back at Sakura. She gave a huge smirk and raised her hand towards Sakura friends. Sakura had a really bad feeling about it and started running but was too late. As soon as she reached Basha, she had already shot one of her blasts. She began to tear up as she found out who it hit. She tried to look at the ground and then look up to see if she was just seeing things but it didn't work.

The next thing she saw was Syaoran's sword falling to the ground, then him soon after. She ran up to him and collapsed beside him. She lifted his head and nuzzled his face with hers. She tried to get him to speak but he was too weak and hurt to even move. Tomoyo walked up to her and placed her hand on her shoulder.

"I'm so sorry about this Sakura. I wish he wouldn't have jumped in front of me or else this wouldn't have happened."

Sakura just continued to cry and hold Syaoran close to her. Then Eriol walked up to her. He crouched down and looked into her eyes. "Sakura, it's not going to help if you keep crying. You're just doing what she wants you to do. You need to be strong. Syaoran wouldn't want you to give up. Do it for him, do it for us, but most of all, do it for yourself."

"You're right Eriol. Crying won't solve anything." She stood up and dried her tears. "Eriol, take Syaoran far from here and please make sure he's okay. Please keep him safe."

Eriol picked up Syaoran and started to walk away, but was stopped by Sakura. She stepped in front of him and looked down at Syaoran. He was still unconscious but could feel her close to him. She bend down a bit and had her face close to Syaoran's. She gave him a kiss and told him she loved him. She then walked away from them and told him to leave. Eriol agreed and left, with Tomoyo by his side. He only looked back for a second and saw Sakura standing before Basha.

'You can do it Sakura' Eriol thought to himself. And with that, Eriol, Tomoyo and Syaoran were gone, and hopefully out of danger.

**************************************************************************

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment