Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Dream Memory

This is one of my slowest works to date, and I figured I'd put it up here. It's an original story with original characters.
Main character is "Alexander", an elf rogue.

I hope you enjoy this!

Chapter 4 - Dream Memory

Chapter 4 - Dream Memory
"All right kid, listen up!" a tenor's voice, that had been ruined by many years of screaming at the top of its abilities, drew Alexander to looking at the owner of the voice. The human grinned, "You were off in fantasy land again, elf. Is that a common thing for your race?" a sneer replaced the grin. Alexander rolled his eyes,

"Funny a human accuses ME of going into a fantasy land..."

"Heh," another grin replaced the sneer, "You get sharper every day kid. But you better not take to swipin from me! You may be quick, but you're not quicker than my eyes, boy! So then, you were paying attention. What were we planning to do?"

"Ah...” Alexander blinked, and his green irises were slightly covered by black pupil, “We were going to go into the next town, Th'reha, and get some of those jewels from the middle of the statue. You're going to cause a fight and I'm going to pry the jewels off there,” he then sighs, “But what were you gonna do with them after I get em? Shey, everyone knows they belong there.”
The elf looks up expectantly at the human, who turned his back to pace a few steps away like he always did when there were too many questions and he was trying to decide how and what to answer. And as usual, Alexander studied him.

Shey looked slow, he moved slow, and sometimes he acted slow. Not to mention he was the ugliest thing that anyone in the southeastern side of Natlmr had ever seen. Teeth that would look more at home in a mule's mouth, a lazy eye that seemed to look at one of the WORST spots to look at a person...then that's not counting the whole body structure.

But then as the saying goes, looks are often deceiving and that was no different for Shey.
Put him in a situation that warranted it, and he could throw knives through a person faster than it took them to even aim a weapon or spell. And his strength was completely unexpected in the middle of a brawl, that first impression would be thrown out the window.

Alexander would know this, because he'd watched Shey long before he thought the human knew of him—and once or twice he'd been the object Shey was fighting for. He'd have to remember to ask him to teach about those knives, Alexander KNEW he was fast enough for that. Just had to learn the skill...Green eyes looked up at Shey's stiffening shoulders and the elf braced himself for a 'pick and choose' explanation.

“All right kid. Everyone knows about the jewels and where they're supposed to be. Meaning that news will travel fast, correct?”

“Yes. Of course! There's no way we could get them off us.”

“Wrong. We don't,” Shey looked Alexander up and down, “Nothing says we have to be rid of them. Just because we place things don't mean that we lose them immediately. Don't ask, I won't tell you.” he smirked, seeing the elf draw an exasperated breath and mildly added, “Plus we went over this last night. You didn't pay attention?”

“Why are you so interested in that? You're TRYING to catch me!”

The open defiance in the boy's stance drew a laugh from Shey, “Perhaps because you catch yourself! So, not paying attention twice and trying to lie your way out of it...I get a third of your cut.”

Alexander shot him a glare,
“I want to strike you twelve feet under.”

“Then I'll be happy you can't,” Shey said, in a patronizing tone of voice. He then smirks and musses the green mop of hair on Alexander's head, “Not too fast for me elf boy. Not too fast at all. Let's get a stab at those jewels now, Th'reha awaits!”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment