Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Crash Landing

  Jim's mother only wishes the best for her son. But she should be careful what she wishes for. Jim's life will be all turned around later in the future. 

Chapter 2 - Crash Landing

Chapter 2 - Crash Landing
Ch. 2
 
                           Crash Landing
 
         After the dinner rush, Jim Hawkins was throwing pebbles that he found in the gutter on the rooftop. Thunder began to roll in, as dark ominous clouds drifted above the sky. Since the kitchen was right above his bedroom, Jim could hear the conversation his mother and the family friend Doctor Delbert Doppler were having. And it wasn’t a very good conversation either. Sarah just seemed…fed up with Jim. And this made the boy feel unhappy. It made him feel worthless. Was it because of how reckless he can be? Was she worried that he would turn out like their father who left them? Who knows. But it was painful for Jim to hear. It was a little muffled, but Jim had his back against the rooftop so Sarah and Delbert wouldn’t see him.

“I really don’t know how your managing it Sarah… trying to run a business while raising a felon… felon…fellow like Jim.” Delbert automatically fixed his small ‘mistake’ he made. Even though it wasn’t the docs business, he was family sort of. But Delbert was the always type of person who looked out for the family after their father left Sarah and Jim. ‘

 
“Thanks Doc.” Jim mumbled miserably. Delbert didn’t seem too happy with Jim’s choices either. But the boy was struggling to fit in. It was hard for himself. Couldn’t anyone understand him that way? Apparently not. The society Jim lived in was pretty judgmental rather then helpful. At least that’s what Jim thought.
 
“Managing it? I’m at the end of my rope! Ever since his father left Jim just never recovered.” Sarah’s voice echoed from the window. Jim balled up his fists angrily at the mention of his father’s depature. He had enough hearing this conversation. But she was right. Despite Sarah feeling aggravated and stressed due to Jim’s poor choices and recklessness, it was all because his father. If he never left, Jim wouldn’t have been acting so. It was just a hard experience to deal with. "And you know how smart he is…He first built his solo surfer when he was eight! And yet…he's failing in school, he is constantly in trouble…and when I talk to him he's like a stranger to me Delbert! I don't know, I've tried everything!”
         After Jim decided he herd enough, an object began to fall out of the sky. It was a space shuttle, and it seemed like something hit it. Lightning possibly? Was it under attack? Who knows. But Jim didn’t want to hear his mother and Delbert’s conversation about him anymore. He slid off the rooftop quickly, rushing to assist the fellow inside who crash landed onto the docks a few feet away by the Benbow Inn.
         

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment