Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Bribry gets you somewhere

Leon is a college graduate, he is a wealthy man. He owns his own company. Cloud is a high school graduate who attended college for a year than dropped out. He’s looking for a job but hardly qualifies according to the receptionist, enter Leon. Yaoi, f

Chapter 6 - Bribry gets you somewhere

Chapter 6 - Bribry gets you somewhere


Disclaimer: I don't own them!! Now stop making me say it!





--------------)-------)*(-------(--------





They sun was shining brightly through the kitchen window. The water was running slowly, steam softly rose from the kitchen sink. One side of the sink was filled with water, while the other was filled with dishes. Cloud was busy washing them. He brought his hands out from underneath the water. He reached to his right side and grabbed a towel. He dried his hands in them thoroughly, he walked towards the coffee machine.



`November, November….Where's November?' he looked up at the new place Leon kept his special coffee. It was pretty high up. `Dammit' he brought one leg up, putting his knee on top of the counter. He reached forward, `just a little closer' he bit his lip slightly, reaching up and trying to reach it. The counters stuck out pretty far so getting to the top cabinets was pretty hard. Finally he sighed in defeat, bringing his other knee up, reaching in and grabbing the Sunday coffee. He jumped down from the counter. `It's 9:31' he turned his head looking out of the kitchen.



“5, 4, 3, 2…”



The shower began. Cloud smiled to himself, finishing the coffee. `This should butter him up.” He thought waiting for Leon's descend down the stairs.





--------------)-------)*(-------(--------



He stepped out of his bathroom and into his room, running a hand through his now wet hair. He sighed contently, walking over to his closet, grabbing a pair of loose black jogging pants and a tight black tank top. He smelt the aroma of his favorite drink, `Coffee…' he could smell it from a mile away, he began to get excited, then he realized one small detail `…its Cloud's coffee.' He made a disgusted face, knowing how it tasted and what brand it was. `I should have made some'. He started to make his way down the stairs. He walked through the living room, seeing where Cloud was, he lifted an eyebrow `where is he now'. He heard the sound of water running, `The kitchen?' he walked in, seeing Cloud play in the water.



“What are you doing?” He asked confused. Cloud turned his head, smiling at Leon.



“Good morning to you to Leon.”



“Huh? Oh, good morning Cloud…” Cloud smiled even wider, turning back to the dishes. Leon stood there looking at his back with a confused look on his face, “Like I said a second ago, what are you doing?” he repeated, coming behind Cloud, easily looking over his shoulder. Cloud turned his head slightly, looking up towards Leon.



“What do you mean what am I doing?” he asked confused.



“…”



“I'm washing dishes…”



“Why?” Cloud began to laugh. Leon glared, he hated when people laughed at him, it just wasn't right.



“What do you mean why? Umm maybe it's because there dirty?” he laughed again.



“There's a dishwasher…”



“I know, but why waste water and energy, when you can do it yourself.”



“That's why I got a dishwasher.”



“It's like my mom says, I'm the personal dishwasher. So don't worry about it.” He paused going back to his pervious activities, “besides I like washing dishes.” At that Leon smiled. They stood in silence for a second, Cloud turned his head looking over toward Leon, who was now leaning against the counter with his arms crossed over his chest, looking at nothing in particular.



“You wanna help me?” He asked. Leon looked towards him, he raised an eyebrow.



“How?”



“You dry them and put them up, I'll wash.” The blonde stated. Leon unwrapped his arms and walked over by Cloud, the blonde gave him a towel and Leon began to dry and put away things.





--------------)-------)*(-------(--------



“All done” Cloud stated while smiling. Leon groaned softly.



“I've been up for about 16 minutes and haven't had any coffee…”



“Oh yeah!” Cloud went over towards the coffee machine, grabbing a cup out of the cabinet. He grabbed the pot and slowly poured some coffee in a cup. Leon looked at the coffee then at Cloud, reminding himself that it wasn't his coffee. Cloud came back too him smiling.



“Here Leon!” he held the cup out towards him.



“No thank you…” Cloud pouted softly.



“Why not?”



“Because I don't drink generic coffee.” He plainly stated. Cloud put his free hand on his hip.



“Hey! My brand of coffee is just fine. Just because it isn't from some foreign land, doesn't mean it's bad.”



“You also put a lot of cream and sugar in it” Cloud stood there aghast. He gritted his teeth and spoke.



“This is your brand of coffee, I made it for you.” `Try and be nice to him, he gets a bit tougher everyday I see him'. Leon eyed the cup of joe. He then looked at Cloud, he felt a pang in his heart, he reached out and grabbed the cup softly.



“I'm sorry about that, thank you for the coffee Cloud.” he gave Cloud a small smile. Cloud smiled back.



“s'okay.” Leon drank it, he pulled it back surprised.



“This really is my coffee.” Cloud sighed, his arms slumping in front of him.



“That's what I said!” Leon took another sip and smiled. He walked out the kitchen and towards his front door. “If you're going for your paper, I already got it for you.” Cloud said, looking out from the kitchen. Leon raised an eyebrow, `he's being awfully attentive today.'



“Where'd you put it?”



“On the coffee table in living room” Leon walked over to the location.



He sat down, `shoot, I forgot my'



“Here are your glasses.” Cloud said from behind him. Leon looked back, a little surprised. He took them from him.



“Thank you…” he said suspiciously. He then put his reading glasses on, looking at the paper and began to read.



“…” He felt a dip in the couch. He looked over at Cloud, who was smiling at him. He raised an eyebrow, slowly going back to his paper.



“…” Leon sighed, slapping his paper forward, trying to straighten out the creases. Cloud was still staring.



“…” He tried to concentrate, but his eyes kept looking over towards Cloud. He crossed his legs and kept trying to read. `God damn mother fu-`



“Leon?” Cloud said in a wispy voice. Leon felt a shiver run down his spine. He looked over towards Cloud, his eyes were so soft looking, they seemed to be bigger than when he last saw them, looking as if he was about to cry.



“Yes?”



“Can…I, Can we…”



“Can we what?” Cloud looked down at his hands. Then back up into Leon's eyes.



“Go…food shopping?” Leon's eyes fell from his concerned face to his, are-you-kidding face. He groaned in frustration. He looked back at his paper, ignoring Cloud.



“Aww come on! Please?”



“Why when we have food here.”



“Because I don't want to eat that food.”



“You've been here for about two weeks and you now decide that you don't like my food?”



“…” Leon looked over toward Cloud, he smirked and went back to his paper. Cloud crossed his arms over his chest.



“Fine.” He mumbled under his breath. They sat in silence for a couple of minutes. Cloud kept switching his position. He really wanted to go shopping. He scooted closer to Leon, wrapping his arm around Leon's and putting his head on his shoulder.



“I thought we were friends.” He said softly. Leon looked down at him.



“We are.”



“But you won't take me shopping?” Leon rolled his eyes.



“That's not what friendship is all about.”



“How so?” Cloud asked looking up at him.



“Friendship is more than playing and shopping. It's also about being there for each other and making each other happy.”



“…” Cloud sat in there for a while, as if in deep thought.



“Well, you not taking me shopping, is making me unhappy, and that means you're not being there for me.” Leon pinched the bridge of his nose.



“Fine Cloud, get you shoes on and your coat, we'll go shopping.”



“Yay!” Cloud shot up, running towards the closet at the front door, putting his shoes and coat on. Leon walked over, putting his leather jacket on and his boots.





--------------)-------)*(-------(--------





They started driving, “Where do you want to go?”



Cloud from the window to Leon



“The whole foods store, farming store, pedigree farm?”



“Ew, no. Ummm, I want to go to Wal-mart.”



“Wal-mart?”



“Yes, Wal-mart.” He sighed.



“If you say so.” He drove in the direction of Wal-mart. They had been sitting in the car peacefully, whilst listening to music. Cloud reached forward, and turned it down.



“Hey Leon?”



“Yeah”



“You know your friend Reno, he said some strange things.” Cloud started to fiddle with his hair. Leon smiled softly.



“Yeah, I know” he chuckled slightly. He turned the corner, leading into the store. Looking left and right for a parking space.



“Yeah, I asked him if his hair color was real, he said ask you.”



“It is” There was a moment of silence, the Cloud's nose wrinkled slightly.



“After that he said that his rugs matched his curtains.”



SCREECH!



Leon looked over at Cloud, mouth agape and eyes wide.



“Hey! Don't hit the brake so hard Leon, that really…” he was cut off, looking at Leon, he raised an eyebrow. “What?”



“He said that to you!” his voice was raised.



“Yeah” Cloud paused, tilting his head slightly. “I don't know why he would talk about curtains and rugs when I asked him about his hair… Strange.” He shook his head. Leon looked at him in disbelief. Cloud could feel Leon looking at him, he turned his head looking to his side. “What!” Leon closed his mouth, took his foot off the break, and continued driving.



“Nothing” was all he said, shaking his head. `frackin' Reno'. Cloud pouted but dropped the subject.



“Fine, don't tell me” he crossed his arms over his chest and scowled. The car came to a stop. Cloud's head popped up. “We're here?” Leon switched gears, turned the keys, pulled them out, and unlocked the door.



“Yeah, we are.” He got out, standing by the side of the car. Cloud's face brightened up, he got out of the car. He looked around, running around the back of the car to Leon's side. Leon watched him from the corner of his eyes putting his hands into his pockets, Cloud smiled up at him, interlacing his arm with Leon's.



“Come on Leon! Let's go!” He pulled and half dragged Leon into the store.



Boop



“Welcome to Wal-mart” said a lady in a blue vest. She smiled at them and waved. Cloud smiled at her thanking her, Leon looked at her nonchalantly, grunting his response. Cloud was still by his side, with his arm around Leon's, looking around.



“Go get a cart Cloud.” Leon said, nodding in the direction of said carts.



“All right” Cloud dashed off towards the carts. Leon looked around, `Sale items?' He walked over towards the rack full of things on sale. Varying from tooth paste, dolls, to sweets and goodies. He crinkled his nose in disgust. `This store is full of junk food'. Cloud came to his side with the cart. “This Wal-mart is huge!”



“That's because it's a Big Wal-mart”



“Oh” Cloud yanked on Leon's sleeve. “Let's go!”





--------------)-------)*(-------(--------





What will Cloud buy!!! (Gasp) I don't know! I again apologize about the updating. I just can't stay up all night. Hope you don't think it's going to slow. I mean, I like how they are now and how they are starting to get to know one another. I don't think I should rush it, and I am SOOO anticipating when they confess there love. If they do. (Smiles slyly) Hope you are to!! Anyway hope you like the chapter!

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment