Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Can we keep him?

Two episodes for Brandy and Mr. Whiskers. Both don't really go together, but I did this in the show style, of having two stories each episode.
1 has some romance 2 has some violence

Chapter 2 - Can we keep him?

Chapter 2 - Can we keep him?
This story is Copyright 2005 Sura Tokaniku. This story may not be sold or used for commercial profit in any form or fashion. This story may not be modified in any way. This story may not be posted on a mirror site or any other Internet site without the written permission of the author. This story may not be distributed on print, magnetic, electrical or optical mediums.
Characters Brandy, Whiskers, Lola Boa, Cheryl and Meryl are property of Disney, and respective owners. Joe is property of Sura Tokaniku.Brandy & Mr. WhiskersCan we keep him?A peaceful afternoon in the jungle, till the echoing yelling of "Whiskers" ripped through he jungle.
The shout traced back to the home of Brandy and Whiskers, and shortly after. The White bunny was flying out of the house, and falling toward the ground.
"Go pester some where else" Brandy shouted down at him, fully annoyed with something Whiskers did.
Picking himself up off the ground, and dusting off, Whiskers headed off into the jungle.
On his way, he heard an odd sound. Looking around, he slowed toward it.
Peering through leaves of a bush, he found a large orange furred cat. Wearing a pair of torn off jean shorts, and a red over shirt, laying on the ground.
He walked up slowly, and poked him. "Hello?" He spoke softly, not wanting to startle him. Much less, startle something that could eat him.
The cat shifted, but didn't move much.
"Hey, you ok?" He asked, kneeling down.
"Food" He said, in a horsed dried voice.
"Most call me Whiskers" He joked, but then looked around. "Not sure what is around, other then me" He laughed again, more nervously.
"Anything" HE spoke again, almost weaker.
Whiskers dashed off, and came back with a gathering of fruits. Hoping his hunger wouldn't turn on the bunny.
Turning him over, Whiskers helped him sit up, by letting him rest to him. Giving him some of the food.
After a few bites, the cat seemed better off, able to sit up on his own. "Thanks," He said, voice less dry and clearer. "Names Joe"
"I'm Whiskers, as I said"
"I like the sound of Food better" Whiskers paused, and a long sigh lance passed between them, till Joe started to laugh. "Only kidding"
Laughing back half heartily, Whiskers stood up. "So where did you come from? Don't seem like you’re from around here"
The cat stood with the bunny, and yawned. "Well," His story started. "I was a mouser, use to get all the mice around the harbor I lived at. Then one little mouse out smarted me. As much as I hate to admit" He looked off to the distance. "I was fooled onto a ship, and it left port before I could get off. On the way to where ever, I got tossed off. Lucky a suit case fell to, and I floated to this island" He pulled at the shirt, and looked to Whiskers. "More luckily, the cloths inside were still dry. So I used some to dry myself off, then put these on. Hoping maybe this was a inhabited island, but I guess luck didn't stay with me long"
"There are others here" Whiskers said. "A lot of them, you didn't see any of the other animals?"
"No" He looked around. "From the shore, to here. I didn't see a sole"
Whiskers thought, and then it hit him. "Most be cause you look like some of the jungle cats here, and a lot of the animals are hunted by them"
"Makes sense, other then mice. I don't have much taste for meat, didn't eat many mice. I just got rid of them from the port"
"Come meet my friend Brandy" The bunny said randomly, arcing his arm in a "this way" gesture.
He blinked, and shrugged at Whisker. "Ok"
The two headed back to the Tree house, and some of the animals came out of hiding.
*
-Joe: "Why did it get all dark?"
-Whiskers: "Must be a scene transition"
*
"That rabbit, always messing up this place" Brandy said, as she cleaned up the remaining mess. "Get him to do it, if he knew what 'clean' was"
Lola boa stayed coiled on the bottom part of the bikini bunk bed. "I'd help ju, but I don't have arms" She said, with her heavy accent.
"It's ok, kinda gives me something to do. Kinda gets dull around here, be the point in a show were something major happens"
Like a worn plot line, Whiskers came through the door, fallowed by Joe. "Brandy look what I found" He said.
"This isn't going to be like that Jaguar you brought in here, that nearly ate us, is it?" She said, folding her arms glancing over at them.
"Na, we usually don't have the same plot twice" He said, before introducing the cat. "This is Joe, he's another one who got stranded here"
This perked Brandy's interest. "Really?" She walked over, and looked him over. "I'm Brandy Harrington, of the Florida Harringtons" She said, with her accustomed pride.
"Uh," He started, little unsure of the point of saying all that. "Joe, of the Newport... cats" He laughed nervously. "So you guys are marooned here too?"
"'Kept Me" Lola said. "I've lived here all my life" She moved toward him. "Ju are good look'n"
The Cat smiled nervously, and rubbed the back of his head. "Thanks"
"So how did you get here?" Brandy asked. "Any chance you can get back, and take us?"
"Well, unless you want to try weathering the sea in a suit case, I'd say no" After that, he filled in the other two on his being there.
"Just hope, ju don't take all my food" Lola said, coiled onto he floor around the leaf chair he sat in, Whiskers next him, and Brandy still standing.
"Oh don't worry, I only did it as a job. I don't care for meat much"
"So Brandy, think he can stay here with us?" Whiskers asked.
"Not a lot of room in here, remember how crowed it was all those other times you tried getting a new roommate?" She answered.
Whiskers thought back, flashing through images of the Manatee, and Gorilla, and Elephant. "What ever happened to him?" He wondered.
"But where can he stay?" Whiskers whined.
"I don't know" Brandy snapped back.
"Ah, sorry for the intrusion" The slow, and well-thought voice spoke. "Normally I'm not one for the 'ease dropping' but couldn't help but here this man here needs a place of residents" The Otter walked in, moving up to the group.
"Hey Ed" Whiskers greeted.
"Hello Mr. Whiskers, Miss Brandy, Lola," He paused, as he came up to Joe's name, the cat filling it in for him. "Mr. Joe. I know I never brought it up before, but I have been entertaining the thought of having a roommate. Mr. Joe is welcome to stay with me, if he so chooses to take up my offer"
"I," He started, thinking it over. "Don't want to be any bother to any one"
"Can you teach that to Whiskers" Brandy muttered.
"It is quite alright, I have plenty of room in my cave" Ed said, holding up his paw. To hold back any thought of it being a burden on him.
"Well, if you’re sure. I guess that will work"
***
Joe fallowed Ed off to the cave, and shortly after Lola headed off.
Whiskers head off, to see how things were going for Joe and Ed.
"Hello?" His voice bounced around on the walls. Looking around, he played with the echo. "Hello, is there any body in there? Is there any one home? Come on now" The Echo repeated back every word, and he giggled.
"Hello Whiskers, having fun with my echo I see" Ed said behind him, nearly making the bunny jump from suit and fur.
"Your sneaky, you know that?" He said, calming down.
"I am sorry, I have been known to be a very slippery otter,” He said back. "What do I owe this visit?"
"Just checking to see how you and Joe are doing, seeing if your throwing any wild parties with out me"
"Nope, I would never keep such an advent for you. You are the very sense of the word 'party animal' be shameful not to have you along" He headed into the cave, with Whiskers fallowing.
"Mr. Joe has headed out to meet some of the local, get on a friendly basis with his new neighbors. That type of thing, and all"
"Sure hope he doesn’t scare any one" Whiskers looked out the entrance, and wondered. "He is a cat"
Ed thought it over, and then spoke. "I wouldn't worry too much Mr. Whiskers, we met with a few of the jungle dwellers on the way here. I am sure, that he is doing fine"
***
Near the watering hole, Joe walked up. The group there paused, taking in the sight of the stranger.
"Who is that?" one whispers to another.
"Looks like he's with that dog and rabbit" another muttered.
Joe looked around nervously, as all eyes were on him. "Hey, every one" He got out.
Cheryl and Maryl flew up to him, meeting him earlier. "Hi again Joe" Cheryl said.
"Don't worry guy, he's fine" Maryl said to the rest.
"'Cues me, but I was talking. I was about to say that" Cheryl said, turning to her sister.
"You wasn't so slow, you might have" Maryl countered.
"Oh no you didn't"
"I did, what are you gonna do about it?"
Joe watched back and forth, as the two fought. "I don't want to interrupt you guys, I’ll just head over there"
"Oh don't worry, she's the one in charge of interrupt'n people" Cheryl said.
"Only the people, who should be interrupted" Maryl said back.
"Oh, too bad you can't interrupt your self then" Again the two started shout back and forth, and Joe just slipped past.
"Hey there" A sly sounding voiced called him.
Joe looked over, and saw a spotted cat near the bushes. "Hi, nice to meet another cat"
"Yeah, say. Word is, you know that dog and rabbit. They says you're pals" The other cat said.
"I guess you can say that" Joe said, not sure where this was going.
"A few of my pals, want to have a get together with them. Problem is, we're sorta seen as the bad guys. Being the higher ones higher on the food chain"
"Sorry to hear, what can I do?" Joe asked, willing to help and make friends.
"Glade you asked, all we need is you to bring em to the jungle. Don't tell em though, just say somethin' like 'You was wonderin' about this thing out there' or somethin'. Cause they know you want to help them meet us, than they wouldn't come. Seeing hows we're the 'bad guys'"
"Well," He thought about it. "I guess I could"
"Good lad, down that way. We'll be waitin' for ya"
"Ok, I'll go get them"
With that, Joe headed off to the tree house.
***
"Why are we both out here?" Brandy asked, fallowing the cat to the area he was told to go.
"I just figured, be nicer to get to know each other out here. So if any one passed by, you could help me get to know them too" Joe said, as they neared the spot.
"We could have done that at the water hole" She said finally, as they stopped.
"This looks good" He said, smiling. Knowing that his newest friends would be here soon.
"Yeah" a voice called out, sounding scruffier then the other cat from earlier. "Good enough to eat" A larger spotted cat stepped into the clearing, fallowed by a group of them.
"What is going on?" Brandy asked, in a near panic. "Joe, what is this?"
"Joe here, helped us lore youse guy in" The Cat from earlier said, moving in.
"He said he wanted to get together with you two, but cause of their reputations. Knew you wouldn't come" He said, still not knowing what was happening.
"Yeah, cause they want to eat us" Brandy said, Whiskers hide behind her. "Real brave their"
Joe looked around, seeing the hunger in the other cat's eyes. "Wait, that’s not what you said"
"Oops, guess I lied" The boss like cat laughed, and the group tightened around them.
"I won't let you hurt them" Joe said, taking up a sterner tone then his normal soft one.
"You haven't a choice, case you hadn't noticed. We out number you, three to one" Another cat said.
"Then, I'll have to stop you all" He took off the shirt, and stood before the leader and one he first met. Sizing him up, then trying to make him-self seem larger.
He just laughed, and pointed out him. Two of the other cats leapt at him, and in a flash, they were behind him. A skid in the ground, where they slid, Joe didn't seem to have moved, and this irked the boss cat. Hinting for another pair to jump him from behind, but they landed on their backs at the boss cat's feet.
Brandy and Whiskers watched, as Joe sent every cat that came at him, flying.
The Big cat, and the boss were all that were left. The Big one came at him, and met with the same fait. Slamming spine-word into a tree, and falling weak.
The Boss clenched his fists, if it hadn't been for the fur, they would have been white knuckled, they were so tightly balled.
He tried throwing a punch, but an upper cut slammed his chin. Sending him stumbling back, and before he could react. The wind escaped him, as he bent over at the fist in his gut made the crease.
Falling to his knees, he grabbed his stomach. Folding his arms there, trying to catch his breath.
"I'd leave" Joe said, glaring down at the spotted cat. Who looked up into the blazing irises.
Limply, he staggered up, and with a flick of his head. He wobbled off, with his band fallowing.
Joe relaxed, and sighed. Grabbing his shirt, not turning to face the other two.
"Wow Joe, you were amazing" Brandy said, walking up to him.
"Yeah. Wham, boom bam. They never stood a chance,” Whiskers said. "Not agence the mighty, Joe" His voice took on the guise of a TV Announcer.
"Wouldn't have to, if I didn't bring you two here" He put the shirt back on, and walked off.
"But Joe, where are you going?" Brandy asked, with deep concern.
"Some where, so you won't be in trouble cause of me" He said, still walking off.
"Don't worry, I get us in trouble all the time, and it works out in the end. And Brandy never gets rid of me" Whiskers said, trying to sound cheery.
"Only cause I can't get rid of you" she muttered. "You don't have to leave, just a mistake"
"He stopped, and looked back. With a smile not reaching his eyes. "Thanks, but I think it's best for now. I'll be back again, before you know it" He turned again. "Tell Ed; 'Sorry I won't be around for awhile, and not to wait for me'"
With that, he walked off. Disappearing into the jungle, Brandy and Whiskers watching. Hoping they would see him again.

-The End-

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment