Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Creature Islands

There are very few kids in the world that are able to see or hear the creatures that live in The Creature Islands. They are also the only ones who can go to The Creature Islands. But, after so many years, there is a reason they need to be there. Recent

Chapter 2 - The Creature Islands

Chapter 2 - The Creature Islands






Chapter Two





The Creature Islands





After about five minutes, Shimaki had suddenly stopped. Joe flew off of him and landed on something that made a small groan when he landed. When he turned around, he realized it was a girl who seemed about his age. She had astonishing green eyes and light brown hair that reached the middle of her back. It was wavy and it perfectly outlined her face.





I am terribly sorry! Joe blushed. He held out his hand.





Dont worry about it, the girl said. She took his hand and pulled herself up. My name is Amy.





Im Joe. I am really sorry! I had flown off my creature. He was going so fast and suddenly stoppedJoe said.





Dont worry. Calm yourself down, Amy said. Is that your creature over there? She pointed to Shimaki.





Yeah. His names Shimaki.





Mine is right behind me. Her name is Sakra.





Joe looked past Amy and saw a cat-like creature that looked a little identical to Shimaki.





It is very nice to meat you, Joe, Sakra said.





Joe nodded in agreement.





And it is very nice to meat you, Shimaki said, Princess Amelia Mnair.





Princess?! Joe was very surprised.





Please dont bow, the princess said. I hate to be known as a princess. Just call me Amy. Just Amy.





Why, Joe asked.





I. . . I dont want to talk about it right now.





Joe let the subject go, even though he was very curious why she didnt want to be known as a princess.





Would it be okay if I called you Miss, Shimaki asked.





Thats fine, just as long as it is nothing near the word princess.





So, Joe said, could you explain why we are here now?





Dont be so hasty, Sakra said. There are two others coming.





Joe sat down on a rock that was close by, and right after he did, he saw too figures. One in the sky and one coming out from the darkness of the trees in front of him. The one in the sky was carrying a small girl on its back and the other one had a boy that looked a little older than himself.





As soon as each of the creatures had entered the small clearing, Joe saw what the creatures were. The one who flew in the sky was a griffin and the other one was a reptile-like creature.





What are we doing in a place like this, the boy asked his creature. He saw the other six but did not acknowledge their existence.





Everything will be explained, Tom, the reptile-like creature said.





Once the eight of them were all sitting down, the introductions started. As each name and age was said, the person or creature was pointed to. Tom was fourteen years old. The girl was seven years old and was named Kristie. Her creature was named Konso.





Then, the actual explaining started.





As most of us know, Sakra began, you four are here for a certain reason that endangers everybody in this world. The story starts with a friend of ours named Takuta.





He and myself were working in our lab, just figuring out what a mysterious chemical was. We had found this chemical in the ground of an island that was uninhabited and unnamed in this rather large set of islands. This chemical was very dangerous. It had contained the influence of someone evil who had been defeated before by five kids just like yourselves.





We had created an antidote for it in case it had inhabited a body somehow. But we didnt know that day would come so soon.





There was an accident involving chemicals. Takuta was having one of his clumsy moments and knocked over the chemical. Unfortunately the chemical had touched him and had inhabited his body. He had obviously taken the antidote with him so it would be much harder to cure him. Now he is the threat to everybody.





If he is your friend, Kristie said, then wouldnt you want to help him?





We are helping him, Konso said. We are going to get to the antidote and make him take it so he will turn back to normal. Since he is our friend, we dont want to absolutely kill him, but only hurt him as much as we need to. We know there is still the kind Takuta inside of him and that is what we are planning on getting to come out.





What if he destroyed the antidote, Tom said.





Your much smarter than that, Pensa said. Sakra can make a new one. She is the one who found out how to make it, so she can make more if she has to.





I just want to get out of here, Tom said.





We are sorry to drag all of you in this, Shimaki said, but we cannot do this without human help.





Hold on, Joe said. You said that before five kids had to come here, right? Well, if so, then shouldnt there be five of us here now?





You are absolutely right, Pensa said. There is a fifth child, but she is too young. We wouldve called you down here before, but we wanted at least four of the five to come. And Kristie has just recently become the age that we believe is the youngest that should be allowed here. Joe, you should know who the last one is.





Joe thought for a little bit then remembered how Sarah had tried to calm Shimaki down earlier that day. Sarah?





Correct, Shimaki said.





Who is Sarah, Amy asked.





She is my six-year-old sister, Joe said. He had become sad because, even though he wasnt abandoning Sarah, it sure felt like it.





Sorry if this is inconvenient for you, but please help, Konso said.





Ill help, but right after we are done in this dump, I am going straight home, Tom said.





That will not be any time soon, Konso said.





Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

dyametricdreams on June 22, 2006, 4:13:25 AM

dyametricdreams on
dyametricdreamswow another awesome chapter! keep it up i really like this story! cant wait till u get the next chap. up ^-^

Crystalmoon1 on June 22, 2006, 12:43:30 AM

Crystalmoon1 on
Crystalmoon1Wow! Leaving me in suspense...I got used to seeing the blocks instead of punctuation!! Great story, can't wait for more!