Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Creature Files: Haru the Loser

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 1 - Creature Files: Haru the Loser

Chapter 1 - Creature Files: Haru the Loser
Haru trained on his own, trying to ignore and avoid everyone else. That was very hard, considering the place he lived in was one of the most populated in all of the islands. No matter how hard he tried, he couldn’t avoid anyone, but it was still worth trying.

“Look at the loser,” whispered someone. “He looks so ridiculous. He’s never going to be able to be as good as everyone else.” They laughed.

Haru tried to ignore them. So what if he couldn’t learn as easily as everyone else? That didn’t mean that if he trained hard enough he wouldn’t become just like all the others. But, Haru was sick and tired of everyone else making fun of him. They don’t know anything; they shouldn’t say anything. They got on his nerves too much. He was about to explode.

No matter how much he tried to ignore all of everyone’s comments, he just seemed to absorb them like a sponge. It seemed impossible to ignore them, no matter how many times he was told to. None of any adults’ tips worked to help him. He really wished that this wasn’t true.

Still, Haru kept on training. Watch me, he thought. I’ll be better than you in a few years. He kicked the tree he was using to practice with so hard that he made a big indent in it. I’m already getting better than you.

“Haru!” someone said, seeming happy to see him.

Haru turned around and saw his friend, Evena, running towards him. “Hi!” he said.

Evena hugged Haru. “I’m so happy to be back here! It was fun going from island to island, but I missed home so much! And I was hoping you would be okay with being on your own.”

“They got on my nerves a lot, but I’m fine,” Haru said.

“Come on, stop training and get something to eat with me. I’m starving.”

“Okay,” Haru said.

When they were eating, Evena seemed to be very quiet.

“What’s wrong, Evena?” Haru said.

“Nothing’s wrong. Everything’s perfectly fine. “It’s just…”

“What? You can tell me?”

“I’m just really worried about you. You’ve been getting made fun of ever since either of us can remember. And, you’ve never taken it very well. I often worry about you because the way you react to what they do to you sometimes makes you seem you are going to completely give up on everything. And I don’t want you to do that. You’re my best friend and… It’s just hard seeing you get hurt like that all the time.

Haru smiled. “Don’t worry, Evena. I’ll be fine. You don’t need to worry about me.”

“You’ve always said that. I know you don’t like people worrying about you, but you need to be worried about. I don’t need to worry about myself because I take all of that stuff just fine. But you don’t, so of course I worry about you. I can’t stand seeing you sad; it tears me up inside to see you like that…”

“Alright, you win. You have the right to worry about me. But don’t go neglecting yourself over it. Just don’t get as sad as I do just because that’s how I am, okay? It’s better if you just go on living your life as happily as you possibly can, just as I am trying to do. I’m not weak and I can take care of myself. You don’t need to worry, but if you have to, please worry as least as you can.”

“Okay…” Evena wanted to try to help Haru, but she had absolutely no idea how to. How do you help someone to become more confident and not be bothered by teasing? Haru has been told tons of advice for the situation, and he’s tried all of it, yet, none of it has helped. So, what can she do? She didn’t know, but she promised herself that she would try her best to figure something out.

Comments

Comments (3)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment