Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Creature Files: The Trouble Starts

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 3 - Creature Files: The Trouble Starts

Chapter 3 - Creature Files: The Trouble Starts
After a lot of thought, Evena finally thought of something to help Haru. It was a very good way to help him and it wouldn’t bother Evena, either.

“You should probably just give up, Evena,” Haru said. “It’s not worth it to make them stop making fun of me if they are making fun of you, now.”

“Don’t worry, Haru. I’m fine,” Evena said. “I could care less what they say about me. As long as they stop making fun of you, then I’m happy.”

“You are so sweet, Evena…” Haru said. “I don’t know what I would do without you.” He hugged her.

Evena hugged him back. “You know, I’ve been thinking a lot about what might be causing them to make fun of you. I think I know why. You’re a shape-shifter. I’m a shape-shifter too, but you don’t see many of us around. They used to make fun of me for it, but they saw none of it bothered me so they stopped. But I think they see the pain they cause you and keep making fun of you because they enjoy seeing you in pain. I don’t know what they have against shape-shifters, I just know whatever it is, it is very stupid.”

“It still doesn’t help…” Haru said.

“I know. I’m trying to get them to stop.”


Later, Haru was training by himself when he thought he had heard someone close by. He stopped and listened carefully to see if he could find out who was there. He sat down at a tree and closed his eyes. After a few seconds, he realized who it was.

“Quit messing around, Namini,” Haru said. “I’m trying to train.”

Haru’s little sister came out from behind a bush she was hiding behind. “Oh, come on. Why can’t I watch you train?”

“Because I’m not exactly the best and I could accidentally lose control and hit you. Now go back inside and play.”

“But I need to tell you something,” Namini said, anxiously.

“What is it?” Haru was annoyed.

“It’s something about Evena.”

Haru got interested and worried. He stood up and looked at his sister. “What about her?”

“I heard some of the people in your class say that they were going to beat her up today…”

“What?! Who said that?”

“Umm… It was a lizard-looking creature and a bird-like creature… Both boys.”

“You should have told me this sooner!”

“Sorry… I tried telling you but you weren’t paying attention to me.”

Haru rushed to try to get to Evena’s house as quickly as he could, hoping she was there and was okay.

But when he got there, he wasn’t very pleased with what he saw. Evena was all beaten up, and he saw none other than the two his little sister described: Furan and Saku.

Saku, the bird-like creature, chuckled. “About time you got here. You happy with our artwork?”

Haru was disgusted. “You two are horrible.”

Furan laughed. “Why? Because we beat up the only person in all the islands who gives a damn about you?”

Haru got angry. “Why did you do that?”

They just smiled and laughed their heads off and the next thing Haru remembers is that attacks were being thrown left and right.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment