Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Creature Files: Evena's Heartbreak

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 7 - Creature Files: Evena's Heartbreak

Chapter 7 - Creature Files: Evena's Heartbreak
Furan and Saku looked at Haru in a way no one else looked at him before; they were very scared.

Haru took a lot of pleasure out of this. He didn't know why he felt so powerful, or why he had felt stronger at all. But even without knowing it, Haru had been starting to throw blows left and right at the two, until the both of them ran off.

Haru calmed down, feeling like he was normal again, and he immediately hurried to Evena to pick her up and take her to the medical center again.

The same thing that happened last time happened this time as well, except that Haru didn't have a single scratch on him.

When Evena woke up, which took much longer than it did last time, she had a very hard time keeping her eyes open. She was much more damaged than last time. Haru was scared she wouldn't be okay.

Evena was shocked to see Haru hadn't had a single scratch on him. “Did you even fight them? Or did you just grab me and take me here?” she asked.

“Of course I fought them,” Haru answered. “It was the strangest thing. I felt like I was so powerful that I could do anything, no matter what it was. It felt really good.”

“At least you're okay,” Evena said.



It took a few days for Evena to be allowed to go home. By this time, Haru was furious that they had caused so much damage to her and wanted revenge on them for her.

It hadn't taken him long to find Furan and Saku, and when he found them, he didn't let his presence be known. He snuck up on them again, this time causing some real damage to Saku, grabbing him by the throat.

Furan was in shock when he saw Haru there. They both knew he would be furious, but they never thought he would be the type to want revenge.
It didn't take very long at all for a fight to begin. Although, it didn't seem very much like a fight, Haru being the only one hurting anyone.

Haru felt just like he had a few days previous, when he last fought them. He felt powerful and unstoppable.

It didn't take long for Haru to completely lose control; he wouldn't stop.

Even after Haru had defeated Furan and Saku, he still couldn't gain control back. Maybe somewhere inside he was trying to gain control, but he just couldn't take control of his body back. It was like something else was controlling it.

It didn't take long for everyone to get word around the island about Haru. Once the news reached Evena, she was terrified. It looks like she was right from the beginning to be scared about Haru maybe wanting to take revenge on Furan and Saku for what they did.

She only wished there was a way to stop it...

When Haru's mother found out about her son, she immediately went to Evena's house. She had to talk to her. There was no other choice; she had to resort to that...


Evena wasn't quite sure why it was so urgent to Haru's mother that they talked. But she was soon to find out why.

“I've always been scared something like this would happen,” Haru's mother said. “So I had talked to a magic-gifted creature and they told me the solution if this ever happened.

“I was told that the one person who would be able to even remotely calm him down would be the one closest to him. That would be you. Although, just you trying to calm him down wouldn't be enough... He would start back up after a little bit and you would only be able to calm him for a little bit at a time.

“But no one except for you will be able to get close enough to him without being killed. Not even his own mother.”

“What do you want me to do?” Evena asked, scared about what the answer would be.

“I am so very sorry to ask this of you, but it's the only way to stop him... Part of him has taken him over, and it's not his fault. This part of him resides in his soul, and the only way to get him to stop is to extract his soul, and implant it deep into the ground in the very center of the island so that it cannot affect anyone else. If it gets loose, anyone can become what Haru has. You are able to use magic, correct?”

“Yes, I am,” Pensa said. “But, if I did that, wouldn't he...”

“I'm very sorry to ask you to do this, but if you don't he could completely wipe every one of us off of the face of this planet.”

Evena was scared. Haru was her best friend. But if he was going to be the extinction of the creatures and she was the only one able to do anything about it, what else could she do?

She started to cry. She knew she had to, and she promised herself she would use all of her will power to force herself to do it, but she had no clue what would happen to her afterwards. After all, she would be losing her best friend, and basically her only friend.

After learning what she needed to, Evena set out to the location where Haru was last seen. It took a little bit to find him, but luckily she could use the sky to her advantage with her shape-shifting.

Once she found him, she immediately stopped and braced herself for what she knew was about to happen.

When Haru saw her, he calmed down immediately. He almost seemed like he was back to normal. He looked so happy to see her, but all she could do was look at him with a very sad look on her face.

She hesitated only a little bit, then immediately started to chant the spell to extract his soul out of him. She wished that the routine didn't require her to keep eye contact with him. She felt like she could break down and cry at any moment, but she resisted the temptation.

The whole process took about 2 minutes, and as he took his last look at her for the few seconds he was normal before he died from the spell, he said “Thank you, Evena. This is the best thing you've ever done for me.”

After she finished the job, she could do nothing but cry.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment