Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Creature Files: Sakra the Scientist

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 11 - Creature Files: Sakra the Scientist

Chapter 11 - Creature Files: Sakra the Scientist
“There seems to be nothing here,” Sakra said, confused. But, if there is nothing, then how is it there is this... strange feeling? There has to be a reason.”

Let's do the most logical thing,” Takuta said. Let's try going to the center of where this force seems to be coming from. There will most likely be something there.”

“You call that logical?” Sakra said. “Whatever this is, I doubt it will be something good.”

“You read too many stories,” Takuta said, as he started to walk.

“Its just always helpful to be cautious,” Sakra said, following him.

The island wasn't too big, and it didn't take long for them to get to the center, exactly where the weird “force” seemed to be coming from.

“I told you this wasn't a smart idea,” Sakra said.

“You're just mad because I had to save your life every time something dangerous happened,” Takuta said.

“You almost died, too!” Sakra said. “I really think this is something scientists shouldn't deal with. Whatever it is, it really does not like us. And this thing is strong. I am having a hard time just to stay conscious right now.”

“If you can't handle it, you can go further out until it no longer bothers you. As for me, I am perfectly fine. I am going to find out what this is.”

“I'm sorry. I just really can't handle it's power.”

“Its understandable. Don't worry. I can do this by myself.”

Sakra felt guilty about not being able to help Takuta, but there was really nothing she could do about it. But her guilt didn't last long because it didn't take very long for Takuta to finish what he was doing.

“I'm not sure what this is, but whatever it is, it really wanted out. It was hidden in the ground and appears to have been really deep in the ground in the past, but has been inching further to the surface. I put it in this container that will keep the majority of it's force inside, so you can help me. After all, you are better at the 'gathering unknown data' part of the job than me.”

Sakra started to examine it as soon as they got back to their island.

“By the looks of this,” Sakra said, “it appears to be a form of spirit. The 'force' seems to have been created from intense emotional drama from whatever it had inhabited. It looks like it has enough power to destroy an entire island within just a few days. It must have driven the whole island away out of fear.”

“You can tell all that just from looking at it?” Takuta said, surprised. “That's amazing!”

“I was trained to know how to examine spirits. Out of the few creatures, like you and me, who are able to see spirits, not even half of us are taught how to read what they are, their intentions, abilities, and other things that can be very important to science and the survival of our species,” Sakra said.

“Wow,” Takuta was in even more shock now. “What else can you find out?”

“Give me a few minutes and I will let you know.”

Sakra closed her eyes and focused on the spirit for a while. After a few minutes, she opened her eyes and explained a story about two shape-shifters and how the boy had gotten enraged when the girl was getting hurt for defending him.

Although, there was much more detail. The story was pretty saddening.

Takuta picked up the container with the spirit in it and stared into it, straight into the center. He could kind of see the face of a creature, although he couldn't really make out what it looked like. He seemed to fall into a type of trance.

He couldn't think very well at the moment, and when Sakra said his name, he dropped the container. The next thing he knew, he wasn't himself.



Shimaki was surprised when Sakra came home earlier than normal. Once she walked in the door and saw him, she rushed over to him and pulled him into the basement, where no one would be able to eavesdrop on them. Even though she had to tell him something crucial for all of the Creature Islands to know, she didn't want to announce it to anyone yet. Pensa and Konso should be some of the first to know. She will have to tell them next.

“There is something extremely wrong with Takuta,” she said, somewhat in panic.

“What do you mean” Shimaki asked.

“We were experimenting on a discovery we made, a spirit. He had a clumsy accident, which opened the container it was in. When it was released, it found the closest thing it could possess, Takuta, and entered him.”

“So, it's just a spirit. What's so horrible about this?”

“It's very powerful. It has the ability, and intention, to kill everything it can.”

“So you think this spirit is just going to destroy everything?”

“I know it will. It is a very vengeful spirit. But I believe it is going to be cautious first. Last time, it was sealed into the ground. I don't think it is going to be so careless this time.”

“So, how are you planning to get rid of it? The same way they did last time?”

“Of course not,” Sakra said. “That would kill him. I had created an 'antidote,' I guess you could call it, while I was telling Takuta the spirit's story. It was a just-in-case thing. But it will be hard to be able to use on him.”

“Are you thinking what I think you're thinking?”

“If you're thinking I'm thinking about asking if we can get some humans to cooperate with us, then yes. Humans have some strengths that could help us. And besides, some of them need to help each other as well. We will only be returning the favor.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment