Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 12 - No Life's Perfect

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 12 - No Life's Perfect

Chapter 12 - No Life's Perfect
Kristie ran up to Amy and Joe to tell them her good news.

“Tom changed. He said he was sorry for saying all those mean things to me and he wants to be my friend! He said that you helped, Amy! Thank you!” Kristie jumped up and hugged Amy.

Amy smiled. “You’re welcome. I didn’t even notice I helped anyone with anything. . . So it’s a surprise to me, too.”

“I still thank you very much!” Kristie looked up at Amy like she was a goddess. “I wish you were my big sister. You could have helped me all along.”

“Well, I have always wanted a little sister,” Amy said, putting on a larger smile.

Kristie's face completely lit up.

Tom said, “Okay, can we please continue? I'm not a big fan of mushy stuff.”

Amy knew he was just embarrassed about her proving him wrong, although he did somewhat have a point. They shouldn't just stand around right now, while they already had something they needed to do.



Kristie stayed by Amy while they were walking, holding onto her hand like she was her big sister. Joe, who was also walking beside Amy, found the scene beside him cute. Kristie hung onto Amy like her life depended on it. She also found it easy to open up to Joe. He was happy about that, mostly because he wanted to be protective of her since his sister was just a year younger than her.

He couldn't help but keep thinking about what she had said to Amy. It seemed like her being teased was a big issue she had back home. But, then, why wouldn't her parents have helped her out? That's the weird thing...

“Hey, Amy?” Kristie said.

“Yes, Kristie?” Amy responded.

“Do you think that maybe after we get to go back home...” she started to say, although she seemed kind of scared to say what she wanted to. “That I can go home with you? Or if not you, then could I go home with you, Joe? I don't want to have to go back...”

Amy and Joe both looked surprised at this.

“Kristie, I don't think it would be a very smart idea for you to come back home with me,” Amy said. “For one, my parents would never let me bring a little girl home with me. Especially with their opinions... And also, wouldn't your parents be worried about you if you never went home?”

“I... I don't have any parents,” Kristie said. “I live in the orphanage. I was dropped off their whenever I was just a baby. No one knows who my parents are.”

This made Amy and Joe feel sad.

“I'm sorry, Kristie,” Amy said. “My home isn't a good place for you to go to. In fact, it would be a horrible place to go.”

“Mine is probably worse,” Joe said. “So, I'm very sorry, but I can't help you either.”

“But...” Kristie said. “Why?”

“My home,” Joe said, “isn't something you would call a home. Me and my sister are literally personal slaves to my father. He makes us do work, and if we slack off the tiniest bit or do something in a way he doesn't like, we get severely punished. What we eat... I don't even know if it can go into a food category. Me and my sister have never been anywhere outside of our home, so there would be no explanation as to how I would have met you anyway.”

Kristie's eyes became really big at this. “That's... That's horrible! You don't deserve that! And I'm sure your sister doesn't either!”

Amy was actually kind of shocked. “I would have never thought that happens to you...”

“I thought I've been hiding it pretty well,” Joe said.

“What about you, Amy?” Kristie asked. “Why can't I go home with you?”

“I'm sorry, but... I don't really want to talk about it,” Amy said. “It's one of those things that I can only tell someone that I absolutely know I can trust. No offense to either of you, but I think I need to get to know you both a little bit better before I can tell you.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment