Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Creature Files: Sakra's Solution

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 13 - Creature Files: Sakra's Solution

Chapter 13 - Creature Files: Sakra's Solution
“Sakra, come on! If we don't hurry, we're going to be late. And this was your idea in the first place,” Shimaki yelled up the stairs at his sister.

“I'm coming, I'm coming,” she answered, hurrying down the stairs. “I just wanted to finish making myself look presentable.”

“We are only going in front of the council,” Shimaki said with an air of ease in his voice.

“That's exactly the point! I can't look bad in front of them. I have to make a good first impression on them. And by looking unpresentable, that would not help me at all.”

Shimaki could never understand girls. He didn't know why they thought their appearance was so important. So what if they were going in front of the council to present important information, or that they were going to ask for permission for something they would normally never even think about saying 'yes' to? They know who Sakra is, and there would be really no point in looking good if she has a good record.

It was two days after Takuta's accident, and his state was not yet known to the other creatures. The only ones who knew about it were Sakra, Shimaki, Pensa, and Konso. It was a very good thing that Sakra and Takuta had their own island where they take their discoveries and perform their experiments and other things, because it would make a better outcome, especially for today.

The one thing Shimaki was scared about was running into Shumeku on the way to see the council. Shumeku never was exactly the best brother to Sakra. Shimaki was always the one helping her out. He could never figure out why Shumeku hated her so much. But, that's just Shumeku; he was simple-minded, one-opinionated, unchangeable, hypocritical, and not very much of a social butterfly. In a way, he was kind of stuck-up, although all the bragging rights in the family go to Sakra.

When they got to the council's meeting room, they were not surprised to see all of the council already there, even though they were quite early.

“Sakra the Scientist,” the head said, “it is very nice to meet you. Your work is very important to all of us here in the Creature Islands. Thank you for your help. Information tells me that you have something very important to present to us?”

“Yes, Sakra said. “It is very crucial this is presented to everyone as soon as possible, and in the best way possible.”

“Start talking, please,” the head said.

Sakra explained her story of Takuta.

“This is very serious,” the head said after she was done. “We will have to let everyone know right away. Do you have any idea of how to control him, or how to fix this problem?”

“I know someone who would is able to keep him inside the island he is on now, which no one inhabits. I have already asked him to do so, and he should have finished by now. I also have an 'antidote,' as you can call it. It will take the spirit out of Takuta, and it will kill the spirit, but not Takuta.”

“Very smart,” the head said. “You are smarter than they say you are.”

“Thank you,” Sakra said. “I would also like to ask your permission for something.”

“Ask away.”

“I would like to get the help of humans.”

“Why is this?” The head asked, looking a bit shocked.

“Humans have properties that will be able to help me and three others to get to Takuta. We will be able to protect them, and they will be able to help us.”
“You know humans aren't able to see or hear us.”

“There are a few who can. I have taken several journeys to human-inhabited lands, and there were a few people who were able to see me.”

“Are you sure you can use them to our advantage without messing with the order of their laws or beliefs?”

“Yes. I have the power to stop time. Although it does not work in the Creature Islands, it works everywhere else. Once we retrieve the humans, I will be able to pause time while they help us here. And once they are back to where they are supposed to be, I can play time back to the way it should be.

“I also believe the humans can benefit out of this as well. I have seen that a lot of humans have personal problems that they have trouble going through alone. They might be able to help each other with their problems after meeting. If I remember correctly, a total of five humans have seen me. With me and the three others I have found who are willing to help me, it is about even between humans and creatures. In a way, we will be able to keep each other safe.”

“I will approve of this,” the head said, “on a few conditions. The first is that when you find these humans and bring them here, that you are to come to me and report their exact names, where they are from, and their ages. Also, I would like for none of these humans to be under the age of eight. This age is risky enough, but that is about when all the abilities we can use have finished developing.”

“I think a few of these humans who have seen me appear younger than eight years old. If need be, would we be allowed to stay with our designated humans until they are old enough?”

“This will be okay. Although, I don't want you waiting any longer than two years. We don't have all the time possible. Is this all you would like to present?”

“Yes.”

“You may leave now. Thank you for coming here to inform us of this very important matter and choosing the best way to present it.”

Sakra bowed, then left with Shimaki following her.

When they got outside of the council's meeting room, Sakra turned to Shimaki and asked, “Why do you insist on going with me everywhere you can?”

“I only don't want you to be out by yourself,” Shimaki said. “You're my sister and I don't want you to get hurt.”

“I can take care of myself just fine,” she answered.

“You know what I'm talking about...”



A few days after the meeting with the council, everyone had been informed several times of the danger, but assured that they will be safe. Although there was one creature who was particularly mad at Sakra, and he decided to pay her and Shimaki a visit.

When Shimaki heard a knock on the door, he looked out the door and groaned. What was he doing here? Didn't he say he wanted nothing to do with either of them anymore?

Shimaki answered the door and said, “What do you want, Shumeku?”

“I wanted to pick a bone with our 'beloved' sister,” he answered.

“Any bone you have to pick with her, you can pick with me.”

Sakra hurriedly came down the steps to see who it was at the door, but she slowed her pace to a crawl once she saw who it was. “Why are you here?” she asked.

“Just the person I wanted to talk to,” Shumeku said. “Do you mind if I talk to you outside for a few minutes?”

Shimaki turned around and gave Sakra a look that said “Say no. Please, say no!”

“You can say what you have to say right here,” Sakra said.

Shimaki's expression changed to “I guess that's okay.”

Shumeku cleared his throat. “All right.” He paused for a second, then said “Are you crazy? You waited to go to the council and inform them of the news of a danger before you told everyone else? You're insane! Why didn't you tell everyone else first?”

“It was the best way,” Sakra answered, calmly. “As I'm sure you have been informed, everyone will be safe. He is contained in an area where no creature lives, and will be taken care of within the next few years. The way I got it presented to the public was the way that would cause the least panic since it was presented by the council.”

“You should have let it out sooner!” Shumeku persisted. “I don't care if you believe that idiot Pensa and retard Konso should know about it first. They shouldn't! Everyone should know at the same time.”

“They deserved to know first because they were the ones closest to Takuta. And besides, I had already asked to be an audience to the council before I told them. I was simply telling them while waiting to see the council.”

“And I also hear that you are going to get help from humans. Humans? That makes you completely insane!”

“They have powers that can help us. Something we don't have.”

“Humans are weak! We should be taking over their land! But, no. The council has to be 'nice' and they have to 'abide by the human rules'.”

“It is only the fair thing. If you came here just to argue with me about taking the best courses of action for our country, please leave.”

“Leave, Shumeku,” Shimaki said. “You've caused way too much trouble here already.”

“This was my house once, too, you know. Why can't I stay here?” Shumeku said.

“You're the one who decided to leave,” Shimaki said.

“I wouldn't have left if you hadn't nearly threatened to kill me if I hadn't.”

“Oh, yeah, and I suppose that one little threat adds up to way more than you actually almost killing both me and our sister?”

“She would be the only one I almost killed if you hadn't started defending her.”

“Almost killed? Almost killed! You would have killed her if I hadn't intervened! Leave now, or we will force you out.”

“Fine, be that way,” Shumeku said and left, enraged.

Shimaki slammed and locked the door. “I really hate him.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment