Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Amy's Story

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 15 - Amy's Story

Chapter 15 - Amy's Story
When everyone was getting ready to go to sleep for the night, Amy made a decision that she would tell Kristie and Joe about her story. And to her advantage, Tom was the first one asleep. She wouldn't have to pull them aside. She decided to just randomly start talking about it.

“My parents take everything over-the-top. They aren't exactly the best parents—or rulers for that matter,” Amy said. “I feel so bad for the servants and the people. My parents treat them pretty badly. It's just wrong.”

“My father isn't exactly a saint, either,” Joe said.

“I know. I'm just introducing my story.” Amy said.

Kristie and Joe looked at each other, kind of shocked Amy was starting to tell them about her life. But they both listened intently.

“My parents only care about themselves,” Amy continued. “They don't care how much they hurt anyone else, just as long as they get what they want, they stay rich, and they keep the throne.

“Before me, they had no children. My mother is incapable of having children. They took me in when I was little. In a way, they saved my life because I was found, abandoned, on a street. The only reason they took me in was so it would make them look good. For a few years, they have been trying to force me to get engaged to someone royal. They normally have princes come and ask me to be 'betrothed' to them. I always reject them, and think of a creative... threat to send them back home.

“They have been getting increasingly angry at me over this, and they have treated me worse and worse about it. They have also found out that I have been helping people overcome what they have been doing to them, such as giving them some extra money, just so they can buy that night's dinner.

“You see, they have ridiculously high taxes to be paid to them each month. And when someone can't pay it, they get punished. Almost every year, they even raise the tax even higher. It's ridiculous! If anyone opposes them or tries to ask for a bit of leniency, they get punished. Sometimes, depending on how mad they are, they will kill them. So, I do what I can to make their lives better. They haven't killed anyone in a while. Everyone knows to come to their princess for help.

“But they have found out I helped some people. They only know of a few, though, and luckily they don't know who it was. Although they punish me by either locking me up in my room, or by treating me like a slave. Sounds a bit like a fairy tale, huh?” She chuckled. “Just waiting for my knight in shining armor now.”

“Your parents are so mean...” Kristie said. “How do you stay there?”

“I stay there to protect my people. And I will protect them until I die,” Amy said.

“Wow...” Joe said. You have quite a weight on your shoulders.”

“Yeah...” Amy said. “But I'm willing to keep that for the hope of my people. As of right now, I'm the only hope they have."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment