Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 18 - Amy's Mistake

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 18 - Amy's Mistake

Chapter 18 - Amy's Mistake
Amy glared at Verus. Joe and Bram were right, it was useless to go with Takuta. He lied. He sent Verus to attack them. Amy was even more upset with herself than she had already been.

All four creatures ran over, and Verus ran away.

"Are you okay, Joe?" Pensa asked.

"Yeah, I'm fine," Joe said. "It's only a scratch."

"But, he broke through the skin!" Amy said.

"It'll stop. It's no big deal," Joe said.

"No," Amy said. "Verus cut through your skin. That means you're gonna get really sick and possibly die." Tears started to form in Amy's eyes. She turned to Sakra and said, "Where is the Healing Pond?"

"It's not very far from here," Sakra said, sounding kind of surprised that Amy knew about the Healing Pond. "But if what you said is true, then normal herbs should be able to cure it."

"Only liquid from the Healing Pond Flower Lily can heal it," Amy said. "Please trust me." She was very worried that they might not trust her because of her leaving.

"Don't worry, Amy," Konso said. "We trust you. I'll find a Flower Lily immediately." He flew off quickly, and it didn't take very long for him to come back. Even so, by the time he had come back, Joe had become unconscious.

It turned out that when Verus infects someone, it spreads very quickly. Joe already developed a pretty high fever and his breath was becoming very shallow.

Konso quickly made Joe drink some liquid from the flower lily. While Joe was unconscious, Amy stayed with him. She refused to leave him. After all, it could very well have been her fault he was like this.

At some point when Amy was keeping to very sharp eyes on Joe, Kristie woke up. When she saw Amy, she rushed over to her and hugged her tightly. "Amy!" she said. "I missed you! I'm happy you came back!"

Amy shushed Kristie. "Please don't talk so loud," she said. "I'm not sure how it will affect Joe with how he is right now. But thanks." She gave Kristie a brief, small smile.

"What's wrong with him?" Kristie asked.

"Nothing too serious," Amy said, noticing that she shouldn't worry Kristie about it. "He should be perfectly fine when he wakes up."

It took Joe a few hours to wake up. And when he did, Amy was very happy. Her face lit up.

When Joe's eyes decided to let him see, and he saw Amy sitting next to him, he smiled and said, "Thank you."

"Why are you thinking me?" Amy said, shocked. "I did nothing worth thanking... All I did was betray you guys."

"That's not true," Joe said. "You saved my life. You were the only one who knew how to cure what Verus did."

"But he wouldn't have attacked you if I hadn't left," Amy argued.

"Why do you say that? Did you do something that could have made Takuta send Verus to attack me, or for Verus to just do it on his own?" When Amy shook her head "no", Joe said, "Then it can't be your fault. Besides you learned about Verus while you were with Takuta, right?" Amy nodded. "This would have most likely happened at some point anyway. If you hadn't left, you wouldn't have known about how to cure it. You probably saved more than just my life." He smiled a very heart-warming smile at Amy. "You have a bad habit of not looking at situations the right way."

Amy blushed a little. Joe was being so nice to her. Her fear of Joe not being her friend anymore completely disappeared. It made her very happy. Everything else he had said helped her to feel a lot better as well. She couldn't help smiling.

Joe looked like he suddenlyk remembered somethig, and he reached into his pocket. He pulled something out of it, and grabbed When he dropped it in her hand, Amy realized it was a neckalce, a silver chain with a pretty charm on it.

"It was my mother's," Joe explained. "I wanted to give it to you before you left to show you how special you are to me."

Amy realized only now that Joe wasn't having an easy time breathing and talking was taking a lot out of him. "Thank you." She smiled. "But you should stop talking. You should probably get some rest."

Joe smiled back at her and said, "Okay. But only if you promise you will be the first thing I see when I wake up." He blushed. He felt that if she was there when he woke up, it was like she was promising him she was never going to leave again.

"Okay," Amy said. She turned a little red herself. She put the necklace around her neck and admired it. It was a really pretty necklace. But she couldn't see why Joe would want to give her something that belonged to his mother. But she was still thankful for it. Joe said she was special to him and that made her very happy.

When she looked up from the necklace, she saw Sakra sitting there, smiling. "Awww," she said. "That's so cute and sweet!"

Amy was full-out blushing now. "I hate it when you tease me like that," she said.

"Oh, come on," Sakra said. "You can't deny you don't like him anymore because it's so obvious you do." She laughed.

"No, I don't," Amy said. "I think of him only as a friend. That doesn't mean he can't make me blush."

"Mmhmm," Sakra said. "You go ahead and keep on believing that." Of course, she was being sarcastic.

If Amy actually thought about it, it kind of did seem like she liked Joe. She is always happy when she talks to him, and he has made her blush several times. Her mind also seems to randomly think of him. Not to mention, she was extremely concerned that Joe might hate her when she left. And now this situation. Okay, so it didn't "kind of" seem like she liked him; it really seemed like it.

While Joe was still asleep, Amy told Sakra everything that happened while she was with Takuta.

"So, I had it a bit wrong," Sakra said, talking about the Command Law. "No wonder he took you and not anyone else." She thought for a minute. "But, why would he keep Bram? If anything, he would have killed him."

"Maybe he's going to use him as blackmail or something," Amy suggested, "like he told me I was probably going to be used for."

"Yes, that makes sense," Sakra responded. "I guess being with the humans for two years made me really rusty in the common sense area." Sakra looked directly at Amy. "No offense, of course."

"None taken I figured you were talknig about my parents."

"I probalby was."

"Do you think some of this would be important to share with everyone?"

"No, I just think we need to be careful. Tell us when you see Verus. You're the only one that knows what he looks like. I don't think it would be smart to tell anyone else, especially Kristie, what he looks like. It could cause nightmares. We don't want anyone else to faint on us."

Amy laughed a little. "So, when are we going to cure Takuta?"

"We can't risk anything. We have to either wait until Joe is completely healed, or we leave leaving him, another human, and a creature behind. But I really do not want to have to do the second one because that is way too risky anyway."

Amy let out a sigh of relief.

"What?" Sakra said. "Do you really think I would take a risk that could be bad for any of you? None of us would."

Amy smiled and looked at Joe.



When Joe woke up, which was about a few hours after he fell asleep, he was happy to see that Amy was right next to him, just like she promised she would be. He became evne happier to see that Amy was wearing his mohter's necklace. He smiled.

Amy smiled back. "Hey," she said. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah. I think my fever is gone. I don't feel hot anymore."

Amy felt his forehead. "Yeah, its gone."

Joe suddenly looked worried. "I just thought of something. You're staying since he broke his end of the deal, right?" When Amy nodded, he said, "What if he tries to hurt you for leaving?"

"Don't worry," Amy said. "I'll be fine. Besides, the creatures aren't going to let anything hurt us. They are being extra careful to make sure we don't get hurt now."

"Okay. I just wanted to make sure you wouldn't get hurt."

Amy smiled. "Thanks. But don't worry about me. I'll be fine."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment