Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 19 - Amy's Turn to Worry

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 19 - Amy's Turn to Worry

Chapter 19 - Amy's Turn to Worry
About a week and a half passed, and Joe was still sick. Every time he seemed to be back to normal, he would get sick again. Amy was still sitting by Joe, almost as if she was guarding him. She was starting to get extremely worried. If he hadn't gotten better by now, who knows how long it will take for him to get better? Or worse, would he ever get better at all?

Amy wasn't sure what they could do for him. Konso got another flower lily for Joe every day, but it seemed to not be working. She was so scared that even the flower lilies would end up doing absolutely nothing for him in the end. She ended up on the verge of tears very often since Joe was attacked. She could tell the others were getting concerned about her as well by now. But she didn't care. All that mattered was Joe. Nothing else mattered at all. Only that Joe was going to get better, and very soon.

Sakra appeared next to Amy. "How is he doing?" she asked.

"I haven't seen him get any better yet," Amy replied. "And besides, if he got well again, chances are that he would just get sick again." She sighed very shakily.

"Don't worry," Sakra said, placing her paw on Amy's knee. "I'm sure he'll get better soon. He can't stay sick for too long."

"The same thing was probably said when cancer first found its way to people."

"Don't say that. He isn't gonna get better unless we believe he will. And I'm sure you are the last person he would want to think that."

"I know. Its just that he's been sick so long and he hasn't gotten the least bit better. It doesn't do my confidence very much good."

Konso flew into sight carrying a few flower lilies. He gestured for Sakra to come over to him and she gave Amy a cross between a smile and a sad expression, then walked toward Konso.

Amy sat with her arms crossed on her knees and partially hid her head behind her arms, with her eyes just above her arms so that she could keep her eyes on Joe. It hurt her so much to have to see him like this. It took so much will power just to keep herself from crying.

That was it. She could no longer hold in her pain. She had to cry. She reached out her hand to touch Joe's and started to cry. It amazed her that even though she went through a lot of emotional pain at home, she couldn't take this. She had hardly ever cried before in her entire life.

It seemed like she cried forever. She had no clue when, but sometime while she was crying, Joe woke up. She only noticed this when he had squeezed her hand when he noticed she was touching it. She looked up and was given no warning to Joe wrapping his arms around her. She hugged him back and kept crying.

"Why are you crying?" Joe asked, practically whispering in Amy's ear.

"You're still sick. Why are you still sick? Why did this happen to you? Why can't you just get better? It really hurts me. Of all people, it had to happen to you. What did you do to deserve this? Why? I don't understand. I feel like I feel whatever pain you are going through. Why--"

"Shh," Joe said, cutting her off. While Amy was talking, her voice was very broken and it seemed to have made her feel worse to say all of that. Not to mention, she was talking so fast, Joe could hardly keep up with what she was saying. "It's okay. Don't worry about it so much."

"I can't help it," Amy replied, talking slower. "I just... I don't know. I just can't help but worry so much." She blushed a little. The truth was that she really did know why she was worrying so much. She just couldn't tell him. She tightened her grip around him.

Joe started to run his fingers through her hair, which made her blush a little more. "Please calm down. I hate seeing you like this. It isn't fair to make me suffer the pain of seeing you so sad while I'm already so sick." He was still talking almost in a whisper.

Joe stayed there holding her for a while, trying to calm her down. When she finally did calm down, he let her go.

Amy quickly grabbed his hand and pulled him back into a hug. "I never want to let go," she whispered, blushing a lot.

Joe smiled and wrapped his arms back around her. Then, he seemed to think of something. "Do you have any idea if what I have is contagious?" he asked.

"Sakra found it wasn't," Amy replied. "The only way anyone can get it is by getting scratched or bitten by Verus. Why?"

Joe let go of Amy just a little and leaned toward her. Before she could figure out what he was doing, he kissed her. He kissed her. She felt like she would melt.

When Joe moved his face away, Amy was happy to see that he seemed to be blushing just about as much as she was.

There was a kind of awkward moment of silence. Joe broke it by saying, "I-I'm sorry. I've wanted to do that for a while now..."

"Don't be sorry," Amy said. "I'm happy you did it." She smiled, although it was kind of an awkward smile, since she was blushing so much and her face felt so hot.

Amy and Joe sat there for a while, just staring at each other.

Amy lost track of time and was reminded that there was such a thing as time when Kristie came over and asked them what they were doing.

"Nothing," Joe said, turning his face away from Amy's as if being released from some force that had made him starte at her the whole time. He decided to sit right next to Amy and he grabbed her hand, keeping their hands hidden from Kristie.

"You seemed like you were just staring at each other," Kristie said. "Why were you?"

"We weren't," Amy said. "We were talking."

"Oh, okay," Kristie said and sat in front of them.

"Oh yeah," Sakra said, seeming to pop out of nowhere, "they weren't just sitting there, staring dreamily into each other's eyes. Just like how they also didn't kiss right before that." She smiled a kind of evilish smile. She had said that loud enough for everyone to hear.

Amy's face burned up and she hid her face in her arms as she felt six pairs of eyes staring at her and Joe. She snuck a peek at Joe to see his face was turned away so she could barely see it. But the part she could see was really red.

"Seriously?" Kristie asked, noticing that Sakra had been sarcastic. "You did?!"

Amy kept her face hidden and made the sound she normally made when she was embarressed, which sounded like a cross between a grunt and a whimper. She heard Joe say, "Ummm... Y-y-yeah." She imagined that he became even more red.

"Aw!" Kristie said. "That's so cute!"

Tom had made his way over to Amy and Joe. "I can't say I didn't expect that," he said. "I've been expecting that to happen ever since not very long after we arrived here."

Konso walked over with the flower lily liquid. "Sorry, Joe," he said. "I wanted to use more than one lily but Sakra said its not safe to use any more than one."

Joe sighed. "Its ok," he said. "I don't think it would have been good anyway. You don't know how just one of those things makes my stomach feel."

Joe swallowed the liquid and then lied down. He liked to try to go to sleep before the liquid started to hurt him. Amy was glad he did because he wasn't exactly the best at hiding physical pain.

And for the millionth time, Amy watched Joe as he drifted off to sleep. And despite what just happened, she still watched him sleep with a heavy mind, still wondering when he will finally get better.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment