Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 20 - A Cure

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 20 - A Cure

Chapter 20 - A Cure
Amy was still sitting next to Joe two days later, still waiting for Joe to get better. But, she acted a bit differently these past two days. She was thinking to herself of anything she could do to help him, and if there was something else they could give him that could help.

Joe spent a lot less time sleeping now. He liked to stay awake just to talk to Amy. About anything, really. He felt he could talk to her about anything, and that made Amy very happy.

Even though she was paying attention to what Joe was saying to her, her mind seemed to be somewhere else. She was thinking really hard. When, all of a sudden, she had an idea. Her face lit up.

"What is it?" Joe asked.

"I'll be right back," Amy said, hurrying to get up to talk to Sakra.

Sakra wasn't very far away, but she wanted to talk to her so that Joe wouldn't overhear, just in case her idea wouldn't work.

"Hey, Sakra?" Amy said when she was only a few steps away from her. "What exactly is the Healing Pond?"

"You can't tell by its name?" Sakra said, surprised. Amy normally had a lot of common sense.

"Its name tells me generally what it is, but I want to know exactly what it is," Amy said.

"Well, when you touch the water, it heals any physical wounds you may have," Sakra said. "That's about it."

"What do you mean by physical?"

"I mean that only wounds on your skin that are visible to the human eye. Things such as what Joe has wouldn't work by going in the pond."

"Can't you drink water from it?"

"No. Some people tried that in the past, but it was dangerous. It affected them in a bad way. I'm not exactly sure why."

Amy thought for a minute. "What if you mixed just a little tiny bit of the water with the liquid from the flower lily? Will that work?"

"I'm not sure," Sakra said. "That's a good idea, though. I can't believe I never thought of that... But before we can try it, I have to make sure it will be ok. I won't be hurting Joe by trying this. So even if it works, we might have to wait a while to use it. Bear with me, okay?"

"Okay!" Amy hurried back over to Joe.

"What's up?" Joe asked, curiously.

"I think I might have found a way to get you back to normal," Amy said with a huge smile on her face.



the next day, Sakra called Amy over to her. "Come here. I want to show you something," she said.

Amy followed her into the trees, where there was a group of flowers on the ground. she pointed to two specific flowers in the bunch. One looked very dry and withered and the other looked completely healthy and sturdy.

"This type of plant," Sakra began to explain, "even though it is only a plant, is extremely similar to you and me. This type of plant gets a lot of different 'sicknesses', a large majority resembling those that creatures and humans both get. It is also extremely similar to us in many other ways. This type of plant is used by many creature scientists and doctors to see how creatures would react to medicines they have created. We always react the same exact way these plants do to what is given to it. No one has really figured out why, however.

"These two flowers both had something very similar to what Joe has. Although, it is a very common 'sickness' to these plants. I suspect Takuta used a plant infected with this to get Verus the way he is now. The rest of the plants around it are perfectly fine and are not sick at all. With the one that is withered, I gave exactly what Joe is taking. It had the same reaction as Joe; it, at first, reacted very well, then it became sick again.

"With this other one, the one that looks even healthier than the rest of them, I gave what you suggested, the flower lily liquid with a drop or two of the healing pond water. It became more healthy than any of the other flowers, it became healthier faster than the other one, and it stayed like that. There are absolutely no signs of sickness, and it is perfectly healthy. There is no way it can get the sickness again. Its completely gone."

Amy, even though she was really happy it worked, had a look of extreme concern that it might end up making it worse in the end.

"Trust me," Sakra said when she saw Amy's face. "We have much better technology than humans. If I find that it will stay healthy and won't get the sickness again, it won't." She smiled.

Amy smiled back and she practically ran back to Joe to tell him what Sakra found.

She waited until she was right next to him to tell him. "Guess what! It works! They are gonna try it and it will work!"

"Try what?" Joe asked.

"What I thought might get you back to normal. Sakra tried it and it works!"

"Are you sure?" He couldn't help but absolutely make sure that there was no mistaking what Amy was telling him.

"Yes, I'm sure!" She threw her arms around him. "You're not gonna be sick anymore!" She was so happy she felt like she would explode

Joe smiled. "I think this is the happiest I've seen you."

"I wouldn't doubt it." Amy laughed.

Sakra came over with the mixture in her hand. "It might still hurt, Joe," she said. "But it'll work a lot faster than what you took before. It'll probably take three hours at most."

Joe drank the liquid, and after getting an unexpected kiss and a "See you in a few hours" from Amy, went to sleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment