Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 21 - The Spy

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 21 - The Spy

Chapter 21 - The Spy
By the end of the very next day, Joe was walking around, feeling almost completely back to normal. He was already completely healthy by the second morning. Although, Sakra wanted to wait at least another day or two before they departed to do the job they had gone there to do, just in case.

It made Amy so happy that she had been able to do so much for Joe after he had tried to do what he could for her when she was sick, and also for forgiving her recently. Although, she still felt as though she would never be able to compltely repay him for everything she feels he has already done for her.

Despite this, Amy has been distracted, even though Joe has been feeling so much better. She hasn't let her guard down much to let anyone see it, though. Joe has been the only one to see it, although completely on accident; she hasn't wanted anyone to see it.

While Joe and Amy were out of earshot of everyone else, he decided to take the opportunity to ask, "Amy, what's wrong?"

"What are you talking about?" Amy replied. "I'm fine."

"You still seem really distracted. I've seen short moments where you don't seem to focus on anything and just look scared."

"Oh," Amy said. She had been hoping he wouldn't have really noticed it. "Don't worry about it."

"You're telling me not to worry about it after what happened when you were sick? I don't think so."

When Amy looked at Joe's face, he looked completely serious, and she knew he wasn't going to let this slide; she had to tell him. She moved a bit closer to him so she could whisper, "Please don't tell anyone what I'm about to tell you, okay?"

Joe nodded in agreement.

Amy told Joe of a fear she had been having that started the night after she came back. When she finished, Joe's eyes widened.

"You have to tell at least Sakra about this," he said.

"I don't want to..." Amy replied.

"Amy, do you realize how serious this might be? You have to tell her!" Joe was holding onto Amy's hand tightly, staring worriedly into her eyes, and although he was quietly yelling, his voice sounded only like concern.

When Amy again looked into Joe's face, straight back into his eyes, she knew he had, for the second time in not even ten minutes, once again had her in a corner. She knew she should tell Sakra, although she didn't want to, for some reason. Joe decided for her--she had to. She couldn't stand making him worried about her like that. "Okay..." she whispered.

Joe slowly lead her to where Sakra was standing, keeping an eye on Kristie and Tom. Sakra looked at them and said, "Hey, what's up?"

Amy just looked at the ground, still reluctant to tell Sakra what was going on, so Joe started for her.

"Is Takuta able to send images to people's minds?" Joe said.

After seeing Amy looking like she had something to tell, Sakra said, "Amy... What is it? Tell me. You know you should tell us everything that happens."

Amy hesitated, still thinking of how to put what she was going to say. "I... Ever since the night after I came back, I've been having nightmares. I ignored them at first, but... I've had at least one every night..."

"What are the nightmares?" Sakra said after Amy was quiet for a few minutes. "Tell me now."

Amy stumbled a bit again, but said, "It's hardly every the same exact one, but they all follow the same patter. The first ones were just threats. I would have dreams of Takuta threatening me that he would make me regret leaving to come back here, or sometimes threatening to hurt someone here, most of the time Joe. When the dreams started, I thought I was having the dream out of fear, so I didn't pay much attention to it. But they just kept coming, each night a different one. But then after about a week, I started getting somewhat different dreams. I started dreaming that Takuta would have me kidnapped and he would torture me, or sometimes kill me, and he would even sometimes have you guys watch it. Every night it would be different... I started to worry that he may have been sending me images to scare me or show me what he's planning to do or something..."

Sakra sighed heavily. "You should have told me before so that I might be able to tell you if he is sending you images... I don't know if he can do that." She looked at Joe and asked, "Have you been having any dreams similar to Amy's?"

Amy looked at Joe, hoping he hadn't. But, Joe said, "Acutally... kinda."

"Tell me," Sakra sad.

"They always occured when I was healthier or felt better, not just this time, but every time since Verus attacked me. I was having dreams of Verus taking me to Takuta, too. Verus would just scartch me again and leave me to die, with Takuta laughing and taunting and saying 'Where is your precious Amy now?'"

Amy had a look of concern for Joe. He looked sad from recalling the dreams, especially from quoting what Takuta would say to him. She squeezed his hand to try to comfort him in a way.

Sakra thought for a second, then asked, "What did Takuta look like in your dream, Joe?"

"It was always really dark so I couldn't see too specifically, but he looked like a black figure with bright, shining yellow eyes, and I think a white spot around his one eye. He also had pointy ears and really sharp teeth always being bared from his snout. He reminded me of a wolf, although he looked larger than an average wolf."

"Has Amy ever described to you what he looked like?" Sakra looked kind of scared.

"No. I never really let her talk about him, and I try to keep her mind off of it," Joe responded. He squeezed Amy's hand and she smiled a bit.

Sakra's eyes looked very concerned. "What you described is Takuta. He is a wolf-type... Amy, do you remember what Takuta looked like in your dream you had sson after I brought you here? The one that kept you up all night."

Amy thought a bit. "Actually, now that I think about it, that Takuta did look a lot like the real Takuta..."

"He must have had Verus spying on us all this time... He probably gave you both all of those dreams to scare you. I can't tell you if he will harm either of you."

Amy dropped her head, staring at her feet. out of the corner of her eye, she could see Joe looking at her, concerned.

Sakra touched Amy's hand that wasn't being held by Joe's. "Don't worry. I have a plan."

Amy looked up again, kind of shocked. She knew Sakra was really smart, but she didn't think she would have been able to come up with a plan that fast.

"We will keep this just between us three. Me and Joe are just gonna have to make sure no one is gonna do anything over-the-top. Do both of you promise not to tell anyone?"

Amy and Joe both nodded, and Sakra motioned for them to sit down, and Joe said, "What about Amy?"

"I have a different job for her..."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment