Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 22 - Untitled

plz dont get confused. the chapters that say "Creature Files" are basically outlining the backstory. all the others r present time.

if u like this story, please visit this site!!! ^_^ http://www.freewebs.com/squigpuss

Chapter 22 - Untitled

Chapter 22 - Untitled
"We are going to be leaving tomorrow," Sakra announced to everyone soon after she had discussed everything she had to with Amy and Joe. She came up with something really simple, but it was a plan that seemed to frighten Amy. Everything depended on things going exactly how they wanted them to; if anything went wrong, Joe didn't even want to think what would happen, especially to Amy.

For the rest of the day, Joe was practically glued to Amy, and luckily for him, she didn't seem to mind it. Whenever he looked at her (which was almost always) he couldn't help but feel sad and really concerned. She caught this look more than once.

"What's wrong, Joe?" Amy decided to ask at the end of the day when Tom and Kristie had already fallen asleep.

"I'm just worried..." he answered. "I really don't want anything to happen to you. I don't know what I'd do if--"

"Hey," Amy said, interrupting Joe. "I'm worried too. But I'm forcing myself to have confidence that I'll be fine and the plan will work. Just have confidence in me, okay?"

"But, I'm scared that something will go wrong and something bad will happen to you, and--"

"Listen to me," Amy said, cutting Joe off again. She placed her hands on either side of his face. "I will be fine, and I will not be too hurt. I promise."

"But how can you promise something like that? It wouldn't be in your control."

"I wouldn't let anyone do that to me because I don't even want to think of how you would react. "I wouldn't do that to you."

Joe smiled a little, blushing. "Okay... You should get sleep. You probably need a lot."

Amy smiled, closed her eyes, and grabbed Joe's hand. He kissed her forehead.

Amy was quiet for a few minutes, then said, "I'm worried about what will happen after we are done here..."

"What do you mean?" Joe asked.

"What will happen after we leave here and go back home? None of us live near each other... And I can't help but want to help you and your sister and Kristie. I wish there was something I could do. I feel like I can't stand back and let these horrible situations keep happening to you when I know about them... It's like how I help the people who I'm gonna have to be queen for one day. I help them out as much as I can because my "parents" are so irresponsible to them... I'm the one who gives them hope. And I want to help all of you as well..."

"We'll figure that out later, okay?" For now, you just need to sleep. Don't worry about things like that so much. I'm sure that even if we don't find out how to help each other, we will get out of our situations ourselves. Now go to sleep. You need it."

"Okay..." Amy closed her eyes again, although she still secretly wondered about what she could do to help them. She just couldn't not help...



They woke up early the next day to Sakra yelling, "Okay, get up! We gotta go! I don't wanna keep you here much longer!" They woke up so early that the sun had just risen.

Of course, Tom took an extra ten minutes to wake up. But once he was up, Sakra was practically pushing them to their destination.

"You have to lead the way, Amy," Sakra said. "He probably found some way to change the location from where it was before."

Amy shyly made her way to the front with Joe on her tail. Shimaki was up there as well, just to keep an eye on them. They didn't want anything bad to happen to any of them. Of course, Amy and Joe knew why Sakra wanted her to be in front. It wasn't to lead the way.

She walked slowly, mostly because she couldn't stop shaking. She knew what was going to happen soon. She could see that devil's poison-green eyes peering through the trees. She felt Joe put his hands on her shoulders, trying to get her to relax. Although, she could tell he was scared as well.

Sakra called Shimaki back to her and Joe slowly moved away from Amy, blending in with everyone else. She heard him talk to Kristie so it wouldn't look as planned. Now she was shaking more than ever, standing alone in front of everyone else, almost seeming like bait. It also didn't help that she heard that poison-colored eyed creature stirring, ready to pounce.

And then, Amy watched everyone else slowly fade from her vision as she was snatched and carried away at tremendous speed.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment