Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Johnny

this was a project I did for school last year its about johnny when hes in the hosptile that type of thing if you'ev never read " the outsides" this story will make no sence and neather will the next one Im doing

Chapter 1 - Johnny

Chapter 1 - Johnny


My head was spinning, I tried to sit up but a piercing pain shot up and down my back “ah” I gasp “it will be ok kid” I heard someone say then every thing went black. I was unconscious but even unconscious I heard Pony,Soda,Darry,and Steve but no Dally I wonder what happened to him but I was to weak to do anything . I was starting to regain consciousness I heard the doctor. Turns out I was in critical condition my back was broken ( which explains the pain before).

I was also suffering from third degree burns and severe shock the doctor and nurses tried to ease the pain but I couldn't even feel below my waist so it didn't matter. The hospital was as quiet and creepy as a graveyard maybe even more for a day or two I couldn't tell.I looked around the room it was as white as angels wings. The walls,floor,bed, all white I lay there with my eyes closed but as soon as I heard Two-Bit say “hey Johnny kid” I opened my eyes and tried to smile “Hey y'all” I said in some what of a whisper the I looked at the nurse who was pulling the shades open She was as beautiful as a rose She had short brown hair with gray eyes.

She smiled (I think at me) and said “so he can talk after all” . “Don't.. I gasped “ don't let me put enough hair grease on my hair” Two-Bit talked to me for awhile but then when he said “were having the big rumble tonight,” my eyes widen a little but I didn't say any thing.Then he said some thing about the Shepard gang “ he came by” I managed to say “Tim”? Asked Pony I nodded “came to see dally”I said and I almost grinned and nodded after Two-Bit asked if I saw my name in the paper for being a hero “tuff enough”. I managed to say my eyes glowing. Even a few words were tiring me out Two-Bit asked me if I wanted anything other then grease I was so weak, I barely nodded “the book- I look at Pony -can you get me another one?” Pony explained it to Two-Bit then, Two Bit ran off Pony was telling me that him and Darry were cool now and things would get better. I tried to smile again but then the pain came back I closed my eyes tight “Johnny” pony said alarmed “are you O.K.?” he asked “yeah” I nodded keeping my eyes closed “it just hurts sometimes I can't feel anything below the middle of my back… so it usually don't hurt I said I lay there breathing heavily for a moment or two “hey Pony, I'm pretty bad off ain't I?” after I said that Pony started to say something in fake cheerfulness “I busted my back so I won't be able to walk not even on crutches…never again” “you know what pony? I'm scared to die I mean I used to talk abut killing myself but…I never really wanted to die”.

I stopped then I want on with how I haven't live long enough stuff like that then I laid down and went to sleep for a minute then the nurse appeared in the door way “Johnny” she said out of breath from doing something or other “your mother is here to see you” as soon as she said it I opened my eyes at first I was surprise then my eyes darkened why should I see her? I thought I mean her and the old man don't care for me the old man beats me like a rag doll and she ignores me “I don't want to see her” I said firmly “but she's your mother please see her” pleaded the nurse “I said I don't want to see her” my voice was raising “tell her to leave me alone for once” I paused and looked at Pony then at the nurse “ for once just to leave me alone” I struggled to get up then I gasped (the pain came back and it was worse then before) I not sure what happened I think I passed out because for that second everything was blurry then faded to black.

One hour later I woke up the light was dimer I looked out the window it was getting darker out. I looked at the blurry door window (it's one of those blurry kind where you see only dark figures )and saw three figures two of them wear holding the third one and the figure they wear holding look like my mother Glory,please don't let her in please... but to my relief the two nurses drag her away *sigh* just then the nurse came in “I just came in to check on you are you OK?” she asked “yes I'm ok but can you get me a piece of paper and a pencil?” I asked “sure” she said and disappeared around a corner. One min later she returned she handed me the paper and pencil “thank you” I said as she walked a way “sure no problem” she said in that same happy go lucky voice. Ok I though now what it took me a second then I figured out what to write Ponyboy...

It was what an hour maybe a little more then an hour when I fell asleep after I had finished the note and placed it in the book I think the doctor came in to see me I was asleep so I couldn't tell who it was. Then I heard the door burst open and I heard someone say “Johnny-hey Johnnycake” I opened my eyes “h-hey” I said weakly to the guys Dally started to tell me that we beat the socs I didn't even try to grin “fighting's no good...it's useless” I said weakly Dally told me that they were still writing editorials about me.

But when he said he was “proud” of me my eyes glowed again. I could feel myself slipping away so I said one last thing to pony “Pony whatever you do stay gold, pony stay gold...”.The pillow sank a little and I could feel myself getting lighter and then I knew that I had left the world of the living that I was dead but y-know I didn't mind because finally I would know wear I belong after all these sixteen years of not knowing I would know...

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

naomiintuiton64 on November 8, 2006, 9:23:55 AM

naomiintuiton64 on
naomiintuiton64sobb sobb sobb Johhny was my favorite I would put a crying simbol in her but I don't know how to do it

B_Da_Girl2006 on October 14, 2006, 11:32:54 PM

B_Da_Girl2006 on
B_Da_Girl2006wow! I think i read this on fanfiction.net! its sad :(

well my pen name on ff.net is Kawaii-Chibi-Kai hehehe xD

Nice job once again.