Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - The Tides Turn

Jack has come back to port Royal, hoping to inlist the help of Will as he searches for treasure. (not actual movie sumary)

Chapter 2 - The Tides Turn

Chapter 2 - The Tides Turn
It was around noon, and a man was seen exiting the local blacksmith shop in Port Royal. He wore a jacket and a pair of tan pantaloons with a matching tan vest and white shirt. He had on shes distinctive of that erea. His shoulder length brown hair was tied back in a neat ponytail and in his hand was a box with a gift.

He walked down the streets greeting people as he came to them. He finnaly came to a humble home in the foothills of the volcanoe that had sculpted the island and had long since been dormant. He opened the wooden door to reveal a woman, nine months pregnant. She wore a gold and white dress and had her golden brown hair pulled back in a dectritive bun.

"How's my dear wife and soon to be mother?" he asked as he drew her into his arms.

"Fine my love." She responded placing a kiss on his lips.

"I have brought you something from town." He siad indicating the box.

"Why Will, You shouldn't have!" She exclaimed breaking the embrace and examining the gift in her husbands arms. She slowly opened the box to reveal a beautifull hand sculpted iron figurine.

"Blacksmiths don't just make swords and horsehoes." Will said extatic at Elizabeth's expresion of joy.

"Its lovely, but my birthday isn't for 2 months and our aniversery is at least that far off if not farther." she replied

"Do you remember the first time we met?" He asked taking her hands in his.

"Yes, when we were children, aboard the ship taking me to Port Royal for the first time. Why."

"This statue is to commemerate that fatefull day, when my true love came to me in my hour of need."

"Is that all." She replied saucily.

"if you like I can take the rest of the afternoon off and we can go and look at the new ship in the marina." Will suggested.

******
Suddenly from the decks of the Intercepter II a loud shout could be heard.

"Is my ship ready yet?" Inquired the Commandore.

"Almost, sir. She should be as fast if not faster than the Intercepter." Gillette replied.

"Good. See to it that it is done within the week. I have plans for this ship."

"May I inquire as to what they are, Sir?"

"No, If I am to catch that underhanded pirate I must not let one word of my plans be utterd lest he gets wind of them."

"But Sir, they are miles away. They arn't likely to catch wind of anything here save the stench of thier brethren rotting in the bay."

"That's what you think."
****

From the shores of the marina Will and Elizabeth were making there way toward the Intercepter II. The larger and more impressive Dauntless stood at its peir ready for casting into the deep waters that lay beyond the bay.

"Goodness, that ship is awfully close to being finnished. I'm afraid our dear friend Jack has run out of time." Elizabeth said as the ship stood creasting the waves.

"Perhaps we should've invoked a bit of sabatoge." Will thought out loud.

"Again? Commadore Norrigton is still puzzled over the mysterious dissapearence of half the ships deck lumber. There is only so much sabatage one can do with out being caught." Elizabeth retorted.

"Is it my fault that a horde of termites came and infested them all?" He said with a mescheiveous grin.

"Perhaps it was a tad to much when the cannonballs mysterously fell form the deck and onto that poor carpenders head." Elizabeth replied.

"It was only one cannonball that stuck him and he only recieved a blow to the shoulder not the head." Will came back at her.

She just stared at him angerly.

He sighed at her discontenet face "Perhaps your right, but there is only so much one can not do whilst the noose around his friend's neck tightens." Will said.

"If you were to do such a thing, what form of sabatage will you do this time? Surely the Commandor would have suspected somthing was a miss."

"I shall produce a commontion and when the time is right, knock that large lever with lumber inot the oncean." Will said preparing to lunge for the attack.

"Be carefull."

He got up and made his way past the guards with relitive ease. They had been sleeping in the noonday sun, unaware of the danger to their heads if they were caught.

Will gracefully manuvered around several large piles of lumbar and steel as well as other carptenters and iron smiths. Just as he was about to shout out his diversion, a man on the bridge of a sail shouted out.

"THE BLACK PEARL, SHE HAS RETURNED!"

Sure enough at the vast distant horizion, a small dark ship was to be seen. and it was plain to any eye that it had black sails.

"What is that fool up to?" Norrington wondered out loud.

"That fool! He's delevering himself in a giftwrap!" Gillette smiled.

"Don't be fooled." Norrington responded. "he may yet have a trick up his sleeve that I don't know about."

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Jennah_Jones on August 31, 2005, 1:25:07 AM

Jennah_Jones on
Jennah_Jonesthis is an awsome story i hope ye write more soon M'lady! lol i love the story