Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Mastermind that started it all

This story is a fanfiction that stars Alex Rider and a few other people. Hope you like it and oh, I put this is Alex Rider because there are less stories here that in Artemis Fowl. Sorry! But Alex Rider is in it.

Chapter 1 - The Mastermind that started it all

Chapter 1 - The Mastermind that started it all
Chapter 1: The Mastermind that Started it All

Artemis Fowl II sat at his desk, rapping his manicured fingernails on the hard wood, lazily searching through Google for nothing in particular.
Yes, Artemis was bored, and had been bored for a long time. He, the boy who had managed to ruse an entire race, had rescued his father from the Russian Mafia, had deceived Jon Spiro, had saved the Fairy world from a criminal genius twice, not forgetting the fact he saved the 8th Fairy specie from complete wipe-out…was bored.
Giving up criminal activities left a huge gap in his life, and he had nothing to fill it with. The only touch he had now with the fairy world was through a fairy communicator, which only rang a few times a month now. The fairy that rang him was an elf called Captain Holly Short. She used to call for help with detective missions, but now that Vinyaya, an ex-member of the fairy council had came up with a second police agency called ‘Section 8’, Holly had been taken on by them, so no longer needed Artemis’ help with P.I. work.
Her old detective partner Mulch Diggums, a flatulent dwarf, now worked with another ex-con and they have been running the Agency together instead and as far as Artemis knew, business was going well for them.
But now that the Fairy World was no longer in turmoil and Artemis had gone straight, he was bored and had nothing to do.
The only thing Artemis had been able to fill his time with was searching for rare items that didn’t belong to anyone so as he could get a challenge and be completely legal at the same time, but unfortunately the only items he considered to be valuable enough to try to take were too easy. Each of the plans that had worked had only taken a few minutes of meditation to concoct, and Artemis began to think that if he didn’t get a challenge hard enough to train his mind with, he would begin to loose his intelligence. Although it was probably impossible for that to happen, he still feared he was growing less intelligent by the minute.
So here he was now, sitting at his desk cruising through the Internet, hoping he would see something, anything that he could attempt to take with a chance that he would fail.
He had been in this position for a couple of hours now, and finally his hard work had paid off.
His miss-matched eyes fell upon one article that was named: The Jewel of hearts.
He clicked it open and read the description:

The Jewel of Hearts is merely folklore to many, about as real as magic or fairies, but to some it is a treasure of dreams.
Guarded by a spider of giant proportion, this jewel lies in a long forgotten shrine: the Temple of Time.
Many have set out to find this mysterious gem, none making it back alive. This is perhaps because to get to the Time Temple you must jump through a hole in both time and space, or possibly because the temple is said to be haunted by creatures so twisted and vile, that Hell itself rejected them.


Artemis was unimpressed by it’s description, but for some reason, the object enticed him. He felt…as if he HAD to get it, he HAD to crawl threw both time and space just to get it. It was a challenge after all, and wasn’t that what he had been looking for? He continued to read the twenty pages after that description, and became more and more enticed with every sentence. Once he had finished, he turned towards the security camera and said into it;
“Butler, come to the study please.” Artemis said, and but a minute later there stood Butler, with a quizzical look on his face. Without looking up from the computer, Artemis said to him;
“We are going to find the Jewel of Hearts. Read what is on the screen while I make a call.” Butler moved to the computer and began to read as Artemis walked out of his study to his room. Once he reached there, he took out his fairy communicator and smiled his vampire smile as he typed in a number; Holly owed him a favour.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment