Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - demons don't die

even demons die

Chapter 1 - demons don't die

Chapter 1 - demons don't die


The demon that was Goldeneye



A rainy day, demonic figures gather round a great fire. Silence overcomes and swallows everything. Until one of the dark creatures begins to speak in a strange tongue: “We've all gathered here for one reason, to say our goodbyes to Goldeneye, tribe-elder, chief, father, brother and beloved friend.

With him we should also say farewell to Ell, who was Goldeneyes friend of soul. The hellhound couldn't exist without the demon.

This fire is for both of them, they had a long and hard life and now have what they wanted most, their rest. Thus… I am confronted with my greatest task. I must honor my father's wishes by taking his crown and living on.

I am no longer prince Kaneda, son of Goldeneye, I am now lord Kaneda, king of the elemental demons.”



Kaneda seemed to be searching for words, but apparently found none, for he decided to end the meeting.

A tall, black furred and brown winged demon named Seth, started a conversation with a female demon, she was very pleasant to look at, had grey fur, purple hair and purple with pink butterfly wings.

“Hello Blizzard,” Seth started. “long time no see.”

“Not long enough I fear.” she answered. Seth pretended not to hear. He stood silently watching the fire: “I miss him already.” He sighed.

Blizzard turned to face him, surprise was written all over her face: “You? Miss Goldeneye?”

“Well of course,” Seth replied. “We were half-brothers after all.” Blizzard had to think about Seths answer: “Seth there is one thing I never understood.”

“What's that, love?”

“What did Goldeneye ever do to you? What could he have done for you to hate him this much?”

“He existed!” It was obvious Seth didn't want to talk about the matter, and he attempted to walk away from Blizzard. Unfortunately for him this girl wasn't so easily gotten rid of. His aggressive way of answering only made her more curious. She made him face her.

Her clear eyes pierced into his soul, he knew she was using her magic on him. “What could possibly be so secret that you won't even tell li'll ol' me?”

“None of your business!” Seth persisted, but Blizzard knew her charm had taken its effect. She decided to make her spell even harder to resist: “C'mon Seth, I seemed to have stumbled upon something… why not?…be a man.” Seth didn't like this: “are you assaulting my manhood?”

“I didn't say that Seth, that's what you make of it. You know how `highly' I think of you.” She said it with a sneaky smile. Seth could not resist anymore

“… Very well, if you must know, he took something from me, something that was rightfully mine. My crown!”

A familiar voice responded from behind the angered demon: “That's not true Seth and you know it!”

“And what would you know of that Raiko?!” growled Seth, he didn't like people eavesdropping.

“A lot Seth, I was goldeneye's sister remember?”

“And mine!”

Raiko sat down with the two others: “Half-sister, but don't remind me of that!” She growled: “Your father killed mine for his throne and took our mother to be his queen. So Goldeneye didn't take anything from you.”

“That's true Raiko, but my father was still king when he died, that makes me prince back then, so I should have been made king after the war, instead of that cloud headed hellhound lover.”

Blizzard wasn't used to being ignored for over 30 seconds, so she decided to butt in: “Goldeneye was somewhat older than me and no-one ever talks about those days. Please tell me what happened back when there were enough demons to form a true kingdom. Why were we nearly wiped out? Why didn't we just hide from the humans?”

As you should know by now there are little things Seth likes, being interrupted was not one of them. “Curious brat” he mumbled.

“Stop it Seth I'm not a child anymore and you know it!” although Blizzard looked and acted small and childish, she was everything but a child.

Her tree of life had over one million branches. One branch for every year she had lived.

“I will call you whatever I want girl! Besides if you want to know about the old days you'd better be nice to me, or I won't tell you anything!”

Blizzard glared at Seth: “You nasty being.”

“Much better. Still want me to tell you about the old days?”

Still glaring at Seth, Blizzard nodded: “do tell.”

Raiko laughed loudly: “This, I need to hear!”

A growl escaped Seth's lips, Blizzard noticed: “You had better calm down Seth, before you get to angry to tell the tale.” Seth calmed down a little and started to speak:

“It all began back when I was prince and Goldeneye was nothing but my slave…”

“I think we need to go back a little bit more than that.”

“Stop interfering woman! If you know this story better than I do Raiko, then why don't you tell it?”

Raiko sat up and looked Seth straight in the eyes. “Perhaps I will Seth, after all you weren't born back then.” Blizzard was getting impatient: “well someone had better start telling before I fall asleep.”

Raiko looked at Seth and took over: “As you know Blizzard, Goldeneye had one brother and two sisters. Oh… and two half-brothers of course. Of all of us Ramses was oldest, then Goldeneye, then came Unkara and me, youngest were Seth and Tigosh. Seth and Tigosh were born after the revolution, but I'll get to that later.”

“Why don't you talk about the revolution now?” Seth asked.

“Why don't you shut up before I get angry?” Raiko resumed her story. “As you know, the demonic race had a prophecy about a boy that would be separated from himself, this boy would be the most powerful demon of all and he would save the remains of our race. But he would only be able to do so if he could unite himself.”

“You two always believed that boy was Goldeneye didn't you Raiko? Blizzard?” this time it was Blizzard that answered: “Who didn't Seth? He did save us and he united with Silverstream.”

“Yes Blizzard, that he did, but think about this. The prophecy was very clear about it. The boy in question would be born separated from his other self. Goldeneye separated from Silverstream later on in his live.”

“I was getting to that Seth.” Raiko smiled but it was not clear if it was meant or not. She continued:

“When Goldeneye was born no-one believed him to be the so called T'Call (the demon saviour) although he did look unusual with his golden hair and eyes, brown fur and fiery wings. Do you remember how bright his eyes were?”

“You make it sound as if Goldeneye was born with a crown on his head!” Seth had waited for an opening: “I'll tell you why no-one believed he was the T'Call!”

“Sigh…. Very well Seth tell Blizzard why no-one believed it.”

“It was because he was weak that's why. He almost died while being born… hah! How pathetic is that? But wait there's more, Gold wasn't heir to the throne, the only reason he got the crown is because that idiot Ramses didn't want it!”

this was to much for Raiko what was Seth thinking, insulting Goldeneye and Ramses like that?

“Ramses gave the crown to Goldeneye because he knew Goldeneye was stronger and smarter than him! Ramses knew Goldeneye would make a better king than he ever could!”

Swift was Seths' reply “Phah! The only thing Goldeneye was good at was running, running away from anything that scared him that is!” he stopped for a moment and lighted a cigarette. Raiko looked at him with disgust: “That's something I'll never get used to, a demon that smokes.”

“Goldeneye smoked and you didn't hold that against him.”

“Goldeneye was a fire demon and besides, his body was almost indestructible, he couldn't die of decease, someday you will Seth!”

Blizzards face suddenly saddened: “unbelievable isn't it? Goldeneye died because someone merely slit his throat…” suddenly even Seth was quiet “But you were telling a story Seth, Raiko?” Raiko nodded: “I think this might work better if we brimmed.” (thelepathic communication) Blizzards face lighted right up: “now that's the first good idea I've heard in ages! I'll project the image okay?”

“Who else Blizzard? Earth demons can't project thoughts.” They had done this for ages, exchanging images and thoughts by soul and it was a lot easier now than their first time, because back then they were all used to talking. Now this seemed a lot easier to them, although one of them apparently still had her difficulties. “Blizz! Get those dirty thoughts out of your head and focus!”

“Sorry Raiko, it's just… Kaneda never looked this good!”

“Shut up!” Blizzard growled a bit, glared at Raiko, straightened her back and projected the image the other two sent her.









3








Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

axemsir on November 21, 2005, 3:19:07 PM

axemsir on
axemsir^_^' i haven't typed the rest yet!
it's still written on paper!