Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - bloodshed

even demons die

Chapter 3 - bloodshed

Chapter 3 - bloodshed


“I was seven, no, eight years old when it happened. Father told me the lower demons had gone berserk and that Unkara and I had to look after each other. I didn't understand much of it, but we ran anyway. That's when we noticed, chaos all around us, angry faces… we wanted to run but they wouldn't let us. I had never seen so many demons together, they started to curse, spit and claw at us. All I was aware of was the hitting, the screams and the pain. I had never felt so much pain in my life, I heard Unkara cry but I refused to show my weakness, I'd keep my dignity, I wouldn't, no couldn't cry!”

Raiko paused and closed her eyes again, it seemed her emotions had caught up with her. Blizzard wanted to comfort her friend but Raiko looked up, her eyes were dry and she continued: “that's when Gold appeared, the rest of the crowd just seemed to vanish, all I could see was him. He grabbed my sister and me and ran of, he dragged us away from the chaos, or so we thought. However, it seemed to follow us.

Later people explained to me, that we had been recognised as children of the king and the lower demons wanted the royal ones to die. They also told me the revolution was lead by your father, Seth. Sir Trinock had been furious about Aberdeens decision to withdraw and hide from the humans… sigh … if only they had listened to Goldeneye. Anyway I'm drifting of, were was I? Oh yes… Goldeneye had brought us to the highest building in the demon shelter. When we reached the top we could see a small cavern halfway into the opposite wall… unreachable. Gold tightened his grip on me and my sister and then did what none of us could,” Blizzard leaned forward in curiosity. “He flew.” Seth jumped up: “What?! No way!” He jelled. Blizzard was disappointed: “That's it? Big furry deal! Sheez! Even you can fly Raiko!”

Raiko had a strange look in her eye, as if she was dreaming. “What Blizz? Fly? Back then I couldn't, no one could. Our kind had been underground for so long that our wings had become useless.” Seth didn't believe it: “Goldeneye couldn't fly Raiko! He learned to fly after the demons had fallen, after me!”

“Trust me Seth, he flew” Raiko closed her eyes “but we were too heavy, Unkara and I. Goldeneye barely made it, he must have been exhausted, but I was too afraid to care. He told me we'd be safe here, we were too high up for the other demons to reach us. He also said he had to go get mother and Ramses and that he had to defend father.

He left, Unkara and I just sat there. She couldn't stop crying and I slipped away in some sort of waking sleep. After a while I decided to go see what was happening down below, an almost fatal mistake.

As I walked toward the edge the rebels spotted me and started to throw things. Something hit me on the head and I began to bleed. As I screamed Unkara seemed to get her senses back, she pulled me deeper into the cave and then crawled back towards the edge to get something I had dropped.

A spear was thrown, it hit her side … she lost balance and fell into the depths. Although my head still hurt, I jumped up, stumbled forward and looked down. I knew she had hit the ground, I had felt it, but I couldn't see her and I was afraid I would never look upon her again. I screamed, yelled and cried so loud, they could've heard me above ground. After that everything went black.

When I woke up I found myself in prison with my mother, Ramses and Goldeneye. Only to find out my father had perished and that I would probably spend the rest of my life in that cell.”



Raiko opened her eyes and took a deep breath, Seth didn't wait if there was more: “But you didn't, did you? My father had some mercy after all.” Raiko didn't look up “you're somewhat right Seth, but it wasn't mercy that saved us. Sir Trinock's eye had fallen on my mother, but she wouldn't marry him unless he'd release Ramses, Gold and me. And so Ramses was sent to the building site to work and I would become Trinock's personal slave. Goldeneye was too young to become a builder, so trinock had him work in the kitchens.

After a short time you came along Seth. I helped deliver you and from that first moment I wanted to push you back, squealing the way you were.

Trinock spoiled you and wanted you to have a playmate and servant in one, so he `gave' Goldeneye to you.”

Seth rejoiced, it was finally his turn: “HA! And a lot of fun we had! He was my sparring partner and I was a better fighter than he was, so I'd always win. Goldeneye didn't like that so he would start to argue with me, hahahaha!”

Raiko jumped up: “You arrogant warthog! He let you win you snivelling swine! If he hadn't let you win, you're daddy would have had him killed.”

“And that would have been a shame now, wouldn't it?” Seth smiled with sarcasm: “Come on Raiko if Goldeneye had died then and there, you wouldn't care! Or at least you wouldn't be talking like this.”

“ If Goldeneye had died, we wouldn't be talking at all. We'd be dead as well!” as the discussion worsens, Blizzard was piling up her frustration. The other two weren't paying attention to her at all.

“Could we not have this conversation?” it was no use, Blizzard couldn't get their attention no matter what she tried. Seth and Raiko just couldn't agree with each other. Seth held his ground, but so did Raiko. Blizzard was losing her patience: “Will you notice me?!” she shouted. “Geez! Listening to a story is one thing but…” speaking of stories she thought “hey aren't you guys gonna finish your story?”

“Shut up Blizz, you stay out of this!” Seth shouted but that made Raiko even angrier: “Hey that's no way to treat my niece! Apologise NOW!” for Blizzard this was the last straw: “SHUT UP!” a blue flash blinded the two arguing demons, but Blizzard wasn't finished yet: “Just shut up! Both of you! Can't we get along? For crying out loud! We're at my uncle's funeral, at least show some respect! He was your brother. Now shut up!” Seth wanted to object but Blizzard gave him the evil eye, so he decided it was best to obey her by being quiet. “Very good Raiko, Seth. Do you think you can keep this up for, say, half an hour?”

… no response

“Raiko it's Seth's turn to speak because you were finished. Can you handle that?”

Raiko nodded

“Good. Go ahead Seth, what's your side of the story?”

Seth took a deep breath: “first I'd like to make a comment about you treating us like demon pups.”

“You make it inpossible for me to treat you like adults! Now clear you mind and Brim! I'll project the image so it will be easier for you and Raiko to remember.”

The three demons closed their eyes and, after mumbling something like: “The things I do to hear a story.” Blizzard projected the image Seth sent to her. The air crackled with magic as a purple glow emerged, the glow changed into an image of goldeneye. 10 years had passed since the revolution and Trinock had not yet attacked the humans.







1








Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment