Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Begging Of Something Odd And Beautiful

Shanghai spells trouble! After trashing the house (pratically!) she is sent to live with her aunt and uncle, who in turn lets her go with her best friend Ben, the annoying cousin Gwen and Max for the summer holidays.Soon changes occur in both Ben and Shanghai. What is up with that?!
Show rewrite (ish)
BenOC

Chapter 1 - The Begging Of Something Odd And Beautiful

Chapter 1 - The Begging Of Something Odd And Beautiful
As usual, Im in trouble. BIG trouble. The oldies are yelling at me. I cant take it.
I totally lose it and I kick the coffee table over and it shattered. My so-called father yells at me to stop. I ignore him.

I picked up my school bag and hurl it at the wall. A picture of me at five, grinning toothily, fell o to the floor with a clatter.

I stamp on it with my blue wedge sandals and the glass shatters and ripped the photograph into little pieces.

They sent me to live with my aunt and uncle. I dont care. All I know is Im going to see my friend and next-door neighbor to-be.

Ben Tennyson. He goes to the same school as I do.

I angrily fold my blue Chinese dress and purple trousers.

I think to myself as I pack, Shanghai Mae Li you did it.

As I stuffed rolled up tights and neon plastic bangles into the case, my mobile went.

Hello?

Shanghai, is that you?

Yeah.

Can I ask you something?

Sure.

Do you wanna come on vacation with me, Grandpa Max and my annoying cousin Gwen?

Im already packing my case, Ben! My parents were going to send me to live with my aunt and uncle anyway!

We laughed for a while.

So, when are you coming to the neighborhood?

Tonight.

Shanghai! What are you doing?

Finishing the packing! I yelled back.

Gotta go, Ben! Im leaving the house in a minute. See ya later and when are we leaving?

Tomorrow. Im telling Grandpa youre coming too.

Bye.

Bye. I say then hung up.

Shanghai, are you done?

Yes.

Lugging my luggage (A suitcase, a rucksack and the bag containing my laptop) to the car, neither of my parents speaking to me.

We loaded up the car and set off.

The journey was pretty uneventful, no one speaking to each other.

We got to the house and my aunt was at the door and whisked me in.

As soon as I settled into my new room and my estranged parents had left, the doorbell rang.

I slipped out of the room and stood on the landing, I heard Bens voice, asking for me. Then my aunt called for me (Believe me, my aunt and uncle are nice& Seriously.) and I came crawling (Not literally).

We pretty much talked and my aunt came out and I asked her if I could go with Ben, Gwen and their grandpa on vacation and guess what.

She said yes!

As soon as she disappeared, we hugged each other, but little did we know, it was the start of the eventful summer that changed both our lives.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment