Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - An Intro

This is all I have. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to do next.

Chapter 1 - An Intro

Chapter 1 - An Intro
Beep beep. Beep beep. Beep beep. The alarm clock continued to sing in its high-pitched voice. Five minutes passed…then ten minutes.

A grunt was issued from underneath many sheets on a bed. A hand shot out and groped for the clock, switching it off after stumbling to its front. The hand then lifted the sheets off the bed. A blond-haired boy looked out. He turned his head toward the clock and shot out of bed. He dashed out his bedroom to the front door, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. The sink flashed on and off as he cleaned himself up – brushing his teeth, using the bathroom, etc. He dashed back into his room and slipped on a shirt from his drawer and threw on a pair of pants. He grabbed his backpack and glasses and headed downstairs.

“It’s about time you got up, Xander,” his elder sister said from the kitchen. She walked into the room, with a shoulder bag in hand. “I made you waffles,” she explained, handing him two toasted pastries. “The bus will be here in thirty minutes. I need to go to school early to tutor a kid. I’ll see you later.” They walked out the door together and she headed toward her car.

“See ya later, Silvia,” he mumbled. He cut across the lawn onto the sidewalk and watched her pull out. He continued down the road to an intersection and waited with other kids from the street. The other kids never even looked at him as he approached, continuing with their conversations. They paused their talking to get on the bus, where the noise was even louder as kids were talking about homework, teachers, video games, and crushes.

“Are you going to buy Virtua after-school? They’re launching the public servers today.”

“Yeah. Couldn’t go last night because my parents kept me in to study.”

“Do you think the Council will be online for the opening?”

“Only one way to find out. Want to swap usernames so we can meet?”

Xander listened to the two boys talk about the newest video game, Virtua. It was the only game so far that used virtual reality and the VR Helms. Waiting in line to buy it last night stole his sleep from him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment