Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Uploading

This is all I have. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to do next.

Chapter 2 - Uploading

Chapter 2 - Uploading
“I know the Council is composed of Dylan Banisher, Pyro Manz, and Cole Slaw. Anyone else?”

“Not that I know of. There are rumors already that they are going to start adding to the Council once the servers are open to the public, though. Maybe they’ll reveal a new one.”

The game had gotten a lot of hype over the past few weeks. The creators, which are the Council, were pretty rich when they pooled their money. They could afford advertising – they even did a closed alpha test, which they sent game packages to random people. Xander watched as the bus slowed to a halt in the lot to drop off the kids. Everybody stood up to get off.

Xander walked into homeroom with his books and took a seat at the front of the class. A couple of kids were already in from earlier buses. After more kids came in, the teacher started roll-call.

“Aramandi, Arthur”

“Here”

“Besales, Martin”

“Here”

She slowly worked her way down the line until, “Zecandela, Xander”

“Here,” Xander said monotonously.

The morning announcements soon started up on the loudspeaker. Xander turned his mind towards what his character would be. Soon, the bell for classes rang.
Later that day, immediately after school, Xander walked into his bedroom. He pulled some books out of his bag and answered some questions. After a few minutes, he looked at the clock. 3:58. The servers launched at 5. He jumped off his bed and grabbed a plastic bag on the floor, pulling out a game case and a visor.

“Virtua” was written in Gothic lettering on the front of the game case, showing background images of mages casting spells and warriors battling demons. He opened the case and stuck the CD into his computer. He came to the teal screen that starts up a program. About to start, he heard a door close downstairs.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment