Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Need any help?

This is all I have. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to do next.

Chapter 5 - Need any help?

Chapter 5 - Need any help?
He felt a force push on his chest, then found himself in a clearing with other players. They were all chatting.

“Omigosh omigosh omigosh! I can’t wait. When do they insert us into the world?” a young girl nearby asked.

An older boy, probably in his late teens, answered, “Five exactly, VHT or EST.”

Another boy, younger than the first one by only a little bit, pulled out a watch. “Two minutes.”

All the players’ character images looked antsy. Some were twiddling their thumbs, others were dancing, some boys were wrestling, and the youngest of the kids were running around between other players. Xonder smiled, sharing the adrenaline of the other players. His hands were twitching with excitement as he watched other players enter.

Suddenly, a bright flare of light appeared off to the side. Another flare followed opposite it. Everyone backed away as Pyro Manz and Dylan Banisher stepped out of them.

“Looks like we got a good crew in the scrap server,” Pyro Manz laughed, pulling down the hood of his red robe. His short dark red hair was sticking up with a tuft of blond at the front. He was the tallest person in the area.

Dylan drew his sword. “Are you guys ready?” he yelled, raising his sword in the air. The whole crowd cheered.

“Then let’s launch the server, Pyro!” he ordered. Pyro raised a metal staff with a red crystal on the end. It flared, then the meadow transformed into a town. There were players standing on the buildings in the town, watching the new players come in. They raised their weapons in greeting to the new players, some of who saluted back.

Another adult player, dressed like a cook, walked out of a stall to address the players. “Welcome everyone to Virtua. For those of you who actually read the instruction manual, you’ll know this area is the hometown, or Newtown. For those who don’t, well you know now,” Cole Slaw stated. “If you have any questions, feel free to ask the Alphars and Betars. The first portal should be up in a few minutes, while we run some last minute tests.” Pyro, Dylan, and Cole disappeared, replaced by the green words “Log Out”, which soon faded.

Xonder looked around at the roofs. People were doing mad scrambles to get up on them using ladders. Looking around, Xonder spotted a stall’s roof close to a low building roof. Fighting the crowd, he pulled onto the stall and hung his feet off.

“Need any help?” a fully covered cleric asked. She leaned over her roof and dangled her staff. Xonder grinned and grabbed it. He saw her pull back with a lot of effort, as he walked up the wall.

“Next time, use a ladder please. I can’t go dragging every newbie up the walls,” the cleric said. She had her hood up, so her face wasn’t showing. Her robes were long sleeved and long in the legs, with silver thread. He grinned at her.

“Alphar or Betar?” he asked her as she turned to answer questions from the crowd.

“Both,” she stated before the crowd swallowed her. “And when the portal comes up, just target it and command in ‘Use’. It’ll get flooded before you have a chance to get within ten yards range.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment