Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - A pinecone?

This is all I have. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to do next.

Chapter 8 - A pinecone?

Chapter 8 - A pinecone?
Melody looked around. “This is First Forest. A lot of the monsters here are low level. We should be able to take them out quickly. We’ll need to watch for other parties; they may have landed nearby. This is one of the few battle zones that can land you anywhere on the map.”

Xonder spotted a large chipmunk in a tree. He targeted it. Forest Chipmunk, Lvl 1, 5 health. He walked up to the tree it was hiding in and banged the flat of his wooden blade against it. The chipmunk leapt out of the tree at him. Xonder thrust out his sword and stepped back, slicing the chipmunk. 4 health.

Shadeflare banged the chipmunk with his staff. Melody strummed a harsh chord. “I think we’ll only do one damage to it at a time. No point in wasting spells yet,” Shadeflare explained. The chipmunk bit Xonder.

“Owww…” Xonder complained. “That actually hurt.”

“You can turn the damage settings off after the battle. That’ll stop it from hurting you physically, but your health will still go down,” Melody explained. “Attack him again!” Xonder and Shadeflare both lashed out and hit the chipmunk.

Forest Chipmunk. 0 health. Combat Rewards: 4 experience, 1 pinecone.

“Do we each get 4 experience, or is that for the whole party?” Xonder asked.

“It calculates it as each. There is a total of 12 experience per chipmunk. Players that deal the most damage get the most experience during the battle, and ties go to the faster player,” Shadeflare informed the party. “And what the heck are we supposed to do with a pinecone?”

“Maybe it is a quest item?” Xonder offered. “You never know. Maybe some NPC wants to grow pine trees, so they need pinecones that contain seeds?”

“Sounds reasonable enough for rookies. And you might want to turn off the damage settings, Xonder. You have 14/15 health left,” Melody replied.

“Right…Settings. Damage. Toggle,” Xonder commanded in.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment