Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Concerned

This is all I have. I'd really appreciate suggestions on what to do next.

Chapter 13 - Concerned

Chapter 13 - Concerned
“So, how did the game run? No glitches or lag or that sort of thing?” Silvia asked.

Xonder slurped his noodle. “None at all. They really got it working. I suspect trouble in the future from too many people on the servers, but I think there’ll be enough money for new servers.”

Silvia sat back. “As soon as there is lag, I want you off. You don’t know what will happen once the servers get screwed up.”

Xonder nearly choked. “So you drive me out to buy the game…and then say I can’t play it once it lags? That sucks!”

Silvia turned her eyes to him. Unusually serious, she commented, “That technology is still new. What if you try to log out when the game is laggy and find out that you are stuck because of it? You’d be trapped in a coma if we unplugged you, but it’s the only way to get you food. I don’t want that happening.”

Xonder could see the concern in her eyes, giving them a depth he did not recognize. He smiled slightly and nodded. “I understand. I’m guessing that I should go to shower.”

“Probably. I don’t want you having two late nights in a row, so I expect you to be reading or studying, not playing video games until the crack of dawn. Go get your stuff ready. I want you in and out.”

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment