Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Abduction

a story about this girl who is kidnapped into a parallel dimension. (basis for my later story- since disappeared)

Chapter 1 - Abduction

Chapter 1 - Abduction


Arya couldn't sleep, the room was too bright and her thoughts kept on wandering. Right now she was thinking about her Mythology midterm she had the next day. She loved mythology, she felt as if she had a connection to the character in the myths and fairytales. She felt akin to several `species,' none more than the elves. Those tall, graceful begins, more beautiful than any on earth, and dangerously magical at that. There they go again, wandering to the most stupid things, she thought. She was going to pass, no doubt about that, but she really wanted a good grade, 95 or higher. That would take a bit more work.

The small lump at the foot off her bed twisted in its sleep. Arya sat up to look at her cat's shimmering black fur, and tiny paws thrown carelessly around. Arya reached out to make sure the animal did not fall off the bed. Before she could get close to the cat, a golden eye shot open, startling Arya a bit. With a flash the cat was stretching on her chest, seemingly pushing her down back into the bed. “Okay! Sheeba, I get it, I'll go to sleep!” She could not remember a time when Sheeba was not around, watching with those golden eyes, able to penetrate anything, or so it seemed. As soon as she lay back down, Sheeba curled up in the niche made by her neck and shoulders, as if to keep her down.



She eyes snapped open, something was wrong. She felt someone else in the room, and it wasn't Sheeba. She had the strange habit of sensing people before she could actually see them. It actually creeped people out a lot, and that was fun. Slowly she raised herself into a sitting position, making sure not to wake up Sheeba, but nothing went past her. She was on her feet before Arya even moved. In the corner of her room, sprawled across her desk chair, was a well-muscled young man. He was maybe a year older than her, not much more. He had something alien about him; it probably had to do with his careless grace. Other than that he was pretty normal, he had blondish brown hair and a golden brown color in his eyes. Without even talking to him, she could tell that he was a very self-indulgent begin, it seemed to radiate in his aura.

“What do you want?” asked Arya, a bit scared of his answer. It was not like she was defenseless, she had a long list of martial arts she had learned at some point in the past and she recently had started sword fighting. There was even a bow and a couple arrows in the corner near her bookcase, opposite to the boy.

“I only want to bring you back where you belong. I was sent here to take you back home,” he said as if he found all of this amusing.

“What do you mean by `back home'?” asked Arya, terrified out of her wits. She had been seeing too many CSIs lately. The last one was about a girl who was kidnapped in the middle of the night by some crazy wackjob. It was much like what was happening now, only he seemed entirely sane. “Who are you?” she asked before he could answer.

“I am Bellethiel Tengarason, prince of Sedena,” he said, laughing at the look of pure shock on Arya's face. Wow, this guy really is crazy. Bellethiel is in one of the stories I needed to study for my midterm. She thought, trying to see what he could get out of saying that. “Come with me,” he whispered. Suddenly she realized that she could not resist him. While she climbed out of bed, Sheeba started to hiss loudly.

“Silence her, she will wake the entire house!” Bellethiel hissed back with an uneasy urgency. Without warning he grabbed her and they disappeared from the room.



The few moments between her room and wherever they were going felt like ages. It felt like her mind was being wrenched from her body and was drifting in eternal space, all alone.

Suddenly she was falling. After what seemed like forever she landed on a soft feather bed, in a room decorated by someone who had nothing better to do than waste money. Bellethiel landed next to her a few seconds later, and as soon as he touched the mattress he rolled over and had her trapped beneath his grip. Slowly he lowered his mouth so it touched her neck while she was trying everything she knew to get away from him. Nothing worked.

“Do you never listen? Father said to bring her back here not rape her… or terrify her for that matter,” said someone behind them.

“Eleniel, what are you doing here?” asked Bellethiel, jumping off the bed, as if it could show innocence. As soon as Arya was free, she ran off herself and stood near the far wall, watching the battle of wits going on between them.

“I can sense magic, and knowing you, I suspected something sinister. I guess I was right, now let that girl go.” Eleniel said with surprising authority.

“You can't tell me what to do, you were born ten minutes after me. I am the older child, I don't have to do as you say,” said Bellethiel, hoping that his brother would agree.

“That's true, but father said that you weren't allowed to do anything but bring her back, and you obviously did a little more. If you don't want to be in even more trouble, I suggest you stop arguing with me,” said Eleniel, smiling at his brother.

“Arrg! Someday you will pay for your… never mind,” said bellethiel, walking out of the room. As he left another man entered the room, he looked like he was about 50. His gray hair and wise look in his eyes did not betray his age.

“This is Sir Palenovar, he's the head chamberlain of the palace.” Said Eleniel.

Palace! Oh gods what have I gotten myself into! Thought Arya.

“Come with me, I will bring you to your rooms,” said Sir Palenovar, leading her out the door and down the hall. They climbed a beautiful curving staircase with carved handrails and down another beautiful hallway with tapestries hanging on the walls depicting scenes of glorious battles and parties. At some point they stopped in front of a wooden door with a silver sun and moon on the door.

Sir Palenovar opened the door and said, “we hope that you find you room to your liking. If you need anything feel free to ask Medea. She will be your maid from now on.” he then walked out of the room and off to do some unknown duty, but Arya did not care. She was too amazed by the simple beauty of her room to notice anything. Off to one wall there was a four-poster bed with a silk canopy and bed sheets, and a gigantic mountain of pillows. On the other side there was a desk, bookcase, and a closet and mirror where there was an assortment of dresses and gowns spread about. On the wall in front of her was a window that took almost the entire wall. Along it's bottom edge there was a bench with even more cushions. It seemed like she had fallen in a Disney princess movie. A woman of maybe 25 entered the room.

“What are you wearing?” she asked with a gasp.

“Umm…”was all Ayra could say before she was dragged to the pile of gown and forced to try every single one on. After a lot of arguing, they settled for a dark blue dress with long sleeves and a decent cleavage. Then she was forced down on a stool in front of the mirror. Medea was brushing Arya's dirty-blonde hair when Arya realized something was wrong. As she pushed a loose lock of her hair behind her ear, she had to raise her hand higher. Her ears were pointy! An urge to look at it in the mirror confirmed her suspicions. Luckily, after a through inspection she realized that nothing else had changed. She relaxed a little, and Medea started to do some sort of intricate knot on top of Arya's head. Once she was done Medea started to pick up and put away all the discarded clothing while Arya examined the books in the bookcase. The books were written in a language different than English or French, she could only make out a couple words in the entire bookcase, and she wasn't even sure they were correct. Cautiously she took a book out of the collection and sat on the windowsill, attempting to read it.

“Since when can you read Elvin?” asked a distinct male voice. She looked up quickly and relaxed when she saw Eleniel leaning against the doorway. The twins really were different; Bellethiel looked more muscular and had a darker tan, while his brother looked like one who spent his time with books.

“I can't, but you can think what ever you want,” said Arya turning back to examining a delicate picture in the book.

“I could teach you if you want.” Eleniel said.

“Okay… you sure you don't mind?” Arya asked. When she saw the look of complete incomprehension on his face she laughed and said, “it means yes.”

“Anyways, I came here to tell you that you are to be introduced to the people in a week. On the next Restday meal, you are to come and eat with us. You will be introduced to all the nobles and their families.” He said obviously embarrassed that he had not known what she had meant before. The Medea walked into the room carrying towels.

“Oh, your highness, am I interrupting anything? Should I leave?” asked Medea in obvious distress.

“No, I was going to leave anyways… see you soon Arya, I will ask my parents about the reading lessons.” Eleniel said, leaving the room. As soon as he was gone Arya continued to unconsciously remove the pins that held her hair up in place. As soon as her hair was free of it's bonds she walked over to the bed and said, “I'm going to bed Media, do whatever you want.” She sank into the bed gratefully and fell asleep almost as soon as he got under the covers. She hardly noticed Medea picking up the book he had recently been trying to read.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment