Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Prologue

this isn't exactly my favorite story, but it's quite decent and input for reviewers can only help it (i think...)

Chapter 1 - Prologue

Chapter 1 - Prologue


She was screaming. Her mother lay next to her; slowly dying from the mortal wound her father had given her. Her father suddenly stood up. He attempted at throwing the knife at her several times, each time he had missed.

“You filthy half-blood! You and your kind will never survive to take control of this nation! Never, you hear me!” screamed her father as he lunged at her. She was frozen in place by terror, and her instinct for survival had kicked in and, even though she was only a child of 2 years, she reached out her mind to the knife flying towards her. Not knowing what she was doing she threw it with her mind to the general area of her father's heart. It hit, true to its mark and he fell over onto the luxurious feather bed behind him. She quickly ran to her mother.

“Never forget who you are, little one. Your day will come and you will do extraordinary things, never doubt that,” her mother said. She was quiet for a while as she spasmed. “I ask only one thing of you, little princess, live your life without the lies that they will try to teach you.” Her mother was dead. The little girl started to sob uncontrollably.

Then a woman walked into the room and gasped, “Kiralinda! What happened?”



“So, you've decided, you are joining the army tomorrow. Why don't you go any pack your things, Tarja, that way you can get into town early,” said a woman holding a basket of eggs on her hip.

“Fine,” mumbled an eleven years old boy. He had very little to pack; only a silver ring that his mother had given to him when she died a change of clothes. He was the youngest of the family and no one but his mother had ever expected great things form him, and now she was dead, she had been dead for two years now. His father had remarried only a year after that and they already had a child coming. “I'll go say goodbye to everything and everybody,” he said, but he had no intention to do so, he was going to visit his mother's grave.

As he walked down the path to the tree-lined glade where his mother rested. Right before the grave was a perfectly smooth stone where he sat every time he came here. “Bye mom, I'm going to join the army. Maybe I'll do something great, I'll be a war hero or something. I'm going to miss you.” Suddenly he stopped talking he had heard a crack coming from the woods.

“I told you that he would be perfect!” said a strange fluid voice.

“He's still young, he will have a lot to learn. But I do believe that this is the one the prophecy talks about.” Said another voice, this one sounded male, though.

“Who are you? What do you want?” cried out Tarja, terrified.

“We are but humble forest dwellers trying to tell you about a prophecy that you will take a major role in.” said a man stepping out of the trees. He looked young, maybe in his twenties, but his voice resounded with the knowledge o old age. “But where are my manners? I am Galen and this is Faraday.” He said motioning to the beautiful woman on his left.

“You are the one who will find the star-child, my sister. You have to lead her here so that she can be trained. Please bring here her whole!” said the woman almost begging.

“Calm down Faraday, he doesn't know the prophecy. The prophecy was given to us hundred of years ago. We have read the stars and we believe that you play role in it. And this is it:

A half-breed child will be born,

From the womb of a human,

And the blood of one of the horn,

She will be superhuman.



She will be betrayed from every side.

Her future will be sealed.

Only with one will the treason subside,

That one will become her shield.



You will know her by her sapphire,

And the enchantress' ring she will later receive.

She controls water, air, earth and fire,

We can only imagine what she will achieve.”



“Yeah, you have your little prophecy but what am I in there?” asked Tarja, not really believing what he was hearing, or seeing.

“We believe that you are the `shield' that the Prophecy talks about. You will meet the Half-breed child and when you do, you must make sure to bring her here. Her magic will need proper training. The prophet mentions something of grave importance that she will do, but we don't know what.” Said Faraday gravely.

“So, I'm going to meet this girl and she's going to do something big that could affect the world. Are you serious?” exclaimed Tarja thinking that they were all a little crazy.

“This is no joke! It will happen and you will take a pat in it,” she said then she turned to her companion, “let us go, this young child needs to get ready for his departure to the army.”

“How did you know-?” said Tarja, his eyes wide in surprise.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment