Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Can't They do Anything Else?

Okay. I'm bored. Do not expect this to be a very good story. Not actually fanart of anything, because I can do that kind of stuff. :)

Chapter 2 - Can't They do Anything Else?

Chapter 2 - Can't They do Anything Else?
Lea “Indigo” Robins- 6:25 p.m. Friday 30th - Thompson’s house [/font]
Indigo sat cross-legged on the bed. It wasn`t her bed. It was Shelby Thompson’s bed. Indy hadn’t wanted to come over to Shelby’s house, but she had been dragged along by Clara. She didn’t much like Shelby, and she wasn’t Clara’s biggest fan either, even though Clara thought they were best friends.
Clara and Shelby were talking about boys. That’s pretty much all they ever talked about. Probably the one thing Indy cared about less than Shelby and Clara was who she wanted to kiss tomorrow. Right now they were talking about Jason, and who he would ask out first.
“So what do you think Lea?” Clara asked.
‘Lea’. Indy didn’t really like her name. Why couldn’t they just call her ‘Indigo’?
Indy flicked her long black hair out of her face. The ends had been dyed purple, as it was her favorite color. “I think you have the right positive attitude Clara, but Shelby has better looks,” she said in in an attempt to sound like she cared. What she said was true though. Shelby’s blond hair and deep brown eyes looked great, and Clara was extremely optimistic most of the time.
“Told you,” Shelby mocked.
“Told me what?” Clara asked.
“Told you he was going to ask me first.”
“Since when was he going to ask you first?”
“Just now, when Lea said I was more attractive.”
Right now all Indy wanted was to go back to her room and be alone, and listen to her father’s guitar while she sat in her pillows. Why had she let Clara drag her into this?
Clara and Shelby were arguing now, over whether Jason would care more about attitude or beauty.
“A boy always likes a girl with a positive attitude to keep him happy.” Clara said.
“Well, if the girl is good-looking, it wouldn’t matter how upbeat she was, because looking at her pretty face will cheer him up twice as well!” Shelby hollered back.
They seem pretty absorbed in the argument, Indigo thought. Maybe I can slip away.
“Maybe if you cared more about Jason’s personality than his looks, you would see my point!” Clara shouted.
“I do care about Jason’s personality, it`s you who cares more about his looks!” Shelby retorted.
Indy slid quietly off the bed.
“You don’t even like Jason do you?”
“I do too!”
She inched towards the door.
“No you don’t, you just want him to kiss you so you can show off!”
“I do not!”
She slowly turned the handle.
“You do too! That’s all you want is to show off!”
“It’s you who wants to show off!”
Can't they do anything else? She thought. She inched the door open. Almost there.
“I hate you!”
“I hate you too!”
“I never want to talk to you again!”
“Neither do I!”
Indy slowly shut the door behind her. She was out. Free. She took off down the stairs and down the street to her house.

She was so exhilarated form the escape of Shelby and Clara that she almost didn’t notice how quiet her house was when she walked through the door. Almost. My house is never quiet, she thought. And indeed it wasn’t. There was always her mother banging around the house determined to do some crazy project, and her father rocking out on his electric guitar. Where are they? She decided to let it slide. She should enjoy the peace while it lasted.
But she couldn’t quite enjoy it through the nervous feeling in her gut.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

_ren_tao_fan_ on September 19, 2012, 11:06:16 AM

_ren_tao_fan_ on
_ren_tao_fan_I want to know what HAPPENS. :O
You have sucked me into the story.