Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The battle at Ihilio-Tar, the passing of a hero

After putting down the first book, you study the second; a leather bound book, stating on the inside:

THE HISTORY OF GAIACARIUS
BOOK II

It's a bigger book than the last one,you enjoy reading, so you turn the cover over and begin to read

Chapter 1 - The battle at Ihilio-Tar, the passing of a hero

Chapter 1 - The battle at Ihilio-Tar, the passing of a hero
BOOK II

The Battle to the Depths of Death

Chapter I: the battle at Ihilio-Tar, the passing of a hero


There were many skirmishes between the two forces, many of which hold no significant turning point. But the battle at Ihilio-Tar, a rocky desert valley is of some importance, as it showed the defeat of Ormus, the greatest general of heaven.

Ihilio-Tar is a dried river, which in this day and age has many Orc settlements nestled in it, one of which is the region’s capital: Aish-Talan. Ihilio-Tar is in the south-eastern desert region of Acaron
Gyorgious had the valley rigged, as he had planned with Min, who relished the thought of a trap against the army of Ormus. Looking north of the hill that Gyorgious had set up camp on, he saw the Seraphim charging down towards them, riding on the backs of white stallions. They got no further than 40 feet away when Gyorgious dropped his right arm sharply, signalling to spring the trap; Thousands of large rocks and boulders cascaded down into the valley, crushing the majority of the charging Seraphim.

Ormus, seeing his men’s spirits lowered by falling into a trap, prepared to give the signal to fall back and regroup. It was at that point that Min gave out a piercing, high pitched scream, and instantly, to Ormus’ horror, skeletal arms ruptured through the dry earth, clutching the legs of the horses and foot soldiers. More arms broke through; these had greyed flesh, some with large portions of flesh missing. Screams came from the Seraphim as Skeletons tore through them with rusted, serrated blades, and Zombies gnawing chunks of flesh from the angels’ necks.

Ormus knew that the battle could’ve been turned against Gyorgious if action was taken now, so he drew his sabre and rushed out to face the horde of creatures. He would fight bravely, even managing to climb the rocks and come face to face with the demon king himself, in which he would have clash with him.
Ormus, however, had forgotten that the demon was in part a snake, which gave him a major advantage in speed and reflexes. Gyorgious moved around the Seraphim captain with sickening speed, before dealing a heavy blow to Ormus with his axe, ‘Haasan’.
The blow cleaved through Ormus as I he was made of paper, it tore him in two.

According to the tomes inside the library of the Seraphim; there virtually no survivors that returned from this battle. The few who did return were not fit to serve again in the army, they were missing limbs, horribly disfigured, or they were so frightened by what they had seen or experienced, that they became completely withdrawn, and refused to say anything to anyone.
Gyorgious observed what remained of the Seraphim army; dismembered bodies and a scattered assortment of armour and weapons. Supposedly, He gave Min a nod; telling her to dispel the creatures she’d summoned. She did so, the zombies disappeared in a sandstorm, and the skeletons turned to dust, before being scattered in the winds.
Gyorgious had gained his first major victory against the armies of heaven, and used this momentum to continually crush the Seraphim one battle after another.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment