Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Ormus' Disciple

After putting down the first book, you study the second; a leather bound book, stating on the inside:

THE HISTORY OF GAIACARIUS
BOOK II

It's a bigger book than the last one,you enjoy reading, so you turn the cover over and begin to read

Chapter 2 - Ormus' Disciple

Chapter 2 - Ormus' Disciple
BOOK II

The Battle to the Depths of Death

Chapter II: Ormus’ Disciple

As Gyorgious won one battle after another, the Seraphim became increasingly desperate; after losing Ormus, they needed someone else to replace their fallen general. They went through several decisions before they made their decision final; Daisuke Toyama, Ormus’ own disciple, whom Ormus had taught everything he knew, a perfect choice. Daisuke was a talented individual; both skilled in concoction of elixirs and fighting, he had a strong mind, and excelled in strategic planning.

Daisuke decided that fighting the demons in places like forest and valleys was just giving them a free advantage; so he concluded that they needed to be fought out in the open. Many of the elders disagreed with Daisuke’s proposal to fight at Drakendale; a large, sparse field, perfect open territory. Gyorgious could not launch any real ambushes using materials around him,. And if Min were present, her powers would prove useless, as Drakendale was considered a sacred ground by the locals, no one was to be buried there, this reason of sanctity was why the elders dismissed his proposal to fight there from the start . Daisuke was not happy with this for two reasons:
I: Drakendale was the main, if not the most inconspicuous route to the monastery of Icecove Hill, what could be described as the main vein into heaven.
II: He was certain that Gyorgious would choose this route; there was practically no defence on the part of the humans in this region, which was now called ‘The Empire of the Seven Moons’. Maybe a few local brigands, thieves and cut-throats, but they would bend their knees before this demonic army, and join their cause, only to be slaughtered later on.


Daisuke then protested that it was the right thing to do for another reason; not far from Drakendale was a small village known as Florentina. Although it was a small village no more than 200 villagers, at the least, its inhabitants were very devoted to the religion of the Seraphim. This, Daisuke had disputed as politely as he could, was hazardous, as Gyorgious would certainly not hesitate to teach those who do not worship him ‘discipline’. The elders then thought on this point, and after much deliberation, they reluctantly agreed to let Daisuke train new recruits and prepare for the inevitable battle against the seemingly unstoppable forces of Gyorgious.
Daisuke trained a legion of 5000 men, each company consisted of 100 men led by a Seraphim ‘Blood Hunter’; a warrior skilled in all forms of combat. These units turned out to be just what Daisuke had hoped for. He also enlisted the aid of the inhabitants of Gaiacarius; there is a forest, not far from Drakendale, to the north called ‘Khorad- Kur’. Here live the Dryads (or wood elves) Daisuke approached the Dryads with an arrangement: If they could help him in the coming battle with Gyorgious, he would persuade the locals to stop the felling of the trees of Khorad-Kur, this appealed to the Dryads, as the continual logging was destroying their home.

Daisuke even enlisted the help of the Seraphim’s secret weapon: Ssisilith; the Ancient Dragon that was the guardian of Icecove Hill monastery. She had agreed to aid Daisuke with no doubts, as she’d regarded his mentor highly and was more than happy to see an end to Gyorgious.
And so, Daisuke was ready to confront the demon king at Drakendale…

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment