Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Yakko Page 1

In order to get into a characters personality, while warming up to write a story, I usually take the time with the harder characters to try and become them by writing some paragraphs about them thinking of the people around them. Funny, now this has become a story itself.

Chapter 2 - Yakko Page 1

Chapter 2 - Yakko Page 1
Chapter Two: Yakko Page 1



Seconds, minutes, hours, days, weeks, and so many years have passed ever so slowly as we continue to live in the Warner Brothers Water Tower. Now as a poor cartoon orphan with no family or actual home what so ever Im not complaining. Still, without the animation business to keep us living in these conditions, we have slowly lost most of our belongings. We are the Warner Siblings, Im Yakko and as the oldest I continue to try and guide my younger siblings Wakko and Dot to becoming the best they can be. Also as the oldest, in the past, I had become well aware of the types of ways to get us food and a little bit of money on the streets by being cartoons. Im not saying we had a choice, but before we had been trying to survive on the streets begging.

I guess you could say Dot was the first to find her talent. Here was this adorable little girl, her luscious black fur coated with white on her face and feet, the red nose, the cute tail and outfit, when we had first found a mirror she knew she was cute. If I remember, that mirror we found was in fact a broken one, aaah, well anyway; she was the first to use her talent. I was the second, of course I didnt find being number two being very flattering, but it was the order.

Besides Wakko, I was always the silent type before we had ever started up anything in our career, so I would always be observant of conversations, not to mention Televisions and Radio. The basics where I had learned to make my smart aleck, and sarcastic remarks. Thus I actually was Yakko, yakking up a storm with anyone I found annoying or a friend.

Wakko was a bit different, he had never spoken for the longest time, and so he was known to be the silent comic relief. Even though he never talked he would always make us smile. When I had told the two about going into comedy Wakko immediately started to teach us different wacky and insane faces. No one knows why Wakko has his tongue always sticking out of that wide smile, but my theory is that he stretched it out while eating. I remember the day when Wakko first spoke in front of us. We had finally gained enough money for some take out and Wakko was gulfing it down, just as we were, as Dot and I where busy eating we never noticed Wakkos need for us to tell him where the ketchup was.







Dot and Yakko snarled and ate the food gulping loudly, the most unpleasant sounds one could make while eating where being made from the two. Wakko sat there looking back and forth at the two as he tried to gesture them to stop. The two kept fiercely eating their food, Wakko looking distressed at his siblings, hoping for a reply to the look in his eye. At last, Yakko had his mouth stuffed with a combination of fries, hamburger and water he managed to say a word.

"Wha?" Yakko asked.

Wakko kept looking at Yakko, blinking at him; Yakko swallowed a portion of his mouthful and asked again.

"Wha?" Yakko asked.

Wakko looked to his fries then to Yakko with pleading eyes. It pained Yakko to see his sibling wanting for his help but he knew he had to talk some time. Yakko continued to eat his food, not keeping his eyes off of Wakko he gulped down some water.

Yakko set down his cup and pointed to Wakkos fries. "You gonna eat those?" He asked.

Wakko gave a small gasp that Yakko could barely pick up; though he saw in his eyes it was loud and clear. Yakko began to reach for the fries, Dot stopped in her tracks and swallowed slowly. Wakko looked even more horrified at Yakkos hand as it reached more to his fries, Wakko bit his lip and grabbed his ears as he started to breath heavily. Wakkos mouth opened a slight more, Yakkos hand drawing closer as his black eyes traced Wakkos.

"YES!!" he cried as he covered the fries with his body.

His Liverpool accent spilled out of his mouth as he pleaded; "Dont eat them, I really want them, all I wanted was the ketchup!" He cried.

Yakko blinked at Wakko for a moment then smiled widely. "Why didnt you say so?" Yakko asked.

Dot gave Yakko a dirty look, but he only shrugged at her. "What?" He asked. Dot threw a napkin at Yakko and then looked to Wakko.







Wakkos voice was like music to our ears, it had turned out that he was subconscious about his accent, since we have never been around anyone with the accent or have had one ourselves he was extremely embarrassed. Though he had learned fairly quickly that we loved him the way he was.

This might be very confusing but when we first came to Warner Brothers they wanted us to do Animaniacs, a show about cartoon characters who where retired, locked inside the Water Tower and come back out to cause chaos and mayhem. As soon as the show was cancelled, with nowhere else to go, we asked if we could actually live inside the Water Tower. Talk about your work becoming apart of your life.

Now in the present, it has been a lot harder than in the cartoon we had done. The luxury of being a cartoon somewhat got to our heads, and we have had a few emotional problems. No more individual trailers, no hair and makeup designers working around you all day, especially the hot ones, and worst of all no one even expects us to pay anymore, it may sound generous but the Tower is like a prison. The food is only brought up to the Tower if we DO decide to pay, we arent supposed to leave the Tower, and we cant connect with anyone outside. We used to have a phone, but now all we have is a TV. Cutting the cable, no more DVD player, no radio.

Wakkos constant wailings for food has died down a bit as he tries to get used to having a more humane apatite. Dots complaints of every little thing have calmed, with the realization that its best to be happy with what you have. I cant complain about them though, Ive been a tad too bossy this whole week, something that neither one of them liked about me.

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Elen on June 8, 2006, 9:18:24 PM

Elen on
ElenAaaaww it's so sweet! ^___^

InvdrDana on June 8, 2006, 12:19:13 PM

InvdrDana on
InvdrDanaIt's weird seeing this side of them, but also cool.... ^_^