Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Desperate Dreams

There’s no business like… cartoon business?! Will the Warners decide to end their scene inside the Warner Brothers Lot for good? Yakko thinks so, but what if his siblings think otherwise? The fate of desperate change is in Yakko’s hands, will he choose to be with his Hollywood Crush over his family?

Chapter 1 - Desperate Dreams

Chapter 1 - Desperate Dreams
Animaniacs; Show Business


Summary; There's no business like... cartoon business?! Will the Warners decide to end their scene inside the Warner Brothers Lot for good? Yakko thinks so, but what if his siblings think otherwise? The fate of desperate change is in Yakko's hands, will he choose to be with his Hollywood Crush over his family?

Disclaimer/Warning... Thing: I don't own the show Animaniacs, and I don't own anything Warner Brothers. Just a note that might help you; this is contained within The Animaniacs, but this is during the present (2006) That means that they had no show, they live inside the Water Tower, and are hated by the studio. (Ooh, but don't tell them that...)

The night, the darkness, had captured the fear of her heart; it felt as though it was pounding fiercely on inside of her throat. Her sight was extremely poor against the thick mist that surrounded her. All that she knew was only to keep on running, and couldn’t stop. Her breathing became scarcer as she decided to run harder and faster. Her feet felt as though weights where on them as she kept running, and darting around sharp corners. She was lost and there was no doubt about it, but every time she accepted that she ran harder. Her calf’s felt like they where going to give away right then and there, but instead she kept running. The adrenaline flowed through her small body as she kept running faster, unsure of what was behind her. Soon, without any warning at all her body felt as though a thousand bricks went along with her as she fell down into complete, vast, and utter darkness.

That was exactly when Dot Warner awoke from her sleep. A sweat beaded down from her fur-covered forehead as she gasped and stood straight up in her bed. Though she didn’t really need the breath of air, the dream had startled her. She took her white-gloved hands and patted herself down; just to make sure she was all right. Dot looked around once she had steadied her breathing and saw that it was morning through the small-boarded window in the far corner of her room. She got down from her bed that was still a bit taller than her and swiped her flower hair band off of the nightstand. She walked towards her mirror on her dresser and wrapped the band around her long ears, pulling them together, but still flopping apart from one another. Dot observed herself and smiled, she looked at that cute red nose in the midst of the white fur frame around her darling eyes, meeting her black head, and twitched her small black tail as she struck a pose. She then noticed that she still had her long light pink nightgown on and pulled out from one of the lower drawers a pink skirt. Moments later Dot grabbed the door handle and made her way out of her room. Before she could step out of the doorframe a familiar and similar face appeared in front of her.

He smiled as he saw her give him a small confused look. “`Bout time you got up sleeping cutie…” her brother grinned. It was Yakko Warner, the oldest of her brothers, he looked exactly the same, with only three things that separated their appearance; his height was about a foot taller than her, he wore brown kaki pants, and a black belt with a golden buckle that held them up around his chest.

Dot cocked her head to the side just a bit at his comment. “What time is it?” she asked.

Yakko let his right leg lead on, but spoke before he walked on. “It’s almost ten.” Yakko said, and then walked by her.

Dot’s eyes became wide and looked after Yakko. “What?” She asked horrifyingly. Dot couldn’t think of any reason she had to sleep in, she had always gone to bed and woken up at a certain time, and to break that habit made her panic.

Yakko gave a small wave to her. “Ah don’t worry about it, we haven’t even started breakfast…” Yakko called.

His sister gave up the shocked look and clamed down. Dot reluctantly followed her brother and saw he was headed into the T.V. area of the immense space they where in, where she found her other brother lazily, bit by bit, sliding off the couch. It was Wakko Warner; he wore a red baseball cap that was on his head as his uninterested eyes traced the screen, he was found with his gloved hand on his stomach, slouching forward, causing his gut to lurch forward that was, thankfully, covered with his light blue sweater.

Dot rolled her eyes at the sight and thought to herself. “Figures…” Dot thought.

Shortly after their breakfast Wakko had kept Yakko busy with an entertaining dream he was describing, Dot wasn’t all that interested, but Yakko listened attentively as they sat in the region of the coffee table on the ground in front of the inactive TV and the un occupied couch. They all sat around the small table, dirty dishes pushed to the side, Dot boringly playing with her unused spoon with her head in her left palm, Yakko folded his hands on the table, patiently waiting, keeping his eyes on his brother as Wakko was trying hard to remember his dream.

Wakko smiled widely as soon as the images came to him, he then looked back and forth at his siblings seriously as he spoke. “I was sitting at a long table with all the foods and objects I could ever imagine to eat, at the table where hundreds of apes…” Wakko started.

Dot immediately thought of the Special Wakko had seen not to long ago about Planet of The Apes. “Let me guess; they where sitting up right and talking to one another?” She asked lamely.

Wakko narrowed his eyes at Dot, and continued to look back and forth to Dot and Yakko as he explained. “No, they kept eating all the food and all I did was sit there. I just watched them as they ate, never moved, they just kept eating. I’ve never had one of those dreams before Yakko, it was so weird.” Wakko said.

Yakko looked around, trying to think, and then locked his eyes with Wakko’s. “Hmm, you didn’t even eat before they appeared?” He asked.

Wakko shook his head. Yakko thought about it more then spoke. “…Well I know when in a dream not eating anything means you’re not wanting to accept to grow up or that your body’s changing.” Yakko finally said.

Wakko kept staring at Yakko. “And the apes?” He asked curiously.

Yakko pondered at this for a moment and shrugged. “It seems you’re confident with your relationships and socially fit.” He smiled.

Wakko confidently sat up straight and smiled at Yakko. It made sense to him, Wakko always acted ten and always will, but can’t help to think what it’s like to grow up, though, most can’t help it either. He doesn’t like it when his siblings or him ponder about how their lives would be different if they could grow older. At the same time, Wakko cares so much about his siblings he tries to relate to them the ways he knows, by acting wacky and making them laugh. “It’s so true, and it makes more sense now that you mention it. Thanks Yakko…” Wakko said.

“No problem.”

“So have you had any weird dreams?”

Yakko looked up as he thought to himself. “Yes, I have, it was a nightmare more than a dream…” he said.

Dot took her head out of her palm, sat up straight, and was, without realizing it, getting interested in the conversation.

“I dreamed that I jumped straight down into an ocean and kept swimming, not worried about my breath or air, but calmly swam through the cool waters. I noticed all the fish and magnificent coral; it was the most peaceful thing that I’ve felt. When I went deeper it became colder and darker, when all the sudden I was being attacked by hundreds of jelly fish, each sting more painful. To my surprise, I saw a girl’s face… her face…” Yakko trailed off.

Dot looked up from her spoon and looked at Yakko. “…I…it looked like Dot…” Yakko said. Dot looked more concerned than interested, her eyes wider and her body leaning closer to Yakko.

“What?” Both of his youngest siblings asked at once.

Yakko shrugged. “I don’t know either, but there was a big bow in her hair, her neck had a deep cut on it, she sat there, floating, lifeless, but just then her eyes opened… And I woke up. All I could figure out in the dream was that I’m learning new experiences in life, and exploring myself and about my unconscious more than expected, but at the same time I’m feeling helpless about something...” Yakko explained.

Dot looked oddly at Yakko. “What kinds of experiences?”

Yakko shrugged. “I have no clue, maybe it’s a sign that I’ll be learning new things soon…”

Wakko tried to join in the conversation. “Do you think it has to do with that girl?” He asked too excitingly.

Yakko looked caringly at Wakko. “Wakko, there isn’t anyone on this earth that looks like us. The most probable is that it was Dot.” he said.

Dot looked worryingly at Yakko. “I don’t get it. If it’s me then… why was I…”

“Dead? I don’t know.” Yakko said.

“Maybe she represents something that seems dead to you.” Wakko pondered.

“Whatever it means, I’m not entirely sure that it means something bad. So, Dot, have you had any odd dreams lately?” Yakko asked.

Dot suddenly turned into defensive mode and got up, leaning her hands on the table as she eyed Yakko. “You know ever since Wakko got you that over rated Dream Book you’ve become ‘Yakko Guru’ or something, it’s kind of annoying really…” Dot said as she took the plates off the table and walked behind the couch. The brothers shrugged and continued talking to one another.

Dot walked past the grandfather clock and the various posters from different episodes that she had starred in with her brothers. She walked past a run away train on the long set of tracks that went insanely through the entire structure that they where in. Dot walked over more and into a small forest-like place, and she came out on the other side to what looked like a half sunken ship inside a body of water, lined up with the gigantic waterfall that was five times bigger than the half broken ship. About half way up the waterfall happened to be a tunnel where more tracks had been placed above the trees on one side of the waterfall and on the other. A gigantic dip that went under a gigantic observatory, and shortly after that the tracks went into a short tunnel that was made from an organ. Close to the ship was a small island that had a logo on it, the Warner Brothers logo to be exact. The whole amusement park-like place was known as The Warner Brothers Water Tower.

Dot sat down close to the pond, but turned her attention to a fountain right next to her, and began to wash the dirty dishes. After awhile Dot stopped and put the dishes to the side, she looked at the water and blinked slowly at it. She sighed and then she soon saw herself slowly lay down and decided to take a nap.

Dot awoke and found herself in a black room. She looked around the room, nothing was in it, and all the sudden Wakko came from the left. Dot looked at him curiously.

“Wakko?” She asked.

Wakko only looked to his left with a wide smile and his arm extended to someone. Out of the darkness came a Toon, she was a bit taller than Wakko, but had the same kid look. Her fur was patterned the same way his was, although the hair on top of her head was greyer than black, and her nose was grey instead of red. Her tail was also extremely huge, striped black and white and fluffy. The mysterious girl had on a green shirt and light tan cut short pants, her eyes also had a bit of grey around them instead of having all white on the face. The two looked to their left surprisingly and ran away, the girl pushing Wakko.

“Wait a minute! Give me back my brother!” Dot yelled.

With every inch of her she wanted to follow the girl, but she couldn’t move. So instead she waited for the worst. And boy was it the worst. Yakko had come around through the darkness, he held out a hand to the darkness and another white-gloved hand took it softly. A leg stuck out of the darkness that looked like the same kaki pants her eldest brother wore, they where loose, and under the pants was a white paw, more of the figure showed and Dot saw a pink scarf was wrapped around the pants and a bright pink halter top.

Dot gasped, she took a step backwards, and the ground crumbled and fell. Dot woke up from her sleep to find her brothers above her.

Yakko blinked and lowered one eyebrow at her. “You okay Dot?” He asked.

Dot sat up straight and saw a hand in front of her. She followed it and saw it was Yakko’s; she took it and jumped into Yakko’s arms.

“Whoa!” Yakko exclaimed.

Yakko grabbed her around the waste, twirled her around, and sat her down on his arm. Yakko looked at her with the widest smile, Dot smiled back at Yakko, he picked her back up and put her down on the ground. She twirled around a bit and then plopped herself into Wakko and clung onto him. “What’s got you so paranoid Dot?” Wakko asked.

Dot held onto him tighter, he saw right through her; she released him and looked to the ground. “I had a bad dream…” Dot said.

Wakko and Yakko looked to one another, then back at Dot, even though Wakko didn’t feel he was the touching type when it came to Dot he grabbed her in a hug, sat down and placed her in his lap. “Care to explain then?” Wakko smiled.

Dot looked to Yakko as he sat down also. Dot sat with her brothers explaining both dreams as her brothers listened intently. Yakko saw the distress and exasperated expressions as she explained her dreams, he couldn’t help but look at her with sorrow. Wakko heard the detail of her descriptions and was fairly impressed, he had known she was always the one to dramatize everything, but he never knew she was so expressive about it. Yakko bent his head lower to the ground and placed a hand on his forehead once Dot was finishing up her second dream.

“And, I fell…” Dot finished slowly.

Yakko immediately got up, took Dot from Wakko’s lap, and hugged her. “I’m so sorry…” He whispered. After awhile Dot pushed away from Yakko and he looked at her.

Yakko’s eyes where full of sadness and worry. “Even if you don’t realize it, you’re feeling as though you’re failing through life. You feel hopeless, you feel like you can’t change the future. But Dot, you have to remember that you can change the course of our future, if you don’t want anything you don’t approve of in our life you just need to say so.” He said.

Dot realized it, it was true, and even though Dot had always been the independent feminist she had continuously felt like she could never change anything in the Warners lives. She hugged Yakko and smiled. “Thanks Yakko I needed that…” Dot said.

The silence was soon interrupted by a huge rumbling noise that shook the ground Yakko and Dot stood on. Yakko and Dot broke the hug and looked to Wakko who smiled innocently.

Yakko smiled at Wakko, and then spoke to Dot. “Who wants some ice-cream?”

“At eleven o’clock in the morning?” Dot asked.

Yakko looked at Dot surprisingly. “Man, you really conked out! It’s two already…”

Dot sat there for a moment and got up. “I know I want some!” She exclaimed.

Yakko jumped up, he walked over to Wakko, helped him up and headed back into the mini forest. With a new point of view on the life they shared. Shortly forgetting the desperate dreams they had, for now.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Elen on October 22, 2006, 8:51:15 PM

Elen on
Elennyah! Holy crap! You write so much better than I! *is extremely jelous* (spelling? xD)>__>; Tis good so far! *nods*