Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Pleasant Promises

There’s no business like… cartoon business?! Will the Warners decide to end their scene inside the Warner Brothers Lot for good? Yakko thinks so, but what if his siblings think otherwise? The fate of desperate change is in Yakko’s hands, will he choose to be with his Hollywood Crush over his family?

Chapter 2 - Pleasant Promises

Chapter 2 - Pleasant Promises
Disclaimer: I don’t own the show Animaniacs, and I don’t own anything Warner Brothers. I know Yakko’s Lactose, but I found out on a website that; most older children and adults do not have to avoid lactose completely, but people differ in the amounts and types of foods they can handle. For example, one person may have symptoms after drinking a small glass of milk, while another can drink one glass but not two. Others may be able to manage ice cream and aged cheeses, such as cheddar and Swiss, but not other dairy products. I bothered to find this information because in the Animaniacs Bible it states the Warners LOVE Vanilla Ice-cream, and yet at the end of one of the episodes when the Warners pop out of the Water Tower they say; Dot: Set three extra places! YW+D: We’re comin over for dinner! Y: But I’m allergic to anything with lactose in it. >:P Vanilla Ice-cream plays a big part in this fan fiction, and I’m not letting Yakko not be apart of it!
I rest my case…

Chapter Two; Pleasant Promises

Inside the Water Tower the three Warners had just finished off their last few bowls of vanilla ice cream. Before their second set of Ice cream they had their small dinner fairly late, and once they where done they filled up their bowls with ice cream again. Once again the three where around the coffee table, as they where taking their time finishing their bowls. As the three all knew Yakko was lactose intolerant but Yakko was also one of those people who could regularly consume ice cream without any problem. In the process of finishing their bowls Wakko ate the bowl and swallowed it whole, Yakko munched the last of his ice cream down, but Dot looked at her untouched bowl and pushed it to the side.

Yakko placed his empty bowl down on the coffee table and looked at Dot, who only lowered her eyelids at her own bowl. “Ya okay Dot?” he asked.

Dot flinched a bit and blinked widely at Yakko. “Y- yeah! I’m fine Yakko.” She falsely smiled.

Yakko raised an eyebrow and looked to Wakko who had his attention on Dot. Wakko looked to Yakko with only his eyes, and then looked back at Dot. Understanding Dot was always somewhat of a mystery to both Yakko and Wakko, they could never really tell if she wanted to talk or not. Yakko knew Wakko had somewhat of a better understanding of not only Dot, but also all girls, when it came to behavior, and waited for him to speak.

Wakko looked caringly at Dot. “It doesn’t sound like you’re fine…” He said.

Dot really wasn’t fine, and now both of her brothers knew it, she didn’t even bother to look at her siblings as she spoke. “Look, I…” She started, but held her breath.

Wakko observed Dot more, confused. “You know you can tell us anything…” He said.

Dot still refused to look at her brothers as she spoke. “I know Wakko… I’m just trying to figure something out…” She replied.

Being the mastermind of puzzles, conversations, and bingo, Yakko instantly sat up. “Figure what out?” He asked.

Dot finally looked at Yakko and Wakko as she spoke. “I’m trying to find out where those two girls in my dream came from. The more I think about it, the more it makes me wonder. They seemed to be cartoons also… and that’s why I’m concerned.” Dot admitted.

Yakko knew the reason Dot was having those dreams was a sense of fear of being alone, insecurity, and the dreadful thought of her brothers being taken away from her.

“Dot. You …” He started.

Yakko then realized the earlier description of the girl in Dot’s dream, and a flash of the figure appeared in his mind once more. Yakko didn’t speak for the longest time, the pieces where together and he had a full vision of what the Toon in his dream looked like. Yakko tried to take his mind off of it; there would be no possible way that Dot had the same persona in her dream.

“Yakko?” Dot asked.

Yakko looked at Dot with a worried expression then shook it off and smiled weakly. “Yeah sis?”

Dot looked back worryingly. “Are you okay?” She asked.

“Yakko spelled backwards is always A Okkay, I’m just tired. We need to get to bed, it’s already 8:40…” Yakko said as he looked at the clock.

Wakko yawned and scratched his stomach. “Yeah, could be the explanation for all the minds spacing out into oblivion…” He said as he got up and turned to his door.

Yakko hastily collected all the plates and bowls and turned to the forest, but stopped when a small hand grasped his baggy pants. Yakko turned to find Dot, giving a small worried look. Yakko sighed and spoke to her. “Okay, but if you’re coming at least help…” Yakko said.

Dot smiled and grabbed a couple of bowls off of Yakko’s pile and walked with him. Her smile faded as they traveled more into the small forest. “What where you thinking about Yakko?” Dot asked.

Yakko somewhat flinched, and then spoke to her calmly. “Ha, you can certainly see through your brother more and more these days huh…” Yakko said. But Dot didn’t speak, which made Yakko sigh again. They came out of the other side of the trees, Yakko was the first to set down the pile of dishes, already kneeled he grabbed Dot’s load and set them down right by the lake. Dot sat down just as Yakko sat down, and she didn’t take her eyes off of her oldest brother. Yakko then spoke his mind of the Toon appearance inside both of their dreams and as he thought more about it the girl had the same outfit as Dot described. Yakko never liked to think so illogical, like he was ‘psychically connected’ with his sister, but he knew there had to be some significance to exactly why the Toon was the same in their separate dreams.

Dot pondered for a moment, then held out her hand as she spoke. “Perhaps the girl represents a feeling we share at this time in our lives…” Dot said.

Yakko thought about it. “You said in your dream I was leading the way for her?” He asked.

Dot nodded in agreement. “Yeah, you held out your arm and she grabbed it…” She said.

“But in my dream, she was dead, and awakening…” Yakko said.

Dot smiled at Yakko as she realized something. “AH! Maybe we’re making way for a new emotion, or feeling, perhaps a new event…” She said.

Yakko wondered about it for a minute. “It could be possible… But in my dream she also had a deep cut inside her neck…” He reminded.

“Maybe your being two-faced about a certain feeling. Maybe you don’t like the thought of something new while I think you do…” Dot pointed out randomly.

“It makes more sense if you put it that way…” Yakko said without thinking.

Dot looked at Yakko curiously. “How?” She asked.

Yakko paused for a few moments. He wasn’t sure if he wanted to tell Dot his outlook, but cleared his throat and spoke. “Well… I… don’t know if you’ve noticed but for years I’ve been teaching you two that change is a great thing. That we should always invite change with open arms…” Yakko said.

Dot added it up inside her mind as she spoke. “But deep inside, you don’t like change, and soon, when you least expect it, it will come anyway. You’re main fear is not having control, and you thought you have conquered your fear, but change is coming and you can feel it.” She said. Dot looked at Yakko’s expression that had ‘you figured all that on your own?’ sarcastic look written all over it. Dot instantly noticed the look and narrowed hers. “You knew that’s what she represented, why didn’t you tell us at first?” She asked.

“You answered it yourself…” Yakko said.

Dot recalled her small speech. “Fear of not having control… you want to control us? What else are you not telling us? What else are you hiding?” Dot asked.

Yakko placed his hands up in defense. “Whoa, sis, I’m not hiding anything from you.” He said.

Even if Dot didn’t realize, Yakko was telling the truth. She forced her mind not to believe his words, Dot immediately got up from where she sat and stomped back into the forest. Yakko sighed, and then got up to follow her. Once he was by her side he tried to comfort her.

“Listen, Dot, if I where hiding anything I’m pretty sure you’d be able to tell…” Yakko said.

“And that’s just what I’m doing…”

Yakko stopped walking and watched her for a moment and saw her heading straight for the door of his room. As she drew closer to it his eyes became smaller and his mouth hung more open. He raced to Dot and tried to stop her. “N—now Dot can we talk about this??”

“HA! You are hiding something!”

Yakko exasperatingly waved his hands in front of Dot as he spoke. “Dot let’s have a civilized conversation, let’s not go too far…” But Dot kept moving towards the door. “I’ll give ya anything! Just don’t! Ya know I’ve never gone into your room without permission! Why should you??” Dot placed her small hand on the handle and looked to Yakko who was right beside her, on his knees. “Give me a chance to explain…” Yakko pleaded.

Dot only raised her eyebrow and narrowed her look to him. She gripped the door handle a bit more, and then released it from her grasp. Yakko breathed a relieving sigh, and Dot turned to the couch. She sat herself on the couch as she watched Yakko follow. He sat next to her and looked at her with lowered ears, and seemed to be like a small child who was waiting for the parent to state their punishment after doing something bad.

Instead of giving him a punishment she simply waited for him to speak.

Yakko suddenly glared at Dot. “If we share the same problem or something like you said than does it mean you’re hiding something as well?” He asked.

“But you already revealed the feelings I was hiding. I have nothing left to hide, it’s you who still has something hidden…” Dot said.

Despite the realization of his sister forming sentences like Yoda, Yakko realized that she was right, Dot never wanted to admit she felt helpless, and yet she admitted it when she told him her dream. He was hiding something from her, and she knew it. Though what she couldn’t place was if it was a possession obsession or a feeling of insecurity and worry that he’d sink lower to tell his little sister his feelings and problems. Perhaps it was both, but more than wanting to ponder about it, she wanted to find out.

Yakko waved his hands softly through the air as he spoke. “Look… It’s… It’s true; I don’t want to do anything with change… I always want to be there for you.” He said, but paused before he spoke again, “And yet, I have this horrible feeling that I’ll let you, and Wakko, down. It’s my main fear; it’s my living nightmare. Every time I realize it I replace it with a smile, not wanting to talk about it.” Yakko finally admitted.

Dot couldn’t help but show a small smile, she then grabbed her brother in a hug. Yakko smiled back and hugged her also. After a short while Yakko ripped Dot out of his grip and showed his smile at his small sister.

Yakko placed his right hand on her small head. “I promise to always be there for you, if you promise to tell me more of your opinions on the things we do…” Yakko said.

“I promise to tell you my opinions if you promise not to be so annoying…” Dot smiled. Yakko laughed at the remark. “Whoops, did that come out like that? I meant to say I promise if you promise to talk more about the things that concern you…” Dot said.

Yakko looked to the invisible camera lamely, then back at Dot. “Now where starting to sound like a married couple, and I don’t believe in…” Yakko started.

“Yakko!”

“Hey I’m just saying!”

“Promise…”

“The most disturbing thing about it is that people actually do have pictures of us…”

“YAKKO!”

Yakko rolled his eyes and spoke to Dot. “Alright, I promise…” He said. Suddenly Yakko spit inside his hand and held it in front of Dot.

Dot looked to the invisible camera and made a disgusted face. “Dis-gust-ing…” She complained.

“Hey, you wanted a promise…” Yakko said.

Dot looked widely at the hand and reached for it with hers slowly as she winced at it. Yakko took it back and swiped it across his pants. “Fine, fine, whatever. Let’s just get some sleep huh?” Yakko asked.

Dot smiled and got up from the couch. Yakko followed as Dot opened the door of her room. He suddenly crouched down to Dot’s level and gave a small kiss on the check. She looked back at him as he smiled at her. She smiled back and narrowed her eyes playfully. “Promise me one more thing Yakko…” She said.

“Anything…” Yakko smiled.

Suddenly Dot grew a frown and looked at Yakko’s pants. “…Promise me you’ll wash those pants tomorrow.” She said.

Yakko laughed and rubbed his hand on her head. “I promise if you promise me one last thing…” He chuckled.

“What?” Dot asked.

Still at her height Yakko looked at her with wide honest eyes. “Would you help me over come my fears?” Yakko asked.

Dot looked at Yakko, widely yet caringly. “…Which ones? The fear of change or the fear of me being all grown up and married off to Mel Gibson?” Dot smirked as she playfully struck a pose and swung her hips back and forth.

Yakko laughed and hugged her tightly. “Both…” He smiled widely.

Dot giggled and then let go of Yakko. “I promise to help you, every single step of the way…” She said softly.

Yakko kept his smile and rose and turned away to his room. “Night Yakko…” Dot said.

Yakko faced her one last time and smiled softly. “G’night Sister Sibling…” He said. Yakko then opened his door and closed it behind him as he disappeared in the darkness.

‘Sister sibling’… it made Dot wonder, every time he said that, how he thought of the nickname. At the same time it never drove her curiosity to ever ask him, so she would instead enjoy it while he called her by the title. Dot walked inside of her room, closed the door behind her, and flicked on her light. Once she was dressed in her usual nightgown she turned off the light, climbed in bed, and settled down into the sheets. Then a sudden deep feeling came over Dot, a thought that she couldn’t let go. What if those Toons where ever real? What would happen then? Would life still be the same? Soon the youngest Warner drifted off into a peaceful slumber, the thoughts drifted away as well.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Elen on October 22, 2006, 8:55:05 PM

Elen on
Elenthere's an Animaniacs Bible?? OwO!!! *eyes grow large*
^___^ this chapter just exploaded with cuteness! ^^