Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Showgirl Showings

There’s no business like… cartoon business?! Will the Warners decide to end their scene inside the Warner Brothers Lot for good? Yakko thinks so, but what if his siblings think otherwise? The fate of desperate change is in Yakko’s hands, will he choose to be with his Hollywood Crush over his family?

Chapter 6 - Showgirl Showings

Chapter 6 - Showgirl Showings
Disclaimer: I don’t own the show Animaniacs, and I don’t own anything Warner Brothers. I also don’t own The Late Show with David Letterman. Although I own the showgirl in this midnight showing… ^-^

Chapter Six; Showgirl Showings

The body was magnificent, slender, and smooth, black luscious fur gleamed in the spotlight, as well as her white frame around small black eyes. There was absolutely no doubt that the tall Toon looked exactly like the Warners. Though it was a girl, her appearance had almost consisted of all three Warner’s looks. Yakko’s tallness, Wakko’s flattened head, and Dot’s cuteness. She wore brown long kaki pants with a pink sash around her waist that wrapped around a pink tube top and had combed her hair to make wavy curls on the sides of her head under a big bow that wrapped around her ears. Her appearance wasn’t drop-dead, nor horrifying, her figure was certainly form fitting so that you could tell it was a girl. It was Dot’s worst nightmare in full form, living and breathing on a stage where the entire world could see.

The Toon blew kisses to the howling audience as she made her way across the stage. She smiled widely as she shook hands with the one and only David Letterman. Though she was tall when she sat down in a light brown chair she sunk into it a bit and her feet levitated a bit from the height of the chair. The seat was right next to David’s desk that was decorated with a fake old radio microphone and some bright index cards he read off of.

David gave a wide smile to the character as he sat down. “Welcome Daisy! It’s nice to finally meet you…”

The Toon giggled and gave a small gasp and spoke. “Nice to meet you too David…” She said. Her voice was somewhat older sounding than she actually looked, if it was possible, it sounded comforting more than annoying or too girly. Though the Warners could tell the giggle thing was her trademark, and where bound to hear it more than once.

“So you’re starring in a new cartoon series called ‘Creatures In The City’ is that right?” David asked.

“Yep!” Daisy smiled.

The show host sat back a bit and spoke to her. “Care to tell us what to expect?” He asked.

With another giggle, Daisy spoke. “Well… Sure! Basically the show is about three woodland creatures that have never really seen the city, and I’m supposed to show them what it’s like!” Daisy explained. As she told him more David decided to take a sip of his coffee and shortly put it back down on the desk. “With a little comedy here and there, some jokes, ah, just the typical cartoon ya know? The cast includes some very good actors, Leeann Lemur…” She listed.

“Who is, in fact, a lemur?” David asked.

“Yep! She plays as a skunk though… the poor thing. And then Freddy Fox who of course plays a fox, and Skippy Squirrel…” Daisy listed.

David leaned more forward over his desk. “If you don’t mind me asking… what exactly are you?” He asked.

Frozen, unsure what to say, Daisy sat there. Inside the Water Tower Yakko Wakko and Dot where leaning into the TV, curious how the new character would answer. The Warners had always had their separate ways of answering this question, but the fact of someone else sharing their appearance made them wonder how they would reflect upon the most frequently asked question. Daisy gave a small smile and spoke. “I’m beautiful! Wouldn’t you agree?” She asked. The males of the audience gave a few hollers and whistles as Daisy stood and made a pose.

Just then the TV went blank, causing the whole room to fall into darkness, a small amount of stumbling could be heard from the oldest trying to search for a light. Wakko didn’t keep his gaze off where the TV should be. Hard breathing could be heard from his seven o’clock point of view, which was once the couch area, but now bathed in darkness. Wakko was truly scared what he would see if a light were ever found. Once a light turned on the Brothers found the remote in Dot’s hand, and her face completely red, with rage. Without even mentioning whom the Toon was working for Dot knew the one head that she wanted mounted on her wall; Alan Bond. “OOOH!! Who does that cheep skate think he is?” Dot exclaimed.

Without any thought or hesitation, Wakko dove for the remote and turned the TV back on. The scene on the TV showed Daisy sitting back down, crossing her legs with her hands in her lap.

“So you have no relation to … The Warner Brothers?”

The Warners knew exactly whom David was referring too, though they weren’t sure if Daisy knew. Daisy gave a cocked eyebrow and rolled her eyes. “Oh please! I would never work for Warner Brothers, I work for The Kids Network, and I’m proud of it.” Daisy said.

David gave a small-confused look, but smiled at Daisy. “Could you do me a favor, could you send us out on a commercial break?” He asked.

“Okay!” She exclaimed. Daisy turned to the camera that was being shown on the Warners TV and smiled as she fluttered her eyelashes. “The Late Show with David Letterman will be right back after these messages!” She said. As soon as the music faded in The Warners could see and partially hear Daisy giggle.

Just as the show went to commercial Wakko turned off the TV. Dot sank deeply onto the couch, unsure of what to think. Yakko and Wakko sat there helplessly feeling the same way. Hours had passed, the Warners decided to have it not effect them in anyway, secretly hoping the CEO or someone would burst through the door of the Water Tower claiming that they should do something. They didn’t speak for the longest time only a few small uttered ‘goodnights’ where spoken as the three went into each of the separate rooms and that was the end of the day.

The days after that only got worse, Dot had managed to find her brothers trying to keep themselves busy with a few things, but mostly the three of them where by themselves, separated, and for another count of the many rare times in Warner history they where separated by their own will.

Yakko cursed himself every single time he thought of Alan, he only wish he could have stayed with him and accepted to be in a show with his animation company, but he kept thinking how much the Warner Brother studio wouldn’t take it. They would have thrown them out for good, never to return to their small paradise. He kept thinking about how this all could have been avoided, and kept wondering how Dot felt about a female look alike who was much prettier than she was. Daisy; the name, right next to Alan’s, that would never cease to ring inside his head. Yakko did not want to mention anything to his siblings about it but; Yakko had a huge crush on her. The very thought of her made Yakko’s lips curl up around his cheeks. They say that everyone has to have a Hollywood crush, and Yakko Warner believed that Daisy was it. In his own words as he spoke out loud to himself; “Goodbye Nurse and Michelle Phifer! Helloooo Daisy!”

All through their Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner, only a couple of ‘thank you’, ‘pass me this’, and ‘please’ escaped their mouths. Other than those words and the sounds of utensils clanging with dishes it was dead silent inside the Water Tower. It went on like this for a full week. Wakko kept thinking why Yakko wasn’t speaking up, usually he knew the silence gets to Yakko after a few moments, but a whole week went by without any mention of… anything! It was starting to scare Wakko how Dot didn’t seem to care about the silence either. Wakko didn’t mind it at first for he had also kept his mind on a certain someone, just like his oldest. He could not stop thinking of the day he met Lena Lemur, he remembered exactly how she looked and how he felt when he saw her. But once Wakko noticed his other siblings where ignoring one another also, it concerned him. He knew he had to do something, but he had no idea what.

It was a nightmare for her, the figure of Dot’s imagination, fear, hope, and at the same time her hero was in the flesh, taking the heart of her eldest brother. There was no doubt about it, Dot already knew who Yakko’s “Secret Celebrity Crush” was, and she couldn’t stand for it. How Dot found out was even more unpleasant than anything she had found out about Yakko.

Though Yakko always seemed to keep guard of his room Dot had already decided to peek inside, and when she did she saw the worst. All around his room where hand drawn pictures of Daisy, all lined up on one wall, some on his full-length mirror, and some on the ceiling over his bed. Despite the horrific predictable mess, on the floor where lots of stacked blank pages of paper and art supplies, ready for use to draw another picture of his crush. She also saw under his unmade bed thousands of magazines, when she gazed on them she found Daisy on the front of all of them. They where not erotic, nothing horrifically scarring inside of them, she was just… there. Rumors, jokes, copied autographs, interviews, everything a girl magazine could hold. Although maybe once Dot found a guys magazine, but every single one had Daisy inside, doing an advertisement, on the cover, or on the back, each page with her face on it was signed by Yakko saying; Dais… with a heart next to it. Dot dropped one of the magazines in horror, her heart pounding, her mind racing, her eyes swelling with shock and tears of confusion. Not knowing if Yakko was plain in love, or plain obsessed. She dreadfully picked up another one, just to see if it was real, just to see if this was actually happening to them…

A voice behind her made Dot shriek with shock. “Dot?”

Dot turned around and found Wakko, inside the doorway, completely ignoring all the things inside Yakko’s room, mainly looking at Dot. Dot got up and shoved Wakko out of the way so she could close the door quickly. She trembled, still in shock, as Wakko scratched his head, moving the edge of his hat with his finger.

“What’s gotten into you Dot?” Wakko asked.

Dot breathed slowly to try and regain her thoughts. Chills ran up and down her spine as she looked at Wakko. “Nothing. I’m fine…” Dot said.

“It doesn’t seem like you’re fine…” Another voice said.

Dot practically jumped right out of her skin and turned around to find Yakko. “I- I- I’m FINE Yakko, I’m just…” She pondered, thinking of an excuse at the top of her head, going faster with her sentence as she formed it. “Paranoid, at the moment, because you guys are so quiet, and then you decide to sneak up on me when you realize we haven’t spoken to one another in a week!” Dot exclaimed angrily.


Yakko saw through the clouded anger and saw mainly frustration and confusion and looked at her with care. “I’m sorry Dot, it’s just…” Yakko started.

“No! Don’t bother to explain, I know…” Dot said slowly. She sighed and walked away from the door and turned to her brothers over her shoulder. “Nothing’s been the same, now that someone truly despises us…” Dot said.

Her brothers looked after her with sorrow and deep confusion, but let her walk on her own. She walked into the small forest and began to speak her thoughts. “Nothing’s been the same, since that lousy network has been flooding the world’s TV sets. It hasn’t been the same now that lil miss perfect is on every lousy magazine ever created. Everyone seems to be acting so strange, so different, now that Daisy’s come into the picture.” Dot wondered aloud. She began to walk slower, this time actually feeling the grass on her bare feet. “I don’t get it why every time love’s in the air I always have to be long gone and forgotten. Hasn’t anyone cared about what I think?” Dot asked out loud ever so miserably. “I’ve always… whom I kiddin? She’s just a lousy good for nothing, that needs to be stopped… but… I can’t help it… what if she’s my only chance of… a sister?” Dot asked no one.

It was true, no matter how much she hated it, she had always dreamed of the day where she wasn’t alone with her brothers, she had always dreamed of having an oldest sister to look up to. Dot took out from behind her back the snatched magazine from Yakko’s room and flipped through the pages as she thought. When she was small, mind wise, it didn’t faze her, but as Dot grew older and wiser she had realized how much she really wanted a sister. Dot looked caringly at a picture of Daisy, but then frowned at it and fiercely turned the page. She hated the thought because she loved her brothers, and would give anything to always be by their side, but deep inside Dot cried for a sibling who she could relate to. As if the two brothers weren’t enough, she had always had Yakko’s I.Q., she had always had Wakko’s courage and strength, but she wanted a sister so she could relate her cuteness to, so she could brag to others that she got ‘it’ from her big sis. Her brothers where never really that interested in Dot’s girlish needs, and because of that Dot never really had any. Besides putting on makeup and trying to be attractive Dot had picked up some boy traits also, like burping, and fighting. Even though she liked bragging about this Dot longed, weather she liked it or not, for her own ‘sister sibling’.

Despite all these emotional and desperate needs Dot wanted to get her hands around the neck of Alan Bond, and realized she was doing nothing about it. So at that moment Dot turned around and headed back to her brothers, who where sitting on the couch, doing nothing, just thinking to themselves.

“Are we going to do something about this or are we just going to sit back and watch this loser rocket her career while we’re sitting ducks?” Dot asked.

Yakko got up immediately, along with Wakko, and looked widely at Dot. “Wha?” Yakko asked.

“I say we pay a visit to Daisy…” Dot said.

Yakko looked at Dot widely, then to Wakko who smiled at his sister. “I know how we can get in! We should call Skippy, see if he has Lena’s number and meet her outside the building.” Wakko said.

“But what are we planning to do when we meet Daisy?” Yakko asked.

“I donno, maybe she could sign one of these…” Dot said as she took from behind her back the magazine she was flipping through. Yakko looked horrifyingly at Dot and snatched it away and suddenly found himself in a deep blush. Wakko looked at Yakko and pointed a finger as he smiled and laughed at him. But to Wakko’s surprise Dot held another magazine that was behind it with Lena in the front. Wakko looked widely at it and grabbed it out of her hand as Yakko laughed at him. Dot smiled at Yakko, waiting for his approval. “Shall we?” She asked.

Her eldest brother smiled back at her. “You got it sister sibling!” Yakko exclaimed. He simply couldn’t wait to see the Showgirl of his dreams.

---

A.N: ...If I told you all now, I bet no one would believe me if I said I wasn't a believer in OC's when it comes to Animaniacs. If you don't, you're a sore loser and will have to keep reading to find out why. I'll have the next chapter up someday... So for now you can just sit there and gape at the screen asking yourself why I would call you a loser until I can get the next few chapters up.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Elen on February 6, 2007, 11:58:57 AM

Elen on
ElenWOMAN! I bow at your talent in describing toons in words! <D
And how you go to drama without changing the characters is pure brilliance I tell you!! I luff it mucho!