Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Precious Cargo

An anthro story I wrote. Told from the first person perspective of a mutant in a future earth. His people are being kept a secret from humanity and he must save them from a dominating human millitary.

Chapter 5 - Precious Cargo

Chapter 5 - Precious Cargo
Chapter IV: Precious Cargo

A merchant cannot comprehend that which is priceless
Sister Miriam Godwincen, Sid Myers Alpha Centauri

If Auna could have leapt backwards through the couch, she would have. Her eyes expanded to resemble something out of a cartoon. Hardly surprising considering she was watching a human teenager expand into an anthropomorphic blue shark. When my transformation was over she managed two words: Explanation& NOW!
Well& we, that is to say the aquatics&
She cut me off: Wait, theres more of you wandering around in those disguises? She looked positively terrified.
No, we are confined to a facility in Antarctica. She looked a little relieved.
I continued: We were created by the Navy as the ultimate special forces. Picture it, divers that could go without oxygen, and swim at unheard of speeds. I told her the story of my escape from the facility, and tracking down of her in search of help.
She nodded, Okay, I get that, but how do I fit into this?
Your DNA was used, without your knowledge of course, in our creation.
And how many of you are there?
Sixty three, counting me.
One more thing, how do you do all this?
All what?
Read, search the web, pilot a vehicle I have never heard of& drive?
I smiled, Simulations. We were supposed to be special forces right? So we had to know this stuff, weapons specs, driving, reading, computers, basic education. Besides, we needed to know how to infiltrate human society without causing mass panic, hens the disguises. We are also born with twice the IQ of an ordinary human, part of our genetic makeup. Anyway, all we have to learn is how to implement our inelegance.
So, you think you are superior to humans? She asked.
We are superior in many ways, and yet we are kept prisoner, raised in what is effectively a test tube&. To put it bluntly.
Oh& Well if your so superior, why do you need my help? she asked.
I may be clever and resourceful, but I know squat about genetics. I answered. Plus, if a human is helping us, it will set others at rest that we arent the ravenous, mindless, man eating monsters that the military would like us to appear as.
She still looked a little uneasy, but I was sure of what it was. After all, most humans werent used to shark creatures talking to them about national security.
So she began nervously I bet your hungry after all that, you want something? Fish I bet. she finished with a thin grin.
I laughed, somehow that seemed to put her at ease, as if the ability to do something as friendly as laugh reassured her. Sure, I havent eaten anything other than bland military rations for the last seven years, lead on.

After a quick meal of micro waved fish sticks, which werent bad at all, we began to talk about liberating my people.
So, how are we going to do this Mako? she asked.
Do you have a piece of paper I could use? She nodded and returned a few seconds later with a piece of paper and a pen. I began to sketch the Posiedon facility, complete with labeled levels and the precision that we aquatics were bred for.
The way I figure it, there is no way we can go in through the main entrances, they will be on high alert after my break out. I drew an arrow to one of the lower storage levels. But, we could enter an unguarded room, and make our way up to the lab.
Auna looked at the drawing, and shook her head. And just how are we going to get through a solid wall?
I smiled and removed one of the items on the bullet proof vest I wore. It was a laser cutter, specifically designed to slice through sheet metal with no problem. This is our key, speaking of keys, do you have a car we can use, that one we took here wouldnt top fifty miles per hour.
In the garage, Ill get some things and well be off.
I turned to her, Thanks, for helping us.
Her eyes blazed, What they did is wrong, I feel it is my duty to help.

A few minutes later, a bright yellow T-zero, one of the first electric cars to make it to the open market, burst out of Auna's garage and tore towards the water front. Unfortunately, the Majestic agents were waiting.
Two black sedans, an armored truck, and a Comanche attack helicopter immediately pursued us, Vulcan mini gun blazing. Auna shouted over the roar of rotors, bullets and engines, We have a little company Mako.
I turned in my seat, No Kidding, Ill deal with this.
I raised the mag-rail shotgun and with the sound of metal on metal, magnetic fields reversed, and slammed the bolt of depleted uranium into the Comanches tail rotor assembly.
With a crash, the rotor separated from the body of the helicopter and slammed into a tall skyscraper near by. The chopper itself went into a violent tailspin and drove its nose into the next building along, but the cars were still on us.
The two sedans came close, trying to box us in, I leveled the shotgun and the one on my side of the car and drove another uranium rail into his engine block. The result was instantaneous, The magnetic drive shaft of the electric motor blew out the front of the car and rendered the vehicle useless.
The armored truck closed to try and cover the opening, but too late. We arrived at the docks, by this point I didnt care about causing panic. Throwing caution to the wind we charged for the main dock, my cloak offline and my shark like features clearly visible to anyone with functional optic nerves. Headlines would later read SHARKMAN DOES BATTLE WITH MEN IN BLACK
Auna brought the car to a skidding stop next to the peers entrance and we dived out. Charged down the length of the peer, boaters and merry makers scattering in our path. Auna looked around panicked, Wheres the boat? I thought you said it was&
I cut her off, Hold your breath. She did, and I dragged her off the edge of the dock. We swam together, Aunas eyes closed tightly against the salt water and we piled awkwardly into the cockpit of the submerged subfighter. The canopy closed over us and the water drained, no sooner had this taken place than I grabbed the controls and jammed the twin throttles forward.
With a roar, the aqua-jets fired and the subfighter, much to the awe of the crowd, tore away from the peer hurling a twenty foot rooster tail out behind it. The machine gun in the back of the armored truck opened fire, but we were already diving under the surface, safe from any projectile other than explosives.
With Auna taking huge gulps of air, either from the long dive or from nervousness. I turned the small ship south, back towards the hell hole from which I had escaped only hours before.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment