Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Liberty

An anthro story I wrote. Told from the first person perspective of a mutant in a future earth. His people are being kept a secret from humanity and he must save them from a dominating human millitary.

Chapter 7 - Liberty

Chapter 7 - Liberty
Chapter VI: Liberty

Himself? You mean itself right?

Ben Gannet, Stealth

The next day, I was admiring myself in a floor to ceiling mirror in what had once been the commanders quarters. Even if I am a six foot, anthropomorphic shark that most humans would run from at first glance, I have to admit that I am a little vain about my appearance. After all, if General Marchank is going to paint me as a psychopathic mutant on an unstoppable rampage for world domination, I might as well look the part right?
I was wearing one of Magentas creations, she and Chinook had decided that if we were going to be our own nation, a few changes would have to be made. Starting with the flag that waved in the Antarctic wind, instead of the red white and blue of the Americas (53 stars if you are keeping count in the mid twenty first century) there was now a navy blue banner. Reminiscent of the old soviet flag except that instead of scarlet, it was blue and instead of a gold sickle and hammer, it had a silver trident and anchor.
There was also now a coat of arms in the main dining hall, it featured a blue circle rimmed with silver, containing the same anchor and trident. Surrounding this were an orca, a shark and a dolphin, all swimming in a loop around the symbol. Beneath it was our motto: Strength, courage and wisdom.
The third change was the lighting, instead of the harsh white light that humans seem to prefer, the lights had all been set to emit a neon blue colour, giving the entire station the feeling of being under water. The last noticeable change was our attire, Magenta had designed these uniforms by taking the navy blue human ones, stripping them of any markings and adding her own. These took the form of a silver stripe, running from left shoulder to right waist, and a matching belt like stripe. The crossed anchor and trident was on the stripe as well as on the shoulder. Also, holes had been cut for our dorsal fins and our tails, overall she had out done herself.
Speaking of which, Magenta entered through the sliding doors at that moment. She smiled, How are they Mako?
I smiled back at her, Perfect, just perfect. She handed me a PDA like device known as a data pad, basically it is used to store and display useful information and is tied into the main computer of the station.
I looked it up and down, it was the list of jobs I had handed out, all had check marks next to them. Exhalant, how are we coping with out the I put on a mocking tone Superior Human race?
Magenta smiled, and almost laughed, Fine, all systems are functioning normally, and the reactor is at ninety five percent efficiency, according to human records, anything above eighty is considered an achievement.
Suddenly there was a beeping noise from the computer mounted in the desk next to me. I reached over and hit a key to open the video channel, and Chinooks black and white face appeared. Mako, you had better come to the conference room. Theyve responded at last. I nodded, Ill be there in a few seconds.
Magenta followed as I exited the quarters and entered a corridor, several meters on we came to the elevators and we took one up to level two, where we followed another blue tinged corridor to a conference room that had become the base of our hastily erected government. This took the form of a board of directors, each in charge of a separate element of our government. Chinook was head of our research efforts, Darwin in charge of social and morale issues, Aniken was my right fin for our armed forces (Around five at the moment), Magenta was in charge of external affairs (diplomacy) and one of Chinooks fellow orcas, Coho was in charge of our economy and supplies. I myself was of course chairman (err& chair fish I guess). We had a fair and democratic election of course, but it had been unanimous.
We entered the conference room to find the others around a large metal table, on the wall opposite the door was a copy of our flag and on the left was a large LCD screen that right now showed a view of what was apparently UN headquarters. A representative, a British man by the looks of it, was standing in the foreground. He looked very nervous indeed, understandable since he had to open negotiations with what was essentially another species.
We took our seats and he began in a nervous tinny voice: The United Nations addresses the mutants who have overtaken the American station known as Posiedon, state your demands.
I smiled, this probably gave my already fearsome features an even more menacing quality. Our demands? Well they are quite simple. We wish for equality with humans, the right to life, and total seventy over the continent of Antarctica. We also want a buffer zone between Antarctica and any human shipping or military.
There was an eruption of noise from the human delegates.
A few countries: Canada, and oddly enough, China. Were all for it. But others: America, France, Brittan, and other old world countries were dead set against it. There was one over reaching theme, they would not grant what they called Artificial beings equal rights.
Finally there was a call for silence, the administrator called that the matter would be put to the vote. A few tense minutes later, the votes were tallied.
They agreed to the possession of Antarctica, no one lives down here aside from penguins anyway. They also agreed that we should not be killed, we were classified as sentient life, and so were protected against genocide. However, they would not grant us equal rights, no matter how inelegant we were, they would still consider us animals.
The meeting ended with the American delegate declaring that we were still technically their property, this caused a second uproar as cries of racism echoed through the UN hall. Then the image was replaced by our emblem.
I turned to the others, Well, thoughts? Suggestions?
Aniken looked slightly dejected, You should have just let me juke them.
I couldnt help but smile coldly, Aniken, waging war against all of humanity is counter productive, besides, why give the good general the satisfaction? Anyway, is there any new business?
Chinook answered, Me and Auna have discovered a cash of viable embryos, apparently, the humans were planning on cloning a virtual army of us.
My smile broadened, Expellant, how many people can this station support?
Chinook replied, With all quarters filled, and the four submarines fully crewed, Id say in excess of six hundred.
Get to work my good orca, anything else?
Coho stepped in, Yes sir, you might like this still more. He took from his pocket a small box and set it on the table. He proceeded to open it, inside was a small pile of pale blue crystals which sparkled in the neon blue light.
There were gasps from around the table, Magenta whispered to me, Arent they beautiful? I picked one up from the box and held it to the light, Where did you find these Coho?
He replied, One of our perimeter patrols who were sweeping for human mines ran across a seem of these along a near by cliff. It is my theory that this base is built on top of a massive diamond deposit, Antarctic Ice diamonds to be precise.
Chinook nodded, Thats all well and good, but we will never survive in this world without an ally.
I considered this for a moment, then it clicked. Coho, can you get me two suitcases of these diamonds?
He nodded, Should be simple enough, what do you have in mind?
I smirked If the American eagle will not help us, then a certain golden dragon might.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment