Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2






The mansion was gothic and dark, full of traps and dead ends, guards crawling all over the place and security cameras scattered all over the area. Luckily for the agents their power of invisibility (though still letting them see themselves), protects them from these obstacles… except of course for the traps…



“Mind your step Agent Vodello, this place is probably booby trapped from-” Sasha swiftly pulled the invisible agent Vodello away from a bevy of spikes suddenly shooting from the wall.



“Milla! I told you to be careful!” he murmured.



“I'm sorry! I almost fell for that cheap parlor trick- Wait…Here comes the guards!” she whispered as they saw two figures slowly approaching them.



The two guards, one pudgy and short followed by other guard who looks like he could be blown away by the nearest breeze went closer. The agents backed away slowly, careful not to alert them in any way.

“One of those newfangled traps got set off again!” growled the fat guard. “Probably another one of those dumb pigeons! Flying around like they own the place! The whole mansion is a mess!” The toothpick of a guard nodded in contempt “You got that right, just the other day we had to fix all those blasted security cameras because some wise guy decided to spill coffee on the whole system! We still haven't gotten any of them fixed, this boss better come through on pay day!” The guard growled.



Sasha saw her partner smile mischievously at him and understood immediately what to do. The guards soon deactivated the trap and were about to go back to their post when one of them felt someone tapping his shoulder.



“Wha...who's there?” he asked.



“Just us pigeons.” replied a female voice and that was all he heard when he was knocked over by Milla's levitation ball and the skinny guard was dispatched by a well aimed psi-blast square at chest by Sasha. He then lifted the fat guard using telekinesis and left him dangling by the leg, the floating guard was shivering in fright as he saw his companion knocked out cold when he heard a deep and brooding voice asking “So, where's your boss?”



“You-you think I'll tell you?” he managed to mumble.



“Well, no. I didn't think so. Actually, I was just trying to be civilized before I turn you into barbeque.”



The guard could feel steam coming out of his body.



“All right! All right… Nothing's worth this! He's at the penthouse…here's the password.” He threw a piece of paper at the ground. “You'll…you'll never get to him anyway…I've…already…tripped a silent alarm…and chances are...they'll find you…and when that happens, you guys won't stand …puff…a chance. Now…puff…put me the heck down!!!



“If that's what you want.” Sasha said as he tossed the guard into the nearest waste can and proceeded to pick up the crumpled piece of paper, by then they could already here the sound of footsteps approaching them.



“Well, I never did like being subtle.” Milla said. The two agents lifted their invisibility as a whole squad of henchmen surrounded them. “This is where the real party begins!”



In mere seconds Milla was able to dispose of half the goons by a psychic roundhouse kick, throwing them all over the wall and Sasha psi-blasted the rest who were unlucky enough to be right in front of him. After picking off any remaining henchmen, the two continued on, deftly avoiding any traps set for them. They made it to the top floor to reveal a titanic set of double doors. They used the password the guard had given them in a control panel nearby. The doors creaked slowly to reveal the contents inside. The room was sleek and hollow, full of test tubes and blueprints. Brains of all shapes and sizes in jars were stacked upped in cabinets and tables all over the room all abysmal and foreboding but the agents were focusing their attention to the center of the room, there a man beside a huge laser aimed at the dancing crowd looked half-shocked and angry at their arrival.



“Vice- President Marshall, you are under arrest for using psychic means in illegal brain extraction and in your plans of domination.” Sasha declared with a tone of authority.

Raymond's expression remained unchanged. It radiated calmness and arrogance, as if Sasha's words held no meaning over him. “Can't keep it a secret forever, now can I?! Though…by the time they find you, it wouldn't matter! Cause I'll be the one on top!!! Mwaha-” Sasha and Milla shot simultaneously a psi-blast straight at Raymond, sending him smacking into a billboard, splitting in into half. “Why you ingrates… Couldn't you let me finish my climatic monologue, I mean you think they could show the future president a little respect!!!” He howled as he staggered up. “Well at the risk of sounding cliché…let me put it this way… three can play at this game!” in a split-second he made a table levitate and rammed it towards the pyschonauts who managed to evade it.



“You're psychic too!?' Milla wheeled in surprise.



“Wow! Doesn't take a genius to figure that out!” Raymond mouthed sarcastically as he psi-blasted Milla who used a psychic shield to deflect it while Sasha made a huge chunk of metal lying around, hit Raymond at the legs, effectively bringing him down at all fours. “Grr... I'll get you for that” as he targeted Sasha with his psi-blast but before he could Milla brought down a whole cabinet directly at him with not enough force to injure him but more than enough to pin him to the ground and subdue him.



“Had enough?” she asked smugly



“In your dreams!” he grunted as he struggled against the cabinet and managed push a button that brought to life the previously hibernating laser.



“What have you done!?” Milla bellowed as Sasha rushed to the laser in an effort to disarm it.



“It's too late! I may not get the power but at the very least…I'll get my revenge…” he said. But then the laser started to shoot bolts left and right with sparks flying all over the room and electricity starting to engulf it. “Wha-What's happening!? This… this isn't suppose to happen!!!” Then they were swallowed by an intense light.
















Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment