Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Chapter Seven

Another author-gets-thrown-into-Hyrule-crap. I couldn't resist! SO, the auther and some of her online friends get thrown into Hyrule! Who called them there? Why are the needed? WHY CAN'T I WRITE GOOD SUMMARIES?! Just read it, and enjoy.

Chapter 8 - Chapter Seven

Chapter 8 - Chapter Seven
~~~Chapter Seven~~~

ozf/Jana's PoV~

I knew what was ahppening before he even opened his mouth. I've seen it in so many movies, read it in so many books, heard

it in so many campfire stories.....

......"something's coming"......

We, or the miniuature army, loads everything that can be carried onto their horses, and leave all that can be spared on the

ground. Me and the others just stand around, trying not to get in the way. I'm feeling ansty, I can't just STAND here! I see that

my friends feel the same. I look around the bustle and spot a shining blue ball, no doubt Navi, and head towards it. If I had not

had the expirience of trying to get to my locker wen the day was out, would have been trampled on. But, after many weeks of

weaving, ducking, and dancing around, I made it to Navi, who was accompanied by Link. He was busily talking to Kenned in a

language that I didn't know of.


"Ika wertoi!" Kenned said exasperatedly, "Ika wertoi, Pacoint!"

Link sighed in frustration. None have them had noticed me yet. d**n my shortness.

"Mero, Kenned," said Link, sounding as exhausted as he looked, "Ika juvea re isvet." He looked down at me and gave me a weary smile. So he had noticed me.

Kenned boed clumsily, and ambled of to a chestnut horse, and started loading it up with various parcels, weapons, and foods.

"Ut domra poiyer?" He asked in his language. I raised a eyebrow. He shook his head, while the little glow ball started nattering at him for ... talking in a language that I didn't understand. He glared at it.

"He MEANS "You need anything?" but being the slow one that he is, he doesn't even use proper grammer, how stupid, Link, you really must remeber we have LADIES in our company now, you must shape up and -"

"Behave like a genltman, I KNOW," Link said, glaring up at Navi who had still not shut up. Stupid. Annoying. Fairy.

"SHUT UP YOU STUPID GLOW BALL!!!" I screamed. And it worked. In fact, everyone stopped and stared at me. I could feel myself going red. Link waved them to get back to their business. They did. Navi went off muttering darkly, now a birght shade of red.

"Did you need anything?" he asked, a hint of a smile pulling at his lips.

"No, I was just wondering if I could be of any help," I murmured, looking at my feet. I had a serious doubt that he would let me help, seeing as I was so small.

"Hmm.... " pondered Link, furrowing his brow. A moment later he came out of his trance, "Are you any good with horses?"

"I love horses!" I said, perking up imeadiatley, "What do you need me to do?"

"You see the beige mare over there?" he asked, leaning over slightly to the right and pointing. I leaned over and spotted a healthy looking lone mare, looking around at the bustle around her listlessly.

"Yup." I said, looking her over. She was a well-excersized, beautiful mare, around ... six years old. She had a English saddle on.. that could be a problem, if Link wanted me to ride her, I wouldn't be able to, I can only ride Western.

"I need you to load her up with food, and any weapon I will show you later that you want. She is yours for now, since you cannot go on foot, you must ride her. Your friends do not look so expirienced, I can sense it, they way the shufle about nervously when a horse approaches them."

"Oh" I say, furrowing my brow 'Uh... I don't really know how to... ride in that kind of saddle" (using the term "English" would have seemed weird, and I'm too tired to put a whole thing about "OMG, what's English?" thing up).

"Hm?" Link came out of his trance of looking around him while keeping a firm hold of a rudy mare that had walked of to him by the bridle, "Oh. Well, we do have one other kind of saddle, I hope it suits your tastes better." He walked away until I could not see him anymore and realized that the horse was walking slowy away.

"Oh, no you don't," I say, and firmly grab the horse's bridle and yank her head over to face the direction Link had gone in. She gave a snort of disapproval and tried to get away, I only held her head more firmly. The horse loked familiar... EPONA! I'm so stupid! I began humming "epona's Song" slowy, and I felt Epona calm down as her muscles eased out of their tensed state. I did this for a few minutes, and did not even notice that Link was standig beside me with a bemused look on his face.

"Hello...?" He said waving a hand infront of my facewhich was now resting on Epona's neck.

"Huh?" I say, and snap out of my trance. He holds out a Western saddle. Good."Thanks, this is the one I'm used to." I take it, and nearly fall over due to the immense weight of the saddle.

"The.. saddles at home.. aren't... so heavy.... " I grunt. Link laughed.

"I thought you would fall right over!" he laughed as I walked towards the mare. I paused, still having one question on my mind.

"What's the... mare's..n-name?" I manage to get out.

"Thydoreth" he answers, still laughin at my struggle with the saddle.

I manage to get over to Thydoreth without falling over and drop the saddle on the ground. Still in this d**ned forest. I reach out to Thydoreth and gently take her bridlt and massage her ears; she loks nervous and tense. I smile to myself, as she relaxes. Thank goodness for cousin's who live on a ranch. I look under her belly to find the buckle and undo it.

Big mistake.

With a scream, I go flying over Thydoreth's side due to the weight of the saddle, and land on my back, on her left side, on a pile of evil little pebbles at scrape my back and the saddle on top of me. I struggle to free myself and surprisingly, the saddle came off easily. Then I realize the faces of Rob and Kevin are smiling down at me, holding the saddle above me easily and trying not to laugh.

"What?" I say, rolling out of the evil little pebble pile, "It's heavier than the one I was carrying, and it's more than likely heavier than me!"

Margaret and Lisa were really getting a kick outta this thy were leaning on each other for support. Steve was just standing there, his shoulders shaking with laughter. I could hear the high pitched giggling of Navi, and the guffaw of Kenned too. Great.

I got up, and picked up the saddle I had dropped, and put it on Thydoreth without her bolting, ad buckled it up. It wasn't hard to find food, and I looked around for Link, and found him being nattered by Navi again. Thydoreth had learned to follow her master, so, being a smart horse, she had followed me. Link turned to me with a triumphant smile and pointed at the assorted weapons on the ground.

"I've somehow managed to find very spare weapon here. So, we have a braodsword," he pointed at a sword not unlike hi own, "and a spear," he pointed at a dangeruos-looking spear... I can't throw to save my life... "and double daggers," he pointed at two identical knive-y looking things, "A shortword, "He pointed to a little sword, a minuature duplacite of the broadsword he showed me, "and a bow an a quiver of arrows" OH! One thing I was pretty good at! Arhery!

"Bow and arrow..." I said. Link picked up the bow and quiver and handed them to me. I slung the quiver over my shoulder, and the bow around the quiver.

"Do you know how to use those?" Link asked.

"To some extent" I said, and got the bow off my back, fitted a feathered arrow to the notch took my aim and-

"THAT NEARLY HIT ME!" screamed Navi, who was bothering Steve who was glowering at her, and now shaking with laughter.

"Oh, it did?" I say, putting on mock shock, "I'm SO sorry! Silly bow! My these arrows sure are dangeruos huh?" I pull the arrow from the tree it had been embedded in.

Link was laughing also. Navi turned a shade of red and attacked him, throwing herself at him, abruptly turning Link's laughter into cries of surprise. I fitted the same arrow to mybow and took my aim. Navi frooze, and went a shade of yellow, then zipped off squealing.

Link was not lughing as everyone else was, though. He was looking off in the distance, a worried look on his face.

"Time to go" he said simply, and swung up gracefully into Epona's saddle. I mounted Thydoreth, though perhaps not so uch as graceful as Link was. Poor Steve was having troubles as was everyone else getting onto the back of some warrior's horse. Impatienly, they yanked my friends on behind them.

Something was coming, it was apparent even in my mind and I had a feeling that everyone else knew that too. I looked at the greying sky, knowing full well that the light of day could mean either escape or capture.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment