Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chapter Eight

Another author-gets-thrown-into-Hyrule-crap. I couldn't resist! SO, the auther and some of her online friends get thrown into Hyrule! Who called them there? Why are the needed? WHY CAN'T I WRITE GOOD SUMMARIES?! Just read it, and enjoy.

Chapter 9 - Chapter Eight

Chapter 9 - Chapter Eight
~~~Chapter Eight~~~

Ozf/Jana’s PoV ~

We were galloping off a rate that I found surprising. Must be Hylain bred horses. Kevin rode up beside me.

“I never knew you could ride a horse!” I half-shout over the wind, squinting my eyes against the harsh wind.

“I didn’t know YOU could ride a horse either!” he said back, also squinting also.

I looked behind the group, and saw a tiny black speck over the rigid horizon, dark against the rising sun. U knew that was trouble. It was getting bigger fast.

“Kevin?” I said, losing hope, “Do you see that?”

“Hm?” Kevin said. I pointed to the now noticeable black dot. It had wings. Oh no, wings, not good. Dragon probably. Kevin’s eyes widened. “Oh no… that does not look good…”

Link came up on the other side of me (we were in the second row thingy thing, quite near to the front where Link had been leading us) and noticed what we were looking at.

“Don’t look at it” he hissed as faint as a rustling, “It can strike fear into even the bravest of hearts. Don’t look at it.”

I had a hard time tearing my eyes from the ever-growing dot, but Kevin still had his eyes fixed on it.

“Kevin!” I hiss, trying to be heard by Link, lest Kevin get in trouble. I poked him in the arm. “Kevin!”

“What?” he said, head snapping over to look at me.

“Didn’t you hear Link?“ said, “he told us NOT to look at that.. Dot.. He said it could.. ‘strike fear into the bravest of hearts’ or something.”

“He did?” Kevin’s eyebrows raised a bit, “Hm. This wax must really be working.” He pointed to his ear, which was stuffed with… what looked like… wax… [not EAR wax, I’m sure Kevin’s got better hygiene than that.. Until then ...**edges away from Kevin]. “Sorry, couldn’t hear. Didn’t he give you any of this?”

“No, he was giving me my bow and quiver” I shift my shoulders to that they were visible. Kevin scowled.

“All I got was a little knife” Kevin said. I could see the end of the sheath poking out from beneath his shirt.

We rode on in silence from then, then Rob called Kevin over to talk with him, and I was left alone. A few minutes Lisa, Margaret and Steve called me over . I slowed my horse down, and soon I was riding along side them and some scary looking soldiers who were in command of the horses.

“Isn’t this crazy how we’ve all met up?” asked Steve who was beaming over Soldier #1’s shoulder.

“Yea, freaky crazy” said Lisa from behind Soldier #2.

“Jana? You okay? You look a little pale…” Maru said, obviously concerned.

“I live in Canada.. I don’t see much sun in the winter” I say, half-lying.

“M’lady” said Kenned who had ridden up beside me. “The captain wishes to speak with you”

“O..kay…. “ I said, a bit taken off guard. I said a quick good-bye to the three, who looked jus as confused as I did. I guided Thydoreth over to the front row, where Link was.

“I hope you did not tell your friends of that….”

“Dot?”

“No, ‘tis more than a dot..” Link looked pale, “That is one of the most feared beings in the world.. . The -”

Link didn’t get to finish his sentence, for the most bloodcurdling shriek went like a knife through the air. I could feel it go through my heart, enveloping me in an icy shadow. I can feel an invisible hand pull at my heart.

*..come to me, One of the Spirit…*

Another voice. Different than the first one, which was serene, calm, and pure. This one was cold, harsh and mocking, full of hatred and evil.

I feel sick, and faint, as though I am about to pass out. I can still hear the constant thumping of the horses hoofs, but it sounded rather like a muffled heartbeat, as if I was hearing it from underwater. Black spots clouded my vision, growing, growing, puling me into a deep abyss of fear and darkness.

I try to scream, but I can’t move. I am frozen to the saddle (am I even on a saddle?), paralyzed with fear.

I can see something now. I can’t see it clearly, it’s too fuzzy, as if my contacts had come out. I could see my memories… not the joyful ones… but the ones full of despair… I nearly cried out when I saw my mother fall down the stairs, remebering how cold nd limp she felt in my arms... and my father's face passed, but that was enogh too scare me out of my wits... I wanted to scream, to scream so loud, to block out the voices that had taken over my mind, accusing me of things I cannot recall of doing. Let it stop, please, please.... I felt like I was being suffocated as another unearthly shriek went through my body, taking more energy from my already exhausted body.

“DAMMIT!” said a voice, sounding masculine. I was too tired and despaired to care any longer…. I wanted to sleep.….. I could feel something on my arm, pulling me up.. Hmmm.. I must have been sliding off Thydoreth… I could hear other voices, full of fright and terror... all I could see now was pure black... and... two red dots.. eyes... the colour of blood.. I have never felt such petrification in my life.

A third shriek ripped through the air and my body and mind was enveloped in such a pain, I could only scream silently, my eyes blank and my mouth wide as I sank into the deep cavern of darkness….



**********************************************************************


Steve/Linkmaster’s PoV


A cold grip took hold of me as Jana went limp on Thydoreth. I shouted over to Link, who cursed and lunged as far as he could to grab her. I could hear little whimperings coming from Jana as everyone rode up further to see what was happening. I could hear a faint screeching, blocked by the wax in my ears. I looked back. A small form of a dragon was approaching... fast. That's what was .... doing that to Jana. She must not have wax in her ears [NOT ERAWAX!! I have no earwax in my ears. I have very good hygiene. See? **squeaks**] That screech nearly droove all the wit out of me, I can't imagine what's going on with Jana!

I could see the same emotions playing across everybbody else's face too. They all looked downright terrified.

Link shouted out a command and dragged Jana onto Epona, as the archers turned on their horses (who kept at the same pace; they must have been trained to follow the genereal direction of the moving pack) and let fly arrows; slim and feathered towards the now quite near shape of the dragon.

There was gashes in it's wings and a deadly looking spike on each joint of it. It's teeth looked like a million swords twisted into unrecognizble shapes. The chest looked like the biggest barrel in the world, tough as steel, armoured by scales as big as plates; coal black. It's talons looked like an eagle's, only magnified one hundred times.... I don't fancy beign tangled in them.. and it's tail was long, thing and whip-like.... but the thing that terrorized me most.. was it's eyes... the colour of mottled blood, peircing, unforgiving, full of deep hatred, and murdurous deisres....

"DAMMIT!" Link shouted as Jana's eye's went wide and blank, full of pure horror and pain, and mouth opened in a silent scream. It seemed like she couldn't see, but her eyes were fized on the dragon's.

As we crested the hill, I could see what looked like a town, grey through the faint mist... but still far away... we will never make it... I sank into a hopeless trance as the city didn't seem to get any bigger, and as the dragon was gaining fsat, nearly over the last frantic soldier in the assembly...

What can we do now?


Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Animanic on October 13, 2005, 8:30:59 AM

Animanic on
Animanicvery good. had trouble with the POV thing but thats my fult not yours so kip it up.

oh, cat can't commint, he's taking care of 'bissness'

chocolate_luver on March 14, 2005, 10:18:30 PM

chocolate_luver on
chocolate_luver Thank you guys, so muh on commenting on my sotry. I just did a lot of work, so... thanks again. :)

linkinpark_fan on March 14, 2005, 7:33:30 AM

linkinpark_fan on
linkinpark_fanwow great story! please compleate it please, so cool

Talim22 on September 20, 2004, 11:42:26 AM

Talim22 on
Talim22i really, REALLY like ur fanfic so far. very well written. I hope you write more.
-Talim22