Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Introduction to Blood

Phantompaw longs to see the world outside ThunderClan's camp but at what cost?

Book 1: Revolution
Book 2: Dust to Dust
Book 3: Broken
Book 4: Break Out

Chapter 2 - Introduction to Blood

Chapter 2 - Introduction to Blood
Phantompaw padded along silently behind Flare whose pace seemed to be quickening with every pawstep. The trail they were following was damp and uneven which caused him to topple over every now and again. This time his hind paw snagged on a tree root and he fell face first into the mud. Flare snickered and her icy blue eyes gleamed with ammusment.

All of a sudden a twig snapped and a swallow screeched an alarm call. Phantompaw fixed his gaze on the shadowy area from which the sound had come. The fur on his neck fluffed out defiantly as a partol-like group of rogues walked from the bushes. There were three of them, a silver she-cat, a scruffy gray tom, and a white she-cat with a crooked tail.


Phantompaw glanced at Flare who sat calmly as the rogues investigated the wounds on her shoulders. The silver she-cat looked suprised at the fact that the wounds were dripping with scarlet blood.

"You... You actually managed to land a paw on Flare?!" asked the gray tom with shock.

Flare shot him a warning glare, "Oh don't worry Claw, I went easy on him, trust me."

Next the silver she-cat stalked over to Phantompaw. She had a dignified stride and kept her head high the entire time. Her neon green eyes seemed to pierce his pelt causing him to shiver.

"Easy now Phantompaw," mewed the white she-cat, "We're your friends, I promise Scarlet won't hurt you."

With a swish of his tail Phantompaw replied briskly, "The only reason I trust you is because I trust Flare..."

The she-cat's eyes dimmed and she had a hurt expression. Phantompaw began to wish he hadn't yelled at her but then she brightened again, "Come now Phantompaw our leader would like to see you."

Scarlet beckoned for the others to follow and Phantompaw fell into formation between Flare and the white she-cat with Claw following closely behind. As he walked on her noticed that all of these rogues were wearing collars similiar to Flare's, the ones studded with dog teeth. He swallowed nervously as he thought of ways they may have obtained them.

Phantompaw was led to a large barn with a collapsed roof. As they neared it he could see dozens of cats laying in and around its shadowy outskirts. Once they entered the barn he felt as if all their eyes were gazing with hostility towards him.


"Fira!" called the white she-cat, "It is I, Fang, returning with Scarlet, Claw, Flare, and the chosen one."

Phantompaw followed her gaze to the highest rafter in the barn and watched as a slender ginger she-cat and a muscular tabby tom jump off and land gracefully in front of the makeshift patrol.

"Greetings Phantompaw, I am Fira," mewed the ginger she-cat then pointing with her tail to the tabby she added, "And that is Thorn."

"Pleased to meet you but could someone please tell me where I am?" pleaded Phantompaw his pelt pricking as he felt a cold draft blow through the barn.

Fira's eyes lit up with a strange emotion that Phantompaw had never seen, "Why my dear apprentice your on BloodClan territory!"

Yowls filled with excitement echoed throughout the barn as Phantompaw remembered the stories his grandfather Cloudtail had told him about Scourge and the BloodClan invasion that happened many seasons ago in the forest that the Clans once lived in. Could this possibly be the same BloodClan

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ginathehedgehog on September 7, 2008, 4:32:34 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogAwesome!

darkyoshi555 on August 5, 2008, 10:50:38 AM

darkyoshi555 on
darkyoshi555oooo cool