Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Rise Of A New Scourge

Phantompaw longs to see the world outside ThunderClan's camp but at what cost?

Book 1: Revolution
Book 2: Dust to Dust
Book 3: Broken
Book 4: Break Out

Chapter 9 - Rise Of A New Scourge

Chapter 9 - Rise Of A New Scourge
Birchfall had launched himself into a full-blown attack claws unsheathed and reaching for Phantom's soft underbelly. But the small white cat had forseen his father's move and dodged it swiftly. He used Birchfall's down time to land a blow across the brown tabby's flank leaving behind a huge wound.

All of a sudden Phantom found himself pinned beneath his father's far superior weight. The brown tabby had nothing but pure hatred showing in his once loving green eyes. Phantom braced himself for claws to come raking down his side but they never came. Instead Flare had bowled Birchfall over. The much larger tom spat angrily and turned his sights on little Flare who was already panting and covered in blood. She would never stand a chance unless Phantom stepped in to help her.

Phantom yowled as he pounced on his own father raking his claws savagely down the tabby's stomach. A strange gurgling sound arose from Birchfall's throat as he outstretched his claws in one last attempt to reach Phantom but he couldn't and so he simple fell over landing with a loud thud in the dirt. A pool of scarlet blood ran from his wound and soaked Phantom's paws.

With the sight of their fallen warrior the ThunderClan cats fled leaving Joel's patrol unharmed. Only Cinderbrush had remained in the clearing her eyes filled with horror and disbelief. She quickly focused her gaze on Phantom and snarled before running off to follow the other warriors.

Phantom gazed at the motionless body of Birchfall with pride as Volcali uttered an almost ceremonial speach, "I say these words before the spirit of Scourge so that he may approve of my awarding Phantom with his first tooth to place in his collar!"

The blood-stained tom stared silently as Flare walked over to Birchfall's corpse, uttered something he couldn't hear, then approached him while carrying a tooth.

"Please take this tooth as a symbol of your official acceptance into BloodClan," mewed Flare her eyes shining.

"Phantom..." said Volcali, "You may be what this clan needs to restore itself to greatness. You are our new Scourge!"

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ginathehedgehog on September 7, 2008, 4:48:33 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogOmg, intense! XD

darkyoshi555 on August 5, 2008, 11:54:01 AM

darkyoshi555 on
darkyoshi555'-' .............he just killed his own father...........