Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 14 - Destiny Calls

Phantompaw longs to see the world outside ThunderClan's camp but at what cost?

Book 1: Revolution
Book 2: Dust to Dust
Book 3: Broken
Book 4: Break Out

Chapter 14 - Destiny Calls

Chapter 14 - Destiny Calls
Flare snarled as she realized what just happened. Her eyes seemed to change from their original lovely blue color to a blood red as she unsheathed her claws. The little ginger she-cat leapt at Firestar who still stood proudly over her dead mate's body. The much larger tom was caught off guard as she sank her teeth into his throat and raked her claws along his side.

Firestar yowled in pain as he hit the ground right beside Phantom. He looked horrified as Flare stepped closer to him. The pleading look in his eyes forced her to make a demand, "I will spare ThunderClan's crowfood leader! Only... if he gives my beloved mate a proper warrior name because I know that of all the things BloodClan could give him a true warrior name was not among those..."

Flare smiled as Firestar commended "Phantomflight" to Starclan as a full warrior. Somehow she knew despite her lack of faith in the stars that Phantom had never truly given up his love for his ancestors. She watched with a satisfied yet aching heart as the ThunderClan warriors filed out of the clearing leaving only a single cat's body in their wake, Phantomflight.

The bloodstained, motionless, white, body made Flare want to curl up and die herself. She lay her head on Phantomflight's stomach as she spoke to him, "Phantomflight... I'm sorry I couldn't kill him... But I promise you this," she mewed glancing toward her own stomach, "Our kits will be BloodClan's future, I'll make sure of it!"

After a few moments of silence Flare padded towards her clanmates who all looked horrified. Scarlet approached Flare coaxing her along the trail that lead toward the barn but every step along the way the spiky, ginger, tabby kept turning back expecting Phantomflight to be bounding alongside her with a goofy look on his face. When that didn't happen she sighed sadly and continued forward with her sister and other clanmates close by her side.

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ginathehedgehog on September 7, 2008, 4:57:52 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogNo, he died! Poor Flare!

darkyoshi555 on August 5, 2008, 12:11:17 PM

darkyoshi555 on
darkyoshi555oh no! he did die! thats so sad!

but this story is awesome!

kaitlin_mckitrick on August 4, 2008, 10:14:45 AM

kaitlin_mckitrick on
kaitlin_mckitrickOMG! He did die.... That's sad.

icestorm on July 31, 2008, 4:20:27 AM

icestorm on
icestormO_O He really did die!!

Wow! This is AWESOME!! ^^