Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 15 - Making The Ultimate Sacrifice

Phantompaw longs to see the world outside ThunderClan's camp but at what cost?

Book 1: Revolution
Book 2: Dust to Dust
Book 3: Broken
Book 4: Break Out

Chapter 15 - Making The Ultimate Sacrifice

Chapter 15 - Making The Ultimate Sacrifice
Flare gazed warmly at the two beautiful kits that lay beside her. One was a tomcat with ginger fur like hers and the other a white she-kit with black paws and ginger underbelly. She had decided to call the tom Dusty and the she-kit Robin. Scarlet had taken on the role of leader for the time being while Flare cared for her newborn kits. It had been a moon now since Phantomflight's death and she missed him more and more each day. But his spirit already seemed present in her two young kits. Though their eyes were not open yet she found herself hoping that atleast one of the kits would have their father's lovely green eyes.

"Flare?" mewed Hail poking her head into the crevice where the cautious ginger she-cat had made her next.

"Yes? What is it Hail?" hissed Flare impatiently.

"Um... you see... Fira wanted me to tell you that she thinks it would be best to give the kits to ThunderClan after all Firestar has made demands for them..."

Flare was outraged at these words. How could her own mother think giving the cat who murdered Phantomflight could be a good thing? She shielded the two mewling newborns with her tail as she hissed, "I'd rather give them to Meena than to that low-down may as well be on Fire-star!"

Meena was a kittypet who lived on the outskirts of BloodClan's territory who had recently had a litter herself. Flare was beggining to think that perhaps it would be best to give her kittens to someone who could keep them safe... Meena... she was the only choice!

Flare gathered up the two helpless bundles of fur and proceeded to run towards Meena's twoleg nest. When she arrived she was greeted by Meena's oldest son a tomcat named Tarnish. The bronze colored tom looked curiously at Robin and Dusty.

"Hello Tarnish," mewed Flare, "Is Meena around?"

"Yes I'm here," said the friendly voice of Meena who was coming up from behind Tarnish. She was followed by a young kit who looked as though his eyes had just opened.

"Meena... I have a huge favor to ask of you..."

"What is it?"

"I... I need you to take care of my kits... They're not safe with me but I have a feeling they would be with you."

Meena's shocked expression turned to a warm smile as she put her tail around Robin and Dusty, "Of course! Tomy here is my only young one right now and he could use some playmates. What are their names?"

Flare looked at her thankfully, "Dusty and Robin..."

Flare felt as though her heart had completely disinegrated as she watched her friend carry her only remains of Phantomflight away. But part of her also felt relieved, she wouldn't have to worry about the kits getting into trouble here. As she turned to leave she couldn't help but catch a glimpse of a white tom's figure walking beside her pawstep for pawstep. A voice seemed to whisper into her ears, "I will wait for you here among the stars. But be in no rush, there are those who still need you..."

THE END

Comments

Comments (5)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

ginathehedgehog on September 7, 2008, 5:00:51 AM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogSuch a sad ending but it was an amazing story!

darkyoshi555 on August 5, 2008, 12:15:53 PM

darkyoshi555 on
darkyoshi555that...was...AWESOME!
omg i loved it sssoooooo much!
*faves* a bagillion timez!!!!!

kaitlin_mckitrick on August 4, 2008, 10:17:07 AM

kaitlin_mckitrick on
kaitlin_mckitrickAwww... good story, but it's sad...

icestorm on July 31, 2008, 4:23:34 AM

icestorm on
icestormThe story was AWESOME!!!!

desertbreeze on July 31, 2008, 4:36:50 AM

desertbreeze on
desertbreezeI'm so glad you liked it! I cried when I decided to kill Phantom T-T I'm gonna miss him