Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 11 - Bones Shatter

The story of Robin and Dusty and how their lives change when they discovered the truth about their real parents.

Book 1: Revolution
Book 2: Dust to Dust
Book 3: Broken
Book 4: Break Out

Chapter 11 - Bones Shatter

Chapter 11 - Bones Shatter
Dusty watched as all of his clanmates swarmed around Phantomflight except for himself and Frozenheart. Obviously she had no reason to be overjoyed (not that she ever was) because she didn't know this cat. Her tail was flicking impatiently but other than that he couldn't read any emotion in her gaze. He could only imagine the terrible things those cold eyes had seen...

Phantomflight took his place atop Flare's bonehill and began projecting voice above those of the others, "Cats of BloodClan! Its good to be home and I appreciate your welcome but now we must focus on the issues at hand. The largest of these issues goes by the name Firestar... we must make peace with ThunderClan!"

Gasps of astonishment rose from the cats in the barn. Dusty watched as Frozenheart dug her claws into the dirt raising her yowl to match Phantomflight's, "What?! How can you say that? Firestar is a tyranny that must fall! He threw me from my home and you from yours and don't you think for one moment I don't know where those scars came from!"

Phantomflight's fur bristled but then lay flat as he looked his challenger in the eyes, "What can Firestar do to us now that we haven't lived through?"

Frozenheart reply was harsh and sounded as though it had been rehearsed, "But tell me Phantomflight, wouldn't it be thrilling to sink your teeth into the neck of the only cat whose ever hurt you?"

Dusty turned his gaze behind him to where BloodClan's ex-leader Fira was standing. He found himself half hoping she would step in and settle this. Then as if she could read his thoughts Fira pushed her way among the crowd and stepped up beside Phantomflight on high rock.

Her mew was hoarse but her eyes had a firm gaze as she spoke, "Phantomflight may have had a shaky past with Firestar but their kin perhaps we should give this truce a chance..."

Suddenly the meeting was interupted as Robinstream burst into camp her eyes full of fear, "Dusty! Firestar's grandson Dustfang has taken mother captive!"

Phantomflight looked around the clearing frantically for Flare but she was nowhere to be seen, "Cats of BloodClan! I do not know this 'Dustfang' but whoever he is he will rue the day he even dared to take Flare!"

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

EternalDarknessWaitsForDawn on September 29, 2008, 9:01:01 AM

EternalDarknessWaitsForDawn on
EternalDarknessWaitsForDawnAwesomeness! I congrats again on your perfectness in displaying frozen hearts excatly as i would! great job!

ginathehedgehog on September 27, 2008, 1:16:19 PM

ginathehedgehog on
ginathehedgehogLol Bones Shatter! From AlliKatNya's new AMV? XD Awesome chapter! The story just keeps getting better and better! ^^

desertbreeze on September 28, 2008, 4:33:52 AM

desertbreeze on
desertbreezeYeah the song was stuck in my head when I wrote this chapter XD

icestorm on September 22, 2008, 9:21:34 AM

icestorm on
icestormCaptive? Stupid Dustfang! What was he thinking?!